Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-02-17 04:32PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Club Nationals

Club Nationals start in Fairbanks Sunday, and although the destination lowered participation the men's fields is very strong.

Seeding:

Persinger AK
Willmert MN
Wright IL
Smith ND
Schatzman WA
Parks WI
Knott TX
Guzman MA
Schaak OR
Cohen OH

I can't argue too much with that list, maybe Guzman from the tough GNCC is 3 or 4 spots low. Washington may be low as well, never saw the playdown field. I don't know much about Cohen or Schaak, Knott rings a bell and has Nick Meyers at vice.

Wright vs. Persinger in the finals.

Willmert and Parks in the bronze game.

Parks is from Eau Claire, won the state on home ice, but he must be good, he is the only team listed by name, not region.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-02-17 05:17PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

biterbar, is that actually the order of seed or just a list of teams? In other words, is Persinger the #1 seed and Willmert the #2?

03-02-17 05:20PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Seeding.

I really wanted to get "snarky" there, but I fought it off.

Last edited by biterbar on 03-02-17 at 05:23PM

03-02-17 05:53PM
irvinm1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irvinm1 Find more posts by irvinm1 Add irvinm1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irvinm1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Parks was tough at State! He has a solid team.

03-02-17 07:15PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

I agree with irv, the Parks team can make all the shots.

Stu Cohen should not be taken lightly either, he can curl. I remember another low ranked GLCA that took home silver a couple years ago.

03-02-17 09:20PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar
Seeding.

I really wanted to get "snarky" there, but I fought it off.

Go screw. When most people lists seeds, they actually put numbers next to names, not just type names out.

03-02-17 11:31PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlky

Go screw. When most people lists seeds, they actually put numbers next to names, not just type names out.

Don't be a jackass, didn't you see he put "seeding" at the top? Most people are smart enough to figure it out.

03-03-17 12:01AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Just listing the Men's? I'll be more interested when we talk about the Women's Club Championship. My North Dakota gals are looking golden.

Ben Tucker

03-03-17 07:44AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Guzman is certainly rated lower than they should be, he medaled at this event when he lived in WA. Moved to the East (because that is where all the best curlers want to be). Team was very good at the playdowns.

On the women's side, the winning team from the GNCC steamrolled the field. Never played ten ends and I think they scored in double digits in every game.

JH
will be coaching again next year

03-03-17 10:15AM
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Just listing the Men's? I'll be more interested when we talk about the Women's Club Championship. My North Dakota gals are looking golden.

Ben Tucker

SEEDING (no numbers, but it is in the order of the seeds. The first listed is the number one seed, second is the second seed and so on until the last name listed which is the 10th seed.)

Simko AK
Podoll ND
Kraus MN1
Naso AZ
Deuhs MN2
Furman NJ
Longnecker MA
Walsh CA
Andrews CO
Garrity MI

I gotta tell you Tuck, I recognize about three or four names here and that's it. I do like the North Dakota pick, since Podoll, Delaney and Workin are three I recognize and are on that team.

Current temp in Fairbanks is -26.

Last edited by biterbar on 03-03-17 at 03:57PM

03-03-17 12:27PM
IceMelter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IceMelter Click here to Send IceMelter a Private Message Find more posts by IceMelter Add IceMelter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IceMelter
Harvey Hacksmasher

Never heard of Schatzman, but what a name....

Persinger, Schatzman, Parks, and Smith in the semi's. I'll take Persinger over Smith in the finals.

03-03-17 03:43PM
VAcurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VAcurler Click here to Send VAcurler a Private Message Find more posts by VAcurler Add VAcurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VAcurler
Hitting Paint

Nine womens teams? Did no one want the 10th spot?

03-03-17 03:58PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by VAcurler
Nine womens teams? Did no one want the 10th spot?

Fixed it, missing MN2, Deuhs.

03-03-17 05:10PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I'm pretty sure this is looking like a North Dakota sweep. Anyone willing to wager cocktails on the Distaff Half, I'm open for business.

The official picks:

Men's: North Dakota
Women's: North Dakota

Ben Tucker (from North Dakota)

03-06-17 01:56AM
birvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for birvin Click here to Send birvin a Private Message Visit birvin's homepage! Find more posts by birvin Add birvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
birvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

No web stream and no Draw 4 men's results on CZ. Are the Alaskans trying to keep the whole thing a secret?

03-06-17 07:35AM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by birvin
No web stream and no Draw 4 men's results on CZ. Are the Alaskans trying to keep the whole thing a secret?

The USCA site has the Women's current standings and scores, but the Men's has "Fatal Error".

03-06-17 11:32AM
ptg13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ptg13 Click here to Send ptg13 a Private Message Visit ptg13's homepage! Find more posts by ptg13 Add ptg13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ptg13
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ

The USCA site has the Women's current standings and scores, but the Men's has "Fatal Error".

"Fatal Error" seems to sum up the USCA quite nicely.

03-06-17 11:44AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Not sure why the CZ scoreboard shows teams by name of skip rather than by state or region. Teams qualify for Club Nationals by winning state/region title. I am guessing most curlers look at the scoreboard and have no idea where the skips are from. Since this event is kind of a carry-over from the old Nationals format, wouldn't it make more sense to use state/region on the scoreboard rather than skips names?

Maybe the skips and their families like seeing their names on CZ but that info is not very helpful for most fans.

03-06-17 11:59AM
biterbar
Drawmaster

I think CZ is following the USCA site which is using the names. I don't believe it has been like that in the past. I find myself having to go to the standings to see who is who, especially in the Women's.

I do see that Wisconsin is 2-0 beating the Shatzman and Team Tuck from ND.

I wonder if it is true Tucker Smith was named after the old Beat Farmer?

03-06-17 02:55PM
irvinm1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irvinm1 Find more posts by irvinm1 Add irvinm1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irvinm1
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'm sure they'll be posted eventually, but would be nice to see a few more pics of the games and teams. Want to check out everyone's snazzy jackets!

03-06-17 05:10PM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by irvinm1
I'm sure they'll be posted eventually, but would be nice to see a few more pics of the games and teams. Want to check out everyone's snazzy jackets!

IrvinM and "snazzy"? You don't see that in the same post very often.

I can send you a shot of team Park's coat if your fashion sense is dying to see them.

Keep up the good work Team Wisconsin!

03-07-17 11:49AM
irvinm1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Hey just because I usually look like a homeless lumberjack doesn't mean I don't appreciate a snazzy jacket. Yes please send a pic!

03-08-17 08:59AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Team Furman (GNCC) tied at the top. Yep, that would be Easties once again showing that Easties RULE!

JH
ND who?

03-08-17 04:06PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Um...Eastie team tied for first place...WITH NORTH DAKOTA!

As an aside; most of the ND curlers attended NDSU. Go Bison!

Looking at the leaderboard for both genders, I can't help but notice that North Dakota rules.

Ben Tucker (from North Dakota)

03-08-17 08:21PM
ptg13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ptg13 Click here to Send ptg13 a Private Message Visit ptg13's homepage! Find more posts by ptg13 Add ptg13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ptg13
Harvey Hacksmasher

Which state is dominating the standings? #AKrepresent