Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 14 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-03-13 01:05PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

Really? Oh, Ok.

Oh, Ok, The NBCA Site fixed it. It said earlier that Adams had stolen 4 in 9 and had won 10-9, Someone put the 4 on the wrong side in the beginning. LOL

It started at 11:00 Atlantic Time.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-03-13 01:07PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Oh! Okay. Was watching CZ which said 2pm start for that game - which would be NOW in NB. Must've been a mistake on CZ. Congrats to Crawford team. would like to see linescores here tho.

02-03-13 01:39PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

NB & NS Live scoring (for most events)

New Brunswick live scoring for their events is here

Nova Scotia live scoring is here

02-03-13 01:57PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Andrea Crawford books her spot to fill out the field. She hasnt lost a match in new brunswick playdowns in like 3 years and this year none of her games were even remotely close

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

02-03-13 03:26PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by murphyj87

Single game percentages may give a small clue to shot selection (on the DGR the teams get, not the media report as per sample). Teams only get a cumulative report after the fifth draw (on Sunday night, and after the last draw of the day each day thereafter) after everyone has played at least 3 games. That's the minimum considered to be statistically significant by the CCA.

I tend to look at shot selection (# of inturns, # of hits, # of outturn draws etc.) as much as, and sometimes more than, just percentages, in setting up a game plan against a team.

The 2-game percentages for the juniors are already online and at the brier teams got a CR after every game.

02-03-13 04:00PM
murphyj87
Swing Artist

I think you're confused as to what you see online

quote:
Originally posted by decade

The 2-game percentages for the juniors are already online and at the brier teams got a CR after every game.

The Statistics Reports you see online are minimal compared to what the teams and coaches get. What you see online is nothing more than the Media Report, which is very sparse in information as to be almost useless for game preparation for a team compared to the detailed reports the teams get and the media (and people online) never see.

You never see DGRs or DCRs online, and I've seen them all.

Unless it's different from the nationals where I was statistics supervisor, teams only get cumulatives (DETAILED Cumulatives that is) after 5 draws. I think you are getting DGRs, Detailed Game Reports or Positional Cumulative Reports confused with Detailed Cumulative Reports. As both a Statistics Supervisor and a coach at nationals we only gave out, and received, Detailed Cumulative Reports after 5 draws, and after the last draw every day thereafter.

The Positional Cumulative Report is really just a media frill. Joyce Myers dreamed it up and I programmed it into the program in 1984, years before the CCA got hold of my program as a template for theirs. The DCRs are the same format as the DGRs were in the old Teledata mainframe days, when all you had onsite was a dumb terminal and a printer, and all the computing was done on a mainframe in Ottawa.

Last edited by murphyj87 on 02-03-13 at 04:14PM

02-03-13 06:22PM
SargentIV is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SargentIV Click here to Send SargentIV a Private Message Find more posts by SargentIV Add SargentIV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SargentIV
Harvey Hacksmasher

As the alternates are being released the one name that doesn't entirely make sense to me is Patti Hersikorn for Team Saskatchewan. Does anyone know her connection to Jill Shumay and her team?

02-03-13 06:34PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: I think you're confused as to what you see online

quote:

The Statistics Reports you see online are minimal compared to what the teams and coaches get. What you see online is nothing more than the Media Report, which is very sparse in information as to be almost useless for game preparation for a team compared to the detailed reports the teams get and the media (and people online) never see.

You never see DGRs or DCRs online, and I've seen them all.

Unless it's different from the nationals where I was statistics supervisor, teams only get cumulatives (DETAILED Cumulatives that is) after 5 draws. I think you are getting DGRs, Detailed Game Reports or Positional Cumulative Reports confused with Detailed Cumulative Reports. As both a Statistics Supervisor and a coach at nationals we only gave out, and received, Detailed Cumulative Reports after 5 draws, and after the last draw every day thereafter.

The Positional Cumulative Report is really just a media frill. Joyce Myers dreamed it up and I programmed it into the program in 1984, years before the CCA got hold of my program as a template for theirs. The DCRs are the same format as the DGRs were in the old Teledata mainframe days, when all you had onsite was a dumb terminal and a printer, and all the computing was done on a mainframe in Ottawa.

I have seen it all too! Don't need a history lesson either.

02-15-13 09:51PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

*bumps*
Can't wait for it to start tomorrow :D
CAN-NB to start it off 2morrow

02-16-13 08:30AM
Unregistered

My predictions of the fature games:

Draw 2 - Nova Scotia v.s Quebec
Draw 3 - Manitoba v.s British Columbia
Draw 4 - Canada v.s Prince Edward Island or Ontario v.s Yukon
Draw 5 - Nova Scotia v.s British Columbia
Draw 6 - Manitoba v.s Nova Scotia
Draw 7 - New Brunswick v.s Ontario
Draw 8 - New Brunswick v.s British Columbia
Draw 9 - British Columbia v.s Canada
Draw 10 - Canada v.s Manitoba
Draw 11 - Nova Scotia v.s NewFoundland
Draw 12 - Manitoba v.s Ontario
Draw 13 - Nova Scotia v.s Prince Edward Island
Draw 14 - Canada v.s Alberta or Ontario v.s Nova Scotia
Draw 15 - New Bruynswick v.s Nova Scotia
Draw 16 - Prince edward Island v.s Ontario
Draw 17 - Ontario v.s Canada

02-16-13 10:20AM
bradn87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bradn87 Click here to Send bradn87 a Private Message Visit bradn87's homepage! Find more posts by bradn87 Add bradn87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bradn87
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I think Crawford (aka Angry Andrea) has the potential to upset Nedohin. But Nedohin is a crafty and tenacious shooter who definitely wants to get off to a fast start.

Possibly. 9 times out of 10, Nedohin would win this match up. The big factor here is rust. Nedohin's been out of competitive play for a few weeks now while the playdowns have been going on. Crawford has the advantage of being the first team to play Nedohin and can maybe capitalize on a slow start from Team Canada.

02-16-13 10:22AM
bradn87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bradn87 Click here to Send bradn87 a Private Message Visit bradn87's homepage! Find more posts by bradn87 Add bradn87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bradn87
Hitting Paint

The other big name in draw one, Rachel Homan, should rip through Devereaux like tin foil (all our draw one commentary) barring some incredibly lucky breaks. A good situation for Homan who can use this early (relatively) simple game to build momentum at the start of the event.

02-16-13 10:41AM
murphyj87
Swing Artist

Re: Re: I think you're confused as to what you see online

quote:
Originally posted by decade

I have seen it all too! Don't need a history lesson either.

If you think that you've detailed game reports online,as you said were online for the junior, you obviously hsven't realized what you are seeing, and what you say suggests you have not "seen it all" at all. As recently as 2005, Brier and STOH teams only got detailed cumulatives after the fifth draw, and after the last draw of the day thereafter, as I said. Perhaps it may have changed since 2006, when the CCA Head Statistician changed.

I doubt that you've seen it all since 1981, as I have, when I wrote what is recognized to be the first curling statistics program on a microcomputer, and used it first, as Head Statistician, at a national in 1984.

Last edited by murphyj87 on 02-16-13 at 10:49AM

02-16-13 11:27AM
Unregistered

Re: Re: Re: I think you're confused as to what you see online

quote:

If you think that you've detailed game reports online,as you said were online for the junior, you obviously hsven't realized what you are seeing, and what you say suggests you have not "seen it all" at all. As recently as 2005, Brier and STOH teams only got detailed cumulatives after the fifth draw, and after the last draw of the day thereafter, as I said. Perhaps it may have changed since 2006, when the CCA Head Statistician changed.

I doubt that you've seen it all since 1981, as I have, when I wrote what is recognized to be the first curling statistics program on a microcomputer, and used it first, as Head Statistician, at a national in 1984.

I think those stats were done by Alan Robinson and Kathy Dillon in Charlottetown in 84.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.142.31.138

02-16-13 01:22PM
Smallsey42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smallsey42 Click here to Send Smallsey42 a Private Message Find more posts by Smallsey42 Add Smallsey42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smallsey42
Harvey Hacksmasher

Pre-spiel predictions

Figure I better get my prediction done before they start Draw 1.

It's going to be really interesting with the four favourites, B.C., Can, Man and Ont, finishing on top of the heap. Although I think Crawford of NB will take the extra step from last year and sneak into a tiebreaker. While Homan, Nedohin and Jones all could win it, I think the reunion of Jeana Schraeder with Kelly Scott and Sasha Carter will push B.C. over the top and give them their 3rd Scotties title.
Here are my predictions.

BC - 9-2
Man - 8-3
Ont - 8-3
Can - 7-4
NB - 7-4
NS - 6-5
NWT/YT - 5-6
Alta - 5-6
PEI - 4-7
Sask - 4-7
NL - 2-9
Que - 1-10

TB - Can def. NB
3-4 - Ont def. Can
1-2 - BC def. Man
SF - Ont def. Man
BZ - Can def. Man
F - BC def. Ont

02-16-13 02:55PM
Unregistered

Will Heather be penalized here? after all she just said **** twice on national tv

02-16-13 03:04PM
Unregistered

Suzanne dropped a 3 on Jenniffer who, herself is curling at just 54% after 3 ends

02-16-13 04:22PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Will Heather be penalized here? after all she just said **** twice on national tv

Why the #$!@ would anybody put a @#$$% mike on #$!% Nedohin during a live @#$%$# TV feed?

02-16-13 04:34PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Hooper

Why the #$!@ would anybody put a @#$$% mike on #$!% Nedohin during a live @#$%$# TV feed?

Right. She used scatology in the arena. If the TV network doesn't want folks back home to hear it turn the mike off.

Athletes swear just like politicians lie.

02-16-13 05:03PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Merry Christmas?!?

Yikes, is it gift exchange day between Canada and New Brunswick? Talk about brutal on the misses made in the 10th end.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

02-16-13 05:11PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

Re: Merry Christmas?!?

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Yikes, is it gift exchange day between Canada and New Brunswick? Talk about brutal on the misses made in the 10th end.

Not, however, by Heather.

02-16-13 05:32PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by greenroad

Right. She used scatology in the arena. If the TV network doesn't want folks back home to hear it turn the mike off.

My comment was more mocking the fact that schille got ejected at all

Great 2 shots by heather to bail her team out in thet final end.

Also..what a missed chance by Birt. She had a double for 3 again in the 5th end that would have given her complete control of the game against Manitoba. Instead she flashes and never really recovered

02-16-13 05:32PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by greenroad

My comment was more mocking the fact that schille got ejected at all

Great 2 shots by heather to bail her team out in thet final end.

Also..what a missed chance by Birt. She had a double for 3 again in the 5th end that would have given her complete control of the game against Manitoba. Instead she flashes and never really recovered

02-16-13 06:47PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Becky Atkinson basically cost the team the win, so many weird mistakes.

Tonight, Colleen Jones competes in her 21st Scotties = unreal
I'm glad TSN decided to show the bluenosers

02-16-13 06:52PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
Becky Atkinson basically cost the team the win, so many weird mistakes.

Tonight, Colleen Jones competes in her 21st Scotties = unreal
I'm glad TSN decided to show the bluenosers

yeah, she struggled. Becky is alot better than what she showed tonight though and you could tell that she was feeling bad about her performance anyway.