Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-02-14 05:37PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

the thing is im sure that the change has been known about for wuite some time. They knew at the brier and won the whole thing

There's no point in engaging the garbage posters here with the baseless, hateful, personal nonsense they post. It's best to either call them on it or ignore them.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-02-14 06:56PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ngm

There's no point in engaging the garbage posters here with the baseless, hateful, personal nonsense they post. It's best to either call them on it or ignore them.

Great point. And the worlds is all about getting into the playoffs. From there, the real competition begins. Sure the 1/2 game would be nice, but it's not a necessity.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 173.252.12.103

04-02-14 08:24PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Can't remember the last time Canada got murdered by both Sweden and Norway in round-robin? Perhaps Jack McDuff (76)?

In 2001, Ferbey lost to both Norway [Trulsen] and Sweden [Lindholm] in round robin. Canada then lost to Switzerland in page 3-4 game and to Norway again in Bronze medal game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.41.29.203

04-02-14 11:19PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

A nice easy win over Germany....should help.

04-03-14 05:18AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Team Canada did what they needed to do - two wins - and got the losses from Japan to finish 2nd.

I believe that if Switzerland wins their last game vs. USA, they will finish 3rd, having beaten all the other 4-loss teams. If Switzerland loses, they're out.

I'm really hoping we'll see at least one of the Pacific teams in the playoffs, just like we did in the Women's Worlds. It's great for the sport to see continued strength and growth in a broader international field.

04-03-14 08:00AM
Unregistered

You are correct. If Switzerland wins they finish 3rd and then whoever wins between china and Sweden would play japan in the tiebreaker

if Switzerland loses then we have our 4 teams through and clear

right now Sweden is beating china after 4

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

04-03-14 09:37AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Can't remember a world championship that has generated less excitement than this one. Limited TV coverage thats seen TSN take a back seat to hockey (again) and no coverage of non-Canada games. Combine with a fairly morose canadian personality in Koe and you have formula for apathy.

TSN would have been better sending an internet crew and let Gerry & Hodgy call the games. They did cut out some of the costs by NOT sending Linda but thats minor.

Again you complain about no tv coverage for non Canada games and again ill remind you that they never cover non Canadian games and they more than likely never will. The average viewer is your casual fan and the casual fan does not want to watch a game not involving Canada. Id bet that even most of the dedicated curling fans don't want to

Whats been awful is that TSN will broadcast a game at 6:00 in the morning but when there's a game Canada is in at 8:00 at night Canadian team they cant get it on TV. basketball or hockey..even darts take precedence.

04-03-14 09:39AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

right now its looking like Sweden and Switzerland should win so Switzerland will get 3rd and japan will play Sweden in a tiebreaker

of course as I right this Sweden got lucky not to give a 3 in 9 and now china is sitting 2 buried

04-03-14 09:51AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

The young teams from Switzerland and Sweden. Whatever happens now they've had great performances for this being their first world championship as skips. Pretty impressive. Its not often that teams this young make the playoffs at worlds on their very first try

04-03-14 09:58AM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

China made it interesting at the finish-IMHO they'll have a new vice next season...

04-03-14 10:05AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I think people need to stop counting the Chinese as contenders for gold. They had a great run at the Olympics but they've only made the playoffs once at worlds in their 7 appearances and that was in 2008. (That alone is certainly impressive)

Lets let them win a medal of some other color or perhaps show that they can make the playoffs again before we can legitimately call them title contenders.

04-03-14 10:20AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

who will be the most disappointed? without doubt Denmark. To finish dead last is the biggest surprise of the tournament

04-03-14 12:51PM
chinabar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chinabar Find more posts by chinabar Add chinabar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chinabar
Harvey Hacksmasher

China

China is extremely poorly coached, or their skip is a very slow learner. The Chinese team has no clue on how to generate points using last rock with corner guards, plays the 4 foot continuously with or without hammer and never leaves themselves a shot to count 2 or more or bail out of trouble. I think coach roque has an extreme language barrier because they sure do not seem to improve strategically or else the coaching should be reviewed.

04-03-14 01:22PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
I think people need to stop counting the Chinese as contenders for gold. They had a great run at the Olympics but they've only made the playoffs once at worlds in their 7 appearances and that was in 2008. (That alone is certainly impressive)

Lets let them win a medal of some other color or perhaps show that they can make the playoffs again before we can legitimately call them title contenders.

They've basically always been in the middle which to my mind, is enough to perenially say they are playoff contenders. I'm not sure I've heard too many people call them contenders for gold, so I'm not sure why that needs to stop.

04-04-14 06:44AM
Unregistered

A Norway vs Canada final Sunday would be great. I would be happy for either team winning.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-04-14 07:00AM
Unregistered

Btw. I really like 2 announcers .. Just about the right amount of chatter for me ...

04-04-14 07:04AM
Unregistered

I was going to post after my 2 commentors comments .. Thats probably the kiss of death ...lol. Now we have technical difficulties !

04-04-14 09:34AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Page 3v4 turns out to be another game of bang-bang. What should be an exciting match is pretty boring instead. Another exhibit of the need for a 5-rock FGZ or some other change to keep the fans interested.

04-04-14 09:41AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
Page 3v4 turns out to be another game of bang-bang. What should be an exciting match is pretty boring instead. Another exhibit of the need for a 5-rock FGZ or some other change to keep the fans interested.

I knew it was doomed to that after Switzerland missed the draw in 4. Sweden went up 3-1. I have been watching this Swedish team for a while now and I knew if they ever got a sizeable lead, even early rocks in play would be minimal.

its ironic because in the strategical sense its the right thing to do, there's nothing wrong with it. It does make for some extremely boring matches though when, from the 5th end on 1 team is just trying to make everything go away

I wont lie I was pulling more for Switzerland here but Im happy for Sweden too.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 130.179.165.9

04-04-14 09:44AM
Unregistered

Sweden on a roll now.

04-04-14 01:23PM
Unregistered

quote:

They'll have their work cut out with whoever drops down from the 1-2 game!

yes but you could also say the same thing about whoever does lose that 1 v.s 2 game. This young Swedish team, and in particular the skip are afraid of nothing and no one.

in a way Oskar reminds me of Rachel. He's not afraid of anything. His strength is the hit, although, like rachel he can make just about everything. His strategy is miles ahead of most of the younger teams out there. He's also known to try circus shots that get him into trouble when he really shouldn't.

04-04-14 04:59PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

quote:

They'll have their work cut out with whoever drops down from the 1-2 game!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Shouldn't be a 1-2 game. All major curling events(Brier, Worlds, Olympics ect.) should be run as a modified page playoff. Clear round robin winner should get a bye to the final - 4 vs 3, winner of that plays 2, winner of that plays in the final. No good reason, other than TV that the clear cut round robin winner should be playing an extra game. It minimizes the importance of the round robin in my view. That's my two cents and I'm sticking to it.

Page playoff system works ok with pools (baseball), but not something of this magnitude

04-04-14 06:29PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Agree

quote:
Originally posted by CURLING NUTS

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Shouldn't be a 1-2 game. All major curling events(Brier, Worlds, Olympics ect.) should be run as a modified page playoff. Clear round robin winner should get a bye to the final - 4 vs 3, winner of that plays 2, winner of that plays in the final. No good reason, other than TV that the clear cut round robin winner should be playing an extra game. It minimizes the importance of the round robin in my view. That's my two cents and I'm sticking to it.

Page playoff system works ok with pools (baseball), but not something of this magnitude

100% Agree. If one team is clear of the rest in the round robin they should get the bye right to final. There has to be a reward for being the best all week other than just a 2nd chance if they lose the 1-2 game.

04-04-14 07:09PM
Unregistered

Re: Agree

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

100% Agree. If one team is clear of the rest in the round robin they should get the bye right to final. There has to be a reward for being the best all week other than just a 2nd chance if they lose the 1-2 game.

but there is. Not only do they get a second chance they get hammer and choice of rocks

It would be a massive disadvantage for the team that got a bye right to the final. Sitting around for possibly 2 days with no real matches?

that could spell disaster for the team that got the bye

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

04-04-14 07:14PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: Agree

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Actually, if a team goes through the rr undefeated, there shouldn't be a playoff. But that ain't going to happen.