W: MCT Championships
M: WFG Jim Sullivan Curling Classic
W: WFG Jim Sullivan Curling Classic
M: USA U-21 Qualifier Portage
W: City of Perth Ladies International
W: GNCC Club Playdowns
: Peace River Cash Spiel
Mountain Time (MT)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Mens olympics

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 5 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-22-18 02:59PM
RockDoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RockDoc Click here to Send RockDoc a Private Message Find more posts by RockDoc Add RockDoc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RockDoc
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by corn broom
I am happy for the Shuster rink, they are playing there best at the right time and that is critical in these long events. This group worked hard to get here and even though the USCA will say they are one of theirs, this is and was a self formed team. First they were rejected and then brought into the fold when US curling wanted to take credit for their accomplishments. I am pretty sure that would leave a chip on your shoulder! Congrats Team Shuster.

If it wasn't for Shuster, the HPP program at the USCA would look at bit dodgy. Unfortunately, Shuster's comeback in the last half of this event might give Derek Brown a veneer of legitimacy he needs to continue into the next cycle.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-22-18 03:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

given that koe put this team together for the olympics im wondering if they'll stay together another 4 years.

02-22-18 05:02PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Most teams in the slam are like Glen Howard - they love the sport .. and why not they excel at it

Kennedy might take some time off. .. or cut back a bit. - they have great sponsors that fly them around. - they go first class - like private plane .

With every team winning a slam every year pretty hard to quit on top .. I think they get some automatic invites to - continental cup etc ..

Same goes for teams
Howard , McEwan , laycock , gushue, menard, Carruthers , cotter, Gunnlaugson, epping and a few more

The smart ones will qualify out of Bermuda , Cancun , France ( the riviera ) , Monte Carlo , Antigua, for 2022

Ml and I have reserved Israel btw. - if trump the rocket scientist arms the teachers we will be packing too ... gotta love that NRA moron - takes guts to make a speech with that many lies....

Last edited by fresca on 02-22-18 at 05:04PM

02-22-18 05:29PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Hate to break it to ya, fresca....but Israel's already got a curling program...heck, they almost got into European A's this year

02-22-18 05:59PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

If disappointment is a prerequisite for championship, I vote team McEwen to take the lead in the next round toward the Oly's in Beijing. They have knocked on every door and know the feeling of loss to the point where they are left with the joy of the game and that critical relaxation.

02-22-18 06:02PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

they are young guys

with ML holding broom and talking to them the first 6 ends , and me curling my 1968 95% at skip - the sound of velcro will be loud after 7 ends

if we happen to lose -- im thinking Tahiti - im a young Marlon Brando look a like , not muchh practise ice but curling is like riding a bike - 95% concentration

02-22-18 09:37PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

For years I've been stating that the best hope for growth in the sport lies directly south of our border. You want a real chance for true professionalism? Then it comes from where the real money lives: the US of A.

And now the best chance of that occurring is the Men's Gold Medal game.

True, Edin is a heavy favorite. But the Yanks have a wonderfully annoying habit of rising to the occassion and flipping the bird at the odds makers.

Yet, while a gold win would be great for the states, just making the final might be all that's needed to push the sport into the limelight in America and launch the future.

Should be interesting to see what kind of noise comes from the US media on this. Meanwhile, if you hope for the future of curling, cheer for Schuster.

02-23-18 12:46AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by EPMD
Koe didn't just miss that draw in the 8th...he missed it by a mile. That looked like one of Homan's Olympic draws. I know the top teams from the rest of the world have caught up to Canada's top teams, but Canada's best skips should still be able to hit the house when needed.

How did you do when you were at the Olympics. Just wondering.

02-23-18 02:23AM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Click here to Send EPMD a Private Message Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
If we need to have qualified for the Olympics in order to post here then I guess this forum will dry up pretty quickly.

02-23-18 03:43AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

We sent Canada’s best teams. They didn’t bring their A game this week. Lots of chances, lots of misses. The wrong way. Oh well, time to start the next 4 year run.

02-23-18 08:27AM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

quote:

And I'm sure you never comment about pro football or any other sport unless you've played it at an elite level. I'm sorry, when you're at the Olympics, you're open to comments (good or bad)... This isn't Thursday night beer league.

Canada got outplayed. It wasn't like Canada (men) just completely fell apart, the other teams just did a bit better (at least it shows percentage-wise)

02-23-18 09:16AM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

Thumbs down Bad 2018 for curling team sports

Koe lost again for the bronze medal. OMG.

02-23-18 09:33AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

So the rest of the world has officially caught up to Canada. Congratulations to the Swiss, Great game,
No more automatic medals gold or otherwise. (guess that could be said about our hockey teams as well). How about a mixed double hockey game?

02-23-18 02:17PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

Canada's dream team became a nightmare today. Sorry for the loss. Congrats to Switzerland. They played really well. Canada just couldn't put it together.

02-23-18 02:43PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Not a nightmare. Too bad both teams weren't at their best but probably more unusual that both won at last Olympics. Sweden has really good elite teams although no where near the depth of Canada.

02-23-18 09:18PM
albetts
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IMWright

And I'm sure you never comment about pro football or any other sport unless you've played it at an elite level. I'm sorry, when you're at the Olympics, you're open to comments (good or bad)... This isn't Thursday night beer league.

Canada got outplayed. It wasn't like Canada (men) just completely fell apart, the other teams just did a bit better (at least it shows percentage-wise)

No, I don't comment on football because I don't watch it. Actually, I don't understand it. Anyway, Canada was certainly outplayed in both semi's. Too bad. I really thought they'd pull it off. U.S. played outstanding and Switzerland hung in there and made some terrific shots. No gold in curling except in mixed doubles and no gold in hockey. Wow. Thanks to the other medal winners they are doing us proud.

02-23-18 09:58PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

quote:

No, I don't comment on football because I don't watch it. Actually, I don't understand it. Anyway, Canada was certainly outplayed in both semi's. Too bad. I really thought they'd pull it off. U.S. played outstanding and Switzerland hung in there and made some terrific shots. No gold in curling except in mixed doubles and no gold in hockey. Wow. Thanks to the other medal winners they are doing us proud.

Both semis???

02-23-18 11:40PM
albetts
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Both semis???

Oh look, someone does read my posts. lol. Sorry, meant their loss to the U.S. then their loss to Switzerland.

02-24-18 01:00AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Both teams played well below their abilities.
Why?
They both had sports psychologists.
I blame them for messing up Koe/Homan and causing them to curl poorly.

02-24-18 03:50AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Edin blinks.

10-5 USA after 8

02-24-18 04:07AM
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Gold for Team USA!

02-24-18 06:48AM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Click here to Send AK267 a Private Message Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by AlanMacNeill
Gold for Team USA!

'MERICA....F-YEAH

02-24-18 10:19AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

OMG Shuster is Gold. One for the northern MidWest - the invisible part of the ol' USA. Congratulations. Love the story of the underdog, come from behind, dark horse. Can smell the global chagrin lurking in this sport. #OhYeah. It is anybody's game. Hope USA let's him carry the torch. Team Shuster won on the mental game (made the shots of course - had to be equal) and there are no percentages shown for that. Team Edin either complacent or worried about shame of loss - both FATAL attitudes. Shuster is quoted to say he was sick of not having fun, lightened up, and bingo.
Just looked at post game percentages. Team Shuster played the HITgame compared to Team Edin. Old fashioned? Kept it clean. Not sucked in to the draw as we'd say in club curling. Played his own game and won it.

Last edited by nelski on 02-24-18 at 10:31AM

02-24-18 10:35AM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Congrats to the USA on gold. Should boost Vegas ticket sales and hopefully really crank up the interest in our sport as Schuster and the boys tour the talk show and media circuit. Could this be the missing piece in making huge strides in participation in the States?

Best thing to happen from Canada being shut out of the medal?

No posts from Manitoba Legend since Thursday.

Thanks to all the teams that beat us for 2 days of silence from old motormouth.

Last edited by jamcan on 02-24-18 at 10:39AM

02-24-18 12:07PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

ML is in st boniface hospital

massive heart attack on wed

good luck ml - speedy recovery

my wife is going to worlds in vegas for ten days - should be a hoot with shuster team there

she will sell her ticket for special superbowl rate - $40,000

Olympics just proposed 6 rock guard rule for Bejing 2024

- makes us all eligible to qualify - thou maybe not jamcan yet

Last edited by fresca on 02-24-18 at 12:09PM