Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-05-17 03:32PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Because CurlON signed a deal with an online streaming service where you pay to watch online

And that is a 10yr contract. Who signs a 10yr evem before the first seadon is tested out. There were less than than 400 online for the womans final. Way to
Go curl ont and Steve Chenier

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-05-17 03:47PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

I think if price the same next year, more people will sign up. Quality was good - you can plug into your tv, watch online. Better than nothing.

02-05-17 05:48PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
And that is a 10 year contract. Who signs a 10 year event before the first season is tested out. There were less than than 400 online for the womans final. Way to go CurlOnt and Steve Chenier

I believe the live stream indicated there were 900+ online for the women's final. The men's final is nearly 900. I'm sure a Sportsnet national broadcast would attract more viewers.

It looks like Rogers bailed on provincial curling coverage during the summer,"The Ontario Curling Association reports that sports specialty service Rogers Sportsnet has informed the Association it will invoke a termination clause in their broadcast media contract, effective June 30, 2016."

Link to article

Last edited by Guest on 02-05-17 at 06:01PM

02-05-17 06:32PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

This provincial final has been really hard to watch with all of these picks, about 20 to my count. Tuck's team had like 3-4 picks in the 9th end alone.
Pray for better ice conditions at Nationals.

02-05-17 06:53PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Congrats to Team Howard. An amazing week for them. Even Glenn admitted in the post game interview that the ice picks took some lustre off the win. Class act to admit that Wayne deserved a better fate.

02-05-17 07:52PM
Domino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Domino Click here to Send Domino a Private Message Find more posts by Domino Add Domino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Domino
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by decade

And that is a 10yr contract. Who signs a 10yr evem before the first seadon is tested out. There were less than than 400 online for the womans final. Way to
Go curl ont and Steve Chenier

It's a shame. OCA missed opportunity to promote the game. Only die-hard fans are streaming - no new viewers.

Teams missed opportunity to get exposure (that's a big deal for sponsors). The up and coming teams gain no recognition for their success. As far as anyone knows, there are only two teams in Ontario.

02-05-17 08:25PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Three

Love it. He who uses juvenile and stupid nicknames should be given one himself. Needs to be nastier and more childish though.

Since posters are now requesting a suitable nickname for M L.

I think "ME a LOSER" would be appropriate.

What do you think, Fresca?

And by the way, the Alberta Scotties winners are still waiting

your apology for calling them CHEATERS.

Step up to the plate, fella, and, if necessary, have your

boyfriend / girlfriend apologise for you.

02-05-17 08:47PM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Par89
I think if price the same next year, more people will sign up. Quality was good - you can plug into your tv, watch online. Better than nothing.

Did I not see Alberta and Manitoba on Sportsnet last week? And jumping ahead to next weekend, Sportsnet is also showing the Alberta and Manitoba mens provincials.

02-05-17 09:03PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

Could be wrong but doesn't Shaw do that?

02-05-17 09:10PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

sportsnet

quote:
Originally posted by Par89
Could be wrong but doesn't Shaw do that?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/schedule/

move date to Feb 12, change time zone

02-05-17 10:49PM
Par89
Swing Artist

I looked it up on Google and looks like couple of years ago, Shaw did it, then Sportsnet took over.

02-06-17 06:55AM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: WOW

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Anyways, new blood always good! btw anyone know if Casey lead Dustin Kidby is Kaitlyn Lawes' old flame DJ Kidby?

I don't know anything about Kaitlyn Lawes's personal life, but Dustin Kidby is not David 'DJ' Kidby. I would assume they are brothers but don't know for sure.

02-06-17 03:08PM
Stumpy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stumpy Click here to Send Stumpy a Private Message Find more posts by Stumpy Add Stumpy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stumpy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: WOW

quote:
Originally posted by jzwanzig

I don't know anything about Kaitlyn Lawes's personal life, but Dustin Kidby is not David 'DJ' Kidby. I would assume they are brothers but don't know for sure.

The better question is who cares? ML what is your obsession with Kaitlyn's personal life?

02-06-17 03:27PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: WOW

quote:
Originally posted by Stumpy

The better question is who cares? ML what is your obsession with Kaitlyn's personal life?

Manitoba Loser has a mental problem.

02-06-17 04:28PM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Re: Re: WOW

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Manitoba Loser has a mental problem.

Come on, that's not nice. ML is a curling superfan who has lots of opinions. Maybe his nicknames wear thin but that's no reason to be insulting.

02-06-17 07:52PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WOW

quote:
Originally posted by jzwanzig

Come on, that's not nice. ML is a curling superfan who has lots of opinions. Maybe his nicknames wear thin but that's no reason to be insulting.

His nicknames not only wear thin but are insulting. I for one highly doubt he would call Epping, "John Epping Collapse" to his face. I was taught to never say something about somebody else that you would not repeat to their face. Well in short, if I ever met ML in person I would have zero issues calling him Manitoba Loser to his face. He is rude and tiresome and comes up with dumb nicknames for people that have pretty much dedicated their lives to become the best they can be at the game we all love so much. Did Epping have an epic collapse? Absolutely, but that happens in all sports. Go ask a Falcons fan how it feels today.

Idiots hiding behind keyboards are a dime a dozen on most Internet forums. Since not a lot of people actually post on curlingzone one bad apple does spoil the relatively small bunch.

I'm sure the self-proclaimed himself "Manitoba Legend" can take it as well as he can dish it out...otherwise he would not troll us as he does. Correct Manitoba Loser?

02-07-17 01:35AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WOW

quote:
Originally posted by Three

His nicknames not only wear thin but are insulting. I for one highly doubt he would call Epping, "John Epping Collapse" to his face. I was taught to never say something about somebody else that you would not repeat to their face. Well in short, if I ever met ML in person I would have zero issues calling him Manitoba Loser to his face. He is rude and tiresome and comes up with dumb nicknames for people that have pretty much dedicated their lives to become the best they can be at the game we all love so much. Did Epping have an epic collapse? Absolutely, but that happens in all sports. Go ask a Falcons fan how it feels today.

Idiots hiding behind keyboards are a dime a dozen on most Internet forums. Since not a lot of people actually post on curlingzone one bad apple does spoil the relatively small bunch.

I'm sure the self-proclaimed himself "Manitoba Legend" can take it as well as he can dish it out...otherwise he would not troll us as he does. Correct Manitoba Loser?

^ If your intention was to rise above the level of which you are so critical, you've failed miserably.

Regardless of your opinion of 'Manitoba Legend', he does not call other posters here insulting names - except possibly in self-defense (and him doing even that is rare). And so your gratuitous insults of him reveal far more about your character than about his.

This type of nonsense has a tendency to snowball, as people pile on (because, sadly, it makes them feel better to belittle others). So before this immaturity gets out of hand with people calling others 'losers', etc., please stop. Everyone has an equal right to post on this message board, regardless of your opinion of their posts; regardless of whether you feel their posts reveal them to be a genius or a jerk.

If a poster is not going around insulting other posters, leave him/her be. If you disagree with what someone posts, then disagree in concrete, intelligent fashion - not by belittling the person or calling him/her names.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-07-17 02:55AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WOW

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

^ If your intention was to rise above the level of which you are so critical, you've failed miserably.

Regardless of your opinion of 'Manitoba Legend', he does not call other posters here insulting names - except possibly in self-defense (and him doing even that is rare). And so your gratuitous insults of him reveal far more about your character than about his.

This type of nonsense has a tendency to snowball, as people pile on (because, sadly, it makes them feel better to belittle others). So before this immaturity gets out of hand with people calling others 'losers', etc., please stop. Everyone has an equal right to post on this message board, regardless of your opinion of their posts; regardless of whether you feel their posts reveal them to be a genius or a jerk.

If a poster is not going around insulting other posters, leave him/her be. If you disagree with what someone posts, then disagree in concrete, intelligent fashion - not by belittling the person or calling him/her names.

You really miss the the mark on this one. When someone continuously demeans certain curlers (piles on), it lessens the experience on this website. We already have certain curlers attacked over and over by this individual, and we do not need John Epping added to the list. There is nothing wrong with critiquing games or individual performances. That's what the board is for. But he goes way beyond that.

You are basically saying he can demean curlers as much as he wants, as long as he doesn't demean posters. You're wrong, and your efforts to shift the blame to posters who don't appreciate his behaviour are lame.

02-07-17 05:06AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WOW

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

You really miss the the mark on this one. When someone continuously demeans certain curlers (piles on), it lessens the experience on this website. We already have certain curlers attacked over and over by this individual, and we do not need John Epping added to the list. There is nothing wrong with critiquing games or individual performances. That's what the board is for. But he goes way beyond that.

You are basically saying he can demean curlers as much as he wants, as long as he doesn't demean posters. You're wrong, and your efforts to shift the blame to posters who don't appreciate his behaviour are lame.

My god, has 'political correctness' reached this pitiful state now?
I consider myself a fairly astute individual, and I don't feel that M.L. comes anywhere near 'demeaning' any of the elite level curlers. And even if he - or anyone else - did, these curlers don't require you or other posters on the board to run to their 'defense' - especially not via the juvenile means of belittling and calling a person names.
Further - the criticisms of M.L. by some posters here are far more demeaning than - and far, far exceed - any of M.L.'s criticism of elite level curlers. It's not even close. Huge, huge hypocrisy here.

M.L. states his opinion, that's all. If he criticizes some of your 'heroes', then too bad - that's life. Jeez - he stated that Epping blew 2 games at the Tankard. He is certainly not the only poster here to state that view - many have. If M.L. did it via a means that you don't like, that certainly doesn't eliminate his right to state his view in that way.
These elite level curlers live a pretty nice life, playing the game they love for an increasingly high amount of prize money and spotlight. Like other elite level athletes from other sports, the fact that they play out their games in the public eye quite naturally leaves them open to both praise and criticism from the public. Somehow, I doubt that any elite level curler will be driven to anywhere near suicide by any criticism seen on this forum by any poster.

From those who insult and call M.L. names, I have yet to read any concrete, mature, intelligently expressed disagreement with him. Instead of that, I see juvenile name calling and piling on.

Can M.L.'s posts drag on? Yes. Does he post too often? Probably - but who are we to determine the proper frequency of someone posting? Are his nicknames for curlers annoying? Sometimes. But none of this is an indictable offence.
I certainly don't always agree with M.L.'s posts - sometimes I do, some times I don't - and I don't read all of his posts -, but I will defend his right to post what he posts. Anyone who finds his posts to be extreme in their degree of criticism of elite level curlers is either far, far too sensitive for healthy social interaction in this culture, or is simply trying gain attention by vilifying an individual who's done nothing to deserve it. Trying to create a problem that doesn't exist. These people should find something far more productive to do with their lives.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by On The Nose on 02-07-17 at 05:16AM

02-07-17 06:15AM
Runback is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Runback Click here to Send Runback a Private Message Find more posts by Runback Add Runback to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Runback
Harvey Hacksmasher

M.L. is my favourite poster. He's interesting, fun, and clearly has a rich history in the sport. His opinions are his opinions and they are right and wrong, as all of our opinions are. And sometimes he goes too far. But what a boring place this would be if nobody did. I also respect that no matter what anyone says to/about him, he does not responds by slinging mud back As far as the nicknames go, mostly they are just attempts at humour, some hit the mark, some not so much. But c'mon, Money-Penny Barker, that's gold. 'You were always a cunning linguist James".

Carry on ML, you have fans out here.

02-07-17 08:20AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Runback
M.L. is my favourite poster. He's interesting, fun, and clearly has a rich history in the sport. His opinions are his opinions and they are right and wrong, as all of our opinions are. And sometimes he goes too far. But what a boring place this would be if nobody did. I also respect that no matter what anyone says to/about him, he does not responds by slinging mud back As far as the nicknames go, mostly they are just attempts at humour, some hit the mark, some not so much. But c'mon, Money-Penny Barker, that's gold. 'You were always a cunning linguist James".

Carry on ML, you have fans out here.

ML has a quirky sense of humour and he does state what others think...you should have seen his very happy post back when JJ won the Olympic gold...I could feel his tears of joy over the internet.

Anyway, he is probably very happy we are talking about him instead of curling.

When you are an elite athlete in the spotlight, you have to be prepared for some criticism. These aren't special snowflakes and if they are, then they'd better stick to club curling.

02-07-17 09:00AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Anybody familiar with SNL or 22 Minutes or other satirical CBC shows over the years? ML is filling a similar roll here imo.

02-07-17 09:13AM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

When you are an elite athlete in the spotlight, you have to be prepared for some criticism. These aren't special snowflakes and if they are, then they'd better stick to club curling.

Team Homan and John Epping don't need me to defend them, they could care less about ML's opinion of them.

ML has every right to post as much nonsense and negative nicknames as he wants. I simply ask he stop using "Mean Girls" and "JEC, John Epping Collapse" as I find them stupid and negative and every time I read "Mean Girls" it absolutely rubs me the wrong way. Just as it is his right to use the moniker "Mean Girls" for Team Homan it is my right to tell him I think he is a "Loser" for using the name.

I have no problem with ML's other more positive nick-names and of course criticizing curlers for bad performances or bad calls is exactly what this board should be used for. No problem there either. And if ML is happy we are talking about him instead of curling more power to him...but I will call him out each and every time I see him use "Mean Girls", or whatever negative garbage he can dream up to call a team or individual. I have no problem wallowing far far beneath his level.

02-07-17 09:33AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

look, yes the nicknames can get annoying. some of them make no sense, such as his mean girls tag for team homan. but in the end they really arent that bad. in general legend is respectful of the curlers and teams. sometimes he gets his facts wrong but we all do.

its obvious the guy loves the game. there are times when he needs to be called out , such as when he starts discussing players personal lives when its really none of our business. but in general his posts are interesting to read and he's a big part of this forum.

02-07-17 09:53AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

wow

You people are worse than ML. Continuing a thread that could be long over. Block him if you don't like his posts.