Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-08-15 11:36AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Wisconsin Club Championships

Wisconsin Clubs are also scheduled for this week. Does anyone have a list of teams? It is in Portage again this year.

Hopefully we have a Women's team signed up this year to represent us in Bismarck.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-08-15 04:28PM
IceMelter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IceMelter Click here to Send IceMelter a Private Message Find more posts by IceMelter Add IceMelter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IceMelter
Harvey Hacksmasher

MENS

1. Spielman, Ryan Blackhawk
Jason Pickett
Calvin Merath
Tony Jacobson

2. Kopp, Brian Madison
Mike Fraboni
Jake Will
Mikey Juszczyk

3. JOURNEAUX, Ian Poynette
Mark Hartman
David Carlson
Mike Bennett

4. OLSON, Mark Blackhawk
Paul Rudkin
Jeremy Stubbe
John Nelson

5. DEEREN, Kraig Madison CC
Kevin Schleicher
Derek Richardson
Matt Endres

6. KOCH, Jeff Poynette
Stewart_Wild_
Mark Kretzmann
Travis Cox

7. MOSSBERGER, Irvin Superior, WI
Brian Bergquist
Chris Bode
Michael O'Brien

8. FUNK, Timothy Madison
Mark Swandby
William Buckingham
Mark Tyler

9. WIZA, Dan Madison CC
Paul Ryan
Daniel Schally
Owen Daniels

10. HORAK, Christopher Wausau
Tim Cucchiarelli
Todd Goetsch
Perry Grueber

11. CONLEY, Chris Racine, Wisconsin
Stephen Baylon
John Terhesh
Justin Kupper

12. MICHAELIS, Theran Madison CC
Barrett Casto
Steven Trac
sheldon Bender

WOMENS
1. SCHMUS
2. KARST
3. RUDKIN

12-08-15 04:33PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Thanks, we will get a good rep out of that group.

Nice to see the women up to three!!

12-08-15 04:38PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

I have to root for former Eastie Conley. We all know that Easties rule when they move to the Midwest.

JH
Eastie thru and thru

12-08-15 04:54PM
IceMelter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IceMelter Click here to Send IceMelter a Private Message Find more posts by IceMelter Add IceMelter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IceMelter
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'd like to see some odds here before placing bets, but for the women I'm going to put my tokens on Karst. Solid team top to bottom, going to be hard to beat.

12-08-15 05:35PM
biterbar
Drawmaster

Conley's a "Coastie"? News to me.

Kopp will be tough if Fraboni still has it. I wonder if Mike will be sweeping? Tough Team. 5-1

Spielman is defending and I see he won the Fabulous Fireball 500 in St. Paul with his wife in tow. 6-1

Journeaux with a different line up again. Hartman at vice and Carlson back in the fold. 8-1

Olson has got Jeremy Stubbe at deuce, how did that happen? 8-1

Funk and Swandby will also be tough, was this Matzke's team last year? Where is Matzke? 9-1

Deeren, Mossberg, Koch 12-1. Any given Sunday.

The field 40-1

12-08-15 08:22PM
hit-n-roll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit-n-roll Click here to Send hit-n-roll a Private Message Visit hit-n-roll's homepage! Find more posts by hit-n-roll Add hit-n-roll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit-n-roll
Harvey Hacksmasher

Deeren has a good team.

12-08-15 10:26PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Thanks to Biterbar for setting a line. His odds are too generous by about 1/2, but that's due to his generous nature.

And a good betting line it is...if this was 2005...but it's not...it's 2015.

Hit and Roll know very little about curling and even less about Wisconsin curling and absolutely nothing about Clubs (didn't he piss away Nationals in Superior circa 2006 to Runing and have to settle for National silver? My memory isn't very good anymore) But he lucked out and FINALLY guessed right for once.

Deeren wins this. I'd bet a drink on that with those odds. Heck, I'd bet two drinks.

I'll be cheering for Gizzard.

Ben Tucker (just needed to needle Hitandroll)

12-08-15 10:58PM
Curlrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlrock Click here to Send Curlrock a Private Message Find more posts by Curlrock Add Curlrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlrock
Harvey Hacksmasher

I will be playing this week, so I won't post any predictions. I will say at the Madison men's bonspiel this past weekend, the Deeren rink outscored their opponents about 50-5 over their four games. It could have been worse but most teams shook early on them. I don't remember all of their opponents, but there were some pretty solid teams at that spiel.

12-09-15 01:10AM
hit-n-roll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit-n-roll Click here to Send hit-n-roll a Private Message Visit hit-n-roll's homepage! Find more posts by hit-n-roll Add hit-n-roll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit-n-roll
Harvey Hacksmasher

Back at ya, Tuck! I'm with you. Best of luck to Gizzard.

P.S. Your memory is pretty damn good!

12-09-15 08:57AM
biterbar
Drawmaster

I have to admit that I don't have any knowledge of the Deeren team besides knowing the skip and/or his family. I also admit my math skills and knowledge of pari-mutuel betting is weak at best. Tuck, take the odds and run with it!

Also, I was informed/reminded that Mossberg was second last year and should be higher. The key take away here is bettor beware.

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire" - Winston Churchill

12-09-15 09:15AM
down2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for down2 Find more posts by down2 Add down2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
down2
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wisconsin clubs

Thanks to ice melter for posting teams. Wow! 12 teams , great turnout for wisconsin , might be the most teams they've ever had for play downs.

Winner of this should be ranked in top three ( medal) of nationals considering the commendable showing of Wisconsin's teams over the past couple of years.

I can't, with any accuracy, place the entire field due to the fact there are a number of names I don't recognize. However, assuming that I don't recognize them means that they are sleepers at best, I can only rank the usual suspects. I'm also guessing since there are twelve teams that they'll be pooling the teams which could work against a strong team that lays an egg early in the round robin.

Anyhow, the top four teams in no particular order on my sheet would be.....
Kopp
Mossberger
Deeren
journauex
Just missing out , but could place in top four with a break or two
Spielman
Olson
Koch

Finals Deeren vs. Kopp, Both former national club champions!

Deeren goes to North Dakota in March

12-09-15 11:50AM
down2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for down2 Find more posts by down2 Add down2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
down2
Harvey Hacksmasher

FYI

One of my curling "chums" just texted me and asked why I always pick the Madison teams over other clubs?

Hey chum, and I mean that in the true sense of the word........ Deeren & his teammates are from Arlington,I see they are registered as Madison but they are truly from Arlington just curling out of Madison.

So I didn't pick a Madison team LOL

12-09-15 11:19PM
Burned_Broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Burned_Broom Click here to Send Burned_Broom a Private Message Find more posts by Burned_Broom Add Burned_Broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Burned_Broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'll take Kopp to win it, Deeren lost to Michaelis in league play a little while ago.

Wiza is a dark horse in this field. He just got back from mixed doubles nationals and has a very strong front end.

12-14-15 09:59AM
biterbar
Drawmaster

Anyone know who won the last game Sunday? The final was Mossberger and Spielman after they beat Funk and Koch in the semifinals. These teams were 1 and 2 last year as well.

While the Wisconsin website is new and improved the timeliness of communication is still lacking.

Congratulations to the Sydney Schmus rink for going undefeated and winning the women's side.

12-14-15 10:13AM
hit-n-roll
Harvey Hacksmasher

Mossberger beat Spielman 6-3. I watched the game and tweeted an end by end recap @roejj if you want to see how the game went.

P.S. I taught Irv everything he knows.

12-14-16 03:28PM
irvinm1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irvinm1 Find more posts by irvinm1 Add irvinm1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irvinm1
Harvey Hacksmasher

The 2017 Wisconsin State Club Championship starts tomorrow, Thursday December 15, 2016 in Eau Claire. Here are the rosters and seedings. No women's teams signed up unfortunately:

1) TEAM MOSSBERGER (Mossberger, Bergquist, Bode, O'Brien)-Superior
2) TEAM SPIELMAN (Spielman, Pickett, Merath, Jacobson)- Blackhawk
3) TEAM FUNK (Funk, Swandby, Buckingham, Tyler)- Madison
4) TEAM KIND (Kind, Drost, Gruetzmacher, Jensen)-Rice Lake
5) TEAM BRADSHAW (Bradshaw, Malpass, Bradshaw, Bradshaw)-Superior
6) TEAM NEIDHART (Neidhart, Ryan, Ebert, Maring)-Madison
7) TEAM WIZA (Wiza, Carlson, Gilbertson, Rottscheit)-Madision
8) TEAM PARKS (Parks, Lorentz, Verdon, Heacox)-Eau Claire

The first draw is Thursday at 2pm:

SPIELMAN v WIZA
KIND v BRADSHAW
PARKS v MOSSBERGER
NEIDHART v FUNK

Last edited by irvinm1 on 12-14-16 at 03:31PM

12-14-16 08:24PM
birvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for birvin Click here to Send birvin a Private Message Visit birvin's homepage! Find more posts by birvin Add birvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
birvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

Club Nationals Registration by Region

unofficial registration numbers for 2017 club nationals

Dakotas: 4 men, 1 women
Great Lakes: 3 men, 2 women
Grand National: 11 men, 4 women
Illinois: 3 men, 0 women
Mid America: 3 men, 1 women
Minnesota: 0 men, 2 women
Mountain Pacific: 10 men, 5 women
Washington: 2 men, 0 women
Wisconsin: 8 men, 0 women

TOTAL: 38 men, 15 women

12-14-16 08:38PM
irvinm1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irvinm1 Find more posts by irvinm1 Add irvinm1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irvinm1
Harvey Hacksmasher

zero men from Minnesota, wow!

12-15-16 10:43AM
VAcurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VAcurler Click here to Send VAcurler a Private Message Find more posts by VAcurler Add VAcurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VAcurler
Hitting Paint

Three regions without a women's team? That is not a good sign

12-15-16 08:09PM
courtneyshaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for courtneyshaw Click here to Send courtneyshaw a Private Message Find more posts by courtneyshaw Add courtneyshaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
courtneyshaw
Harvey Hacksmasher

I can only speak for me and other members of my team... But we weren't interested in going again because of the location. Bismarck was rough enough. Fairbanks is like 10 extra hours of travel time each way.

12-15-16 09:40PM
averagecurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for averagecurler Click here to Send averagecurler a Private Message Find more posts by averagecurler Add averagecurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
averagecurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Any scores or standings yet? They don't seem to be posted anywhere.

12-15-16 11:30PM
irvinm1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Here's the 1st draw results without scores:
2:00PM, Thursday:
Wiza defeated Spielman; Bradshaw defeated Kind; Parks defeated Mossberger; Neidhart defeated Funk

12-15-16 11:36PM
irvinm1
Harvey Hacksmasher

7:00PM, Thursday:
Neidhart (1-1) lost to Mossberger (1-1) Parks (2-0)def.Funk (0-2);Kind (0-2) lost to Wiza (2-0); Spielman (1-1)def. Bradshaw (1-1)

12-16-16 02:16PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Kind over Parks
Spielman over Neidhardt
Bradshaw over Funk
Mossberger over Wiza

Mossberger 2-1
Spielman 2-1
Bradshaw 2-1
Wiza. 2-1
Parks. 2-1
Kind 1-2