Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 5 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-07-18 09:06AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by EPMD
Too many predictable outcomes. The field is not balanced enough, and the games have produced very little drama because of it. It's just a boring tournament right now, which is too bad. The playoffs should be good, though.

well.. we did get quebec beating saskatchewan and nova scotia beating alberta. both of those are considered upsets.

and we had a few close ones. prince edward island nearly beat saskatchewan, british columbia nearly beat alberta and nova scotia nearly beat wild card.

but yeah, for the most part it's gone as expected unfortunately

as for the playoffs. well..you'd hope there'd be more excitement and drama. unfortunately it's probably still going to come down to canada, wild card, northern ontario and manitoba. though i hope that we get some different faces at the end. ontario and saskatchewan are probably the teams with the best chances to upset that predicted final 4

Last edited by misty1 on 03-07-18 at 09:21AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-07-18 01:24PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Pretty much form chart curling - but the team you wrote off so eloquently early, Bottcher is really starting to power up.

Giving Goo a real run for his money this a.m. as both teams seem to be fine with 75% curling.

Bottcher could disrupt Jacobs, Reid & Magic Mike's plans for silver.

never at any time did i write alberta off.

unlike you, who's written the entire field off and just proclaimed gushue champion

03-07-18 01:37PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

So games in last RR draw that that matter - Epping versus Laycock. Laycock avoids TB with a win. Murphy vs Geall. Murphy advances. No?

03-07-18 02:55PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
So games in last RR draw that that matter - Epping versus Laycock. Laycock avoids TB with a win. Murphy vs Geall. Murphy advances. No?

Laycock advances no matter. If Murphy wins he is in but if he loses there could be 3 teams with 3-4 record

03-07-18 04:47PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i'm never able to get through an entire laycock match and now it's no different today

03-08-18 10:13AM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Hitting Paint

One benefit of new format

For all the bad things about the new Brier format it seems to do one thing right. At this point of the week there are very few nothing games. All the leading teams play each other. Makes for a fine end to the round robin with someone like Bottcher leading but still having to play Laycock, Carruthers, Epping and Jacobs. Everyone else with a similar run in.

03-08-18 12:37PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

There are still meaningless games that will be in the top eight.

03-08-18 05:46PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

I quite like Cathy and Bryan. While Russ is good, when one listens to them 10-12 games in a few days, it can get old. And Cheryl, they should not have taken her away from her business.

03-08-18 06:36PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Team McEwen actually rebounding from losses; getting off the floor - has supreme control of Long John Epping after 8 ends . . . .

While Gushue returns to form and squashes Team Manitoba in 8 ends - Gushue outcurls Reid by over 20 pts - knew Goo would be in the mid 90s - didn't think Reid would fall to full crap mode, which he did in the low 70s.

Uh yea, until Mike went deep on his draw, and let Ontario steal the win. Your earlier assessment was more accurate.

03-08-18 06:42PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Wow, when a skip can't draw the 10 foot for a win, I won't expect to see him at the end of the week.

03-08-18 08:05PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Biggest story developing in Brier City (Regina) is Roof-Raiser Matty Dunstone - fighting hard for his adopted province and raising the roof after a sluggish start to the event.

Win out and he'll make the playoffs. Could be the biggest threat to Goo & Team Tough Guys.....

Hopes and dreams of a million people (Saskatchewan) now reside with The Young Manitoba Gunslinger. Sask'n hasn't had a real threat for years. Last real homegrown winner were The Richardsons when dinosaurs and dodos still roamed the earth.
OK, I forgot about Folk - they were homegrown, too!
Randy Woytowich, a guy I whupped badly several times in Winnipeg also repped Sask'n but couldn't pound out a medal.
Matt Dunstone is clearly the biggest story now - Gushue a fairly distant 2nd. No other stories after that - unless you want to count Reid & Magic Mike taking turns at the pratfall concession!

i'm sorry but this is ridiculous. laycock has to run the table to make the playoffs. that's not likely to happen. but..then again you are one who loves to jump on those bandwagons so i guess im not surprised your now all excited about dunstone and hyping him to no tomorrow. biggest threat to gushue ..please

but what does epping need to do to get some credit from you. the guy gave jacobs all he could handle and defeated laycock(which your new favorite dunstone plays for), carruthers and mcewen(granted he got a little lucky on that one). he's got murphy, bottcher and gushue left.he really is only the underdog in one of those. i like his chances of finishing 9-2 or 8-3 at worst. he should be there at the end barring some sort of collapse where he loses his last 3.

he's more of a contender than laycock or bottcher.

03-08-18 08:42PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

This McEwen performance vs. Jacobs is tough to watch. I hope TSN gives up on it soon, with it being 7-0 after just two ends.

Really pulling for ON or AB, but I realize the winner is extremely likely to come from Jacobs/Gushue. Like a couple of posters above, I just don't see SK being good enough.

03-08-18 08:55PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by EPMD
This McEwen performance vs. Jacobs is tough to watch. I hope TSN gives up on it soon, with it being 7-0 after just two ends.

Really pulling for ON or AB, but I realize the winner is extremely likely to come from Jacobs/Gushue. Like a couple of posters above, I just don't see SK being good enough.

it's a scheduling issue. they finished that match past 5:00 and had less than 2 hours to move on from what should have been a win. a let down was expected, especially given the lack of time to digest it.

if they were gonna do only 2 draws today i don't see why they couldn't have spread them farther apart

03-08-18 09:36PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Mike looks exhausted. No time between an loss that he should have won. No communication on the team.

I think you will see - McEwen skipping next year, with Carruthers at third.

03-08-18 10:13PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

I think Reid will be with McEwen....

or McEwen will be playing with Reid.

kind of heard something about this......

Last edited by CURLER1 on 03-08-18 at 10:16PM

03-09-18 12:01AM
sooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sooner Find more posts by sooner Add sooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sooner
Hitting Paint

Sask needs a third that laycock choked big time lol.

03-09-18 09:01AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

i want to apologize for dissing team Epping earlier in the Brier. He has indeed proved me wrong. Even if he doesn't win the event, he showed that he does belong here. Well done.

03-09-18 10:21AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

There has been quite a bit of criticism of Team McEwan. Mike is recovering from chicken pox. As a child this is not a big deal, but if you get it as an adult it is. Then there is only 2 hours between games yesterday. What was CC thinking? That isn't enough and there was time to delay the second game by an hour.

Not excusing Team McEwan for their poor play but just reminding of what could have factored into it.

Epping? He must have a horseshoe tucked away somewhere. But Team NS, needs to learn how to close - nearly lost to BC and lost a good game to ON>

03-09-18 10:56AM
Labrador is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Labrador Find more posts by Labrador Add Labrador to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Labrador
Knee-Slider

FYI Wozniak did not give up on the team. He was pissed that the rock pic’d for the steal.

03-09-18 12:13PM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

I'm not saying they're bad. Actually, they were quite refreshing today. . . . . Cathy is far more assertive than Cheryl - who always seems to wait for her cues from Russ. Obviously Bryan isn't at the level of Vic Rauter as a professional broadcaster (Vic is older than water, Bryan is fairly green) but he does a good workmanlike job in the 2 man crew situation . . . .

They might want to elevate Cathy Go to their #1 crew next season - she's clearly superior to Cheryl but Cheryl has more of a national profile. Next year they'll have a few retired girls to chose from - ie. Sherri Middaugh, Sherri Singler, Jill Officer, etc.

Cathy and Bryan are brutal. Cathy has verbal diarrhea. Both constantly talk over the players discussions. They might as well not mike the players in the morning.
Her analysis states the obvious or is totally wrong. Several times this week she mentioned a double attempt that would leave the thrown rock buried. Given the angle of the target rocks, there was no what the thrown rock would end up buried, which is what happened every time.
Give me Cheryl and Russ any day. They discuss alternatives to shots and the results each would produce.

03-09-18 12:25PM
irvinm1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irvinm1 Find more posts by irvinm1 Add irvinm1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irvinm1
Harvey Hacksmasher

What is this "placement draw" of the lower ranked teams currently on Friday morning? Not seeing anything on the Brier website about it.

03-09-18 01:33PM
drawthepin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drawthepin Click here to Send drawthepin a Private Message Find more posts by drawthepin Add drawthepin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drawthepin
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by irvinm1
What is this "placement draw" of the lower ranked teams currently on Friday morning? Not seeing anything on the Brier website about it.
Finalizes who finished 9-16. For $$$ payouts and points towards the various cups that are handed out to the MA's in the off-season.

03-09-18 01:56PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

Anybody see Gushue yelling at Gallant that he had to hit the other rock first (when he tried to double off the Sask guards last night.) I get it Brad, Gallant hit the wrong rock first and you had to throw him under the bus on national tv because perish the thought you might have called the wrong strategy. I really don't see how Gushue has a much better reputation as a "nice guy" than others. He is smug and self-serving.

03-09-18 03:41PM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Three
Anybody see Gushue yelling at Gallant that he had to hit the other rock first (when he tried to double off the Sask guards last night.) I get it Brad, Gallant hit the wrong rock first and you had to throw him under the bus on national tv because perish the thought you might have called the wrong strategy. I really don't see how Gushue has a much better reputation as a "nice guy" than others. He is smug and self-serving.

One of the best posts I've seen in a long time. It's not the first time he's called out a teammate on the ice. I guess he forgot who single handedly brushed his last shot to a Brier win last year.

03-09-18 03:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

the thing about brad is he's very passionate. i know a lot of guys are but brad is just really competitive. i've met him in person and he's such a nice guy. he's just one of those people who, when they get out there it's all the competition. when he gets frustrated it shows. the guys in front of him know that. if he was as bad as some people think there's no way anyone would put up with him for a significant period of time.

brad wants this badly. last night was just a bad reaction to a mistake.