Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-18-17 02:12PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

2017 Mixed

Williston is in North Dakota; but about as far away from me as you can get in North Dakota.

The Pick: Alaska: Brady Clark had many years when he'd impress us with a good Men's Nationals and a good Mixed Nationals. Now his third, Greg Persinger, looks to top his skipper by going Men's Bronze, Club Gold and Mixed Gold. Brady who? Greg has WalkerOne at third, so horsepower isn't a problem.

Top Contender: Youngsters Hunter Clawson, Sarah Anderson, Caleb Clawson and Lexi Lanigan rep Minnesota (at least Lexi is actually from Minnesota). Mixed is usually a game for seasoned skips, but this young skip is piloting a battleship.

Wildcard: Wisconsin. Day could win it...could end up below .500...totally unpredictable. If you want a longshot, this one might come through for you.

Illinois: I've predicted good results for this team in a few of these Mixed National and they've come through for me, but I'm moving on. A medal would not surprise me. Gold, however, would surprise me.

North Dakota: GO NORTH DAKOTA! Host state sends a BIsmarck team with particular strength on the female half of the team. Dakota Curling Association president, Dan Buresh, did a week for Seniors and a week for Clubs and now a week for Mixed. Methinks perhaps nobody is watching the Dakota Curling Association...nor Dan's day-job...assuming Dan has a day-job.

GNCC: I'm cheering hard AGAINST Massachusetts. Not only because my nemesis, JHcurl, will be cheering hard for them; but also because Melville wiped out TWO really interesting Mixed teams in the GNCC final and semifinal. We could be watching a team skipped by Caitlyn "St. Cait" Moroldo or one skipped by Emily Anderson. Is Bob Melville that much less interesting than St. Cait or the sister of the Tiny Terrorist Anderson twins? Why, yes. Yes he is. Is it fair for me to hold that against the team? Yes. Yes it is. Emily vs Clawson??? I'd pay to watch that.

Team No Respect: Washington. Maxie has a good team and they won this and did OK at Worlds and Mac Guy is a North Dakota boy coming home. All good reasons to pick them, but I'm not picking them. Washington winning Mixed? It has been known to happen with regularity.

Female skip: GNCC's Melville tried to ruin it, but Michigan is sending Sydney. I don't think she's ever faced opposition skips of this caliber. I'm interested in seeing the third, Aaron Carlson, throw them.

Colorado: Kizlyk has a pure shooter in Meechai at third. Pretty good team. Could upset the applecart. A decent longshot pick, but I prefer Wisconsin in that role.

California sends a couple of Mendozas but the story is Gamboa at lead. If you're looking to start a fanclub in this field, you should go with Hunter Clawson, Sarah Anderson (I'll join), Greg Persinger or Jenn Gamboa.

Good luck to all; especially Persinger (because they're my pick) and North Dakota (because they're my homies). Make your picks, curling fans.

Ben Tucker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-18-17 05:34PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Well, I see ND going 0-fer in this event. Robbie is the three time champ from the GNCC. He also got through the playdowns without throwing rocks for most of the season. He was traveling the world on some kind of work remote thing. One month in cities all over the world. I think he got some practice time in Prague.

Of course they will medal. He beat one Anderson so he can do it again.

ND should be happy to be hosting this event, at least there will some good curlers there for a week.

JH
Easties RULE

PS do you see how many Easties are in this thing. Four teams with Easties because they know that is the only way to win.

03-19-17 09:45PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Judging from how the Czech women are doing at Worlds, Prague is a good place to throw practice rocks.

HA! It only took one game for my NoDaks to bust JHcurl's bold prediction. HA! Go North Dakota!

My top picks, Persinger and Clawson, both start out with undefeated runs to be on top of the leaderboard. I'd pat myself on the back but it's early yet. It is also very bold picking. Not bold at all.

I'm very surprised that Easties have yet to fill this thread with predictions of a Clawson rout. So he's curling with an ugly Minnesota gopher on his arm. Big deal. Is he not still one of yours?

Ben Tucker

03-19-17 10:17PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Persinger with an Eastie and Clawson who are all Easties. Yep, good thing you picked all Easties. Smart dude that Tuck.

JH
Tuck and I could do this in email but this is more fun.

03-22-17 01:17PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

So Wisconsin beats both Persinger and Clawson; yet loses to Colorado and GNCC??? I think I read a wise curling prognosticator describe them as a "wildcard". Got this one right.

Ben Tucker (seriously, does Dan Buresh have a real job or is he now a professional curler? OK, maybe not "seriously")

03-23-17 09:02AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
So Wisconsin beats both Persinger and Clawson; yet loses to Colorado and GNCC??? I think I read a wise curling prognosticator describe them as a "wildcard". Got this one right.

Ben Tucker (seriously, does Dan Buresh have a real job or is he now a professional curler? OK, maybe not "seriously")

Wisconsin's first loss to GNCC was the opening game by one, not that surprising.

The loss to Colorado after being up 8-4 was.

Looks like they have settled in now, the lead and third still haven't lost the shine off of last years Gold at Club Nationals and the guys are really good curlers. Good luck to them in the playoffs!

03-25-17 10:17AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Finals today and I have the exacta right. Now I just need Alaska to win so Persinger can go back to his Men's skip and say, "Yep, Men's and Mixes...AND Clubs." Brady who?

My daughter is out in Washington DC. She's going down to the Potomac Club to watch a little of the Cherry Blossom. I have spies everywhere.

Ben Tucker

03-25-17 10:38AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Of course you have the exacta, you bet on Easties. I think the team of 3 Easties wins this over the team with just one Eastie.

JH

03-25-17 05:32PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Good young Minnesota midwestern kids win it. Oh well. Persinger goes Gold, Silver and Bronze for Clubs, Mixed and Men's. Not quite enough to make Brady Clark blush, but still awfully good.

Team Wildcard gets bronze over the defending champs. Good field.

Ben Tucker

03-26-17 01:05AM
bucksdave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bucksdave Click here to Send bucksdave a Private Message Visit bucksdave's homepage! Find more posts by bucksdave Add bucksdave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

With Jeff here..... Easties rock... and BTW.... 3 of 4 on the team have spent some good time in our friendly confines.... AHEM warmroom donations please!!!

curlbucks.org

03-26-17 10:25AM
BDure is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BDure Click here to Send BDure a Private Message Visit BDure's homepage! Find more posts by BDure Add BDure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BDure
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Finals today and I have the exacta right. Now I just need Alaska to win so Persinger can go back to his Men's skip and say, "Yep, Men's and Mixes...AND Clubs." Brady who?

My daughter is out in Washington DC. She's going down to the Potomac Club to watch a little of the Cherry Blossom. I have spies everywhere.

Ben Tucker

I'm surprised Potomac's ice is still intact after my last curling efforts.

03-26-17 12:45PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by BDure

I'm surprised Potomac's ice is still intact after my last curling efforts.

Well, we did have to work on it a bit....