Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-27-15 01:31PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Who the hell are the CCA? Do you mean Curling Canada?

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-27-15 01:42PM
The Rock Rocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Rock Rocks Click here to Send The Rock Rocks a Private Message Find more posts by The Rock Rocks Add The Rock Rocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Rock Rocks
Knee-Slider

The CCA can change their name to Curling Canada but they are still all about money. I think there could be a constitutional issue with this format. Canada doesn't do things through discrimination.

02-27-15 01:43PM
MNIceman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MNIceman Click here to Send MNIceman a Private Message Visit MNIceman's homepage! Find more posts by MNIceman Add MNIceman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNIceman
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by guido
So, the draw to the button prior to the game, may determine the "finalists".
Yup, that's GREAT for curling!!!!

Draw to the button let the US Women's World team go 0-2 in the playoffs last week and still go to World's. So it could be worse

02-27-15 02:31PM
Noeller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Noeller Click here to Send Noeller a Private Message Find more posts by Noeller Add Noeller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Noeller
Harvey Hacksmasher

With no disrespect intended, as a fan, all I want is to see the best of the best teams curling in a bonspiel that decides our national champion. There is a growing voice to make The Canada Cup our new decider of a national champion, because it actually has only the best of the best teams. I understand all the history and sentiment behind the Brier, and I love the idea of a bonspiel with every province and territory invited, but I don't want some guys in rubber boots who've never seen arena ice competing to be our national champ, while guys like McEwen are sitting at home because they couldn't get out of the deepest province.

Best on best competition....that's all I want for my national championship.

02-27-15 03:22PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

According to this: http://www.curlingzone.com/talk/?p=142

PEI's total DTB in this game must be less than 93.2 to beat YUK's total DTB score and make this last game meaningful.

02-27-15 04:21PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

If it does come down to the dreaded 3 1-1 teams scenario, they really should throw an extra game in there. Have 3 play 2 and winner play 1. Elimination after two games due to draw to the button is just dumb.

02-27-15 04:26PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man
Who the hell are the CCA? Do you mean Curling Canada?
Wow a rebranding... I think they should have gone all out for a sponsorship to go with the new branding. Something like "The Air Canada Curling Association" or "MTS Curling of Canada", or maybe Rogers Sportsnet and Curling Association"

02-27-15 04:30PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

We found a Truly Excellent Volunteer. CurlingGeek will have coverage of the PEI-NS pre-qualifier game. 3:30pm Calgary, 5:30pm Eastern, 6:30pm Atlantic:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/86

02-27-15 04:35PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Wow a rebranding... I think they should have gone all out for a sponsorship to go with the new branding. Something like "The Air Canada Curling Association" or "MTS Curling of Canada", or maybe Rogers Sportsnet and Curling Association"

They are a government agency they are sponsored by the people of Canada.

02-27-15 04:42PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by The Rock Rocks
All this crap sucks anyway. All provinces and territories should be represented. The CCA is going to srew curling in Canada. Relegation is just another word for discrimination. The CCA suck.

We already have a forum about this for the Scotties, let's not start another one to just cry about relegation, the CCA doesn't care what we think. It's out there and we get it people hate relegation but it's not going to change anything.

02-27-15 04:57PM
Deucey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deucey Click here to Send Deucey a Private Message Find more posts by Deucey Add Deucey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deucey
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Your thoughtful post made me think that one way to generate even more interest in curling is to:

1. Keep the Brier champion as the champion of Canadian curling.
2. Annoint the cash champion (aka Grand Slam) the kings of grand slam curling
3. Create a 3rd series (event) a possible Best of 7 series between the Brier winner and the Cash winner where the winner of the series represents Canada at the Worlds. (To generate more interest the series would be televised much like a Stanley Cup series; 1st two games at the Brier champions home city, next 3 games at the Cash-winners home base, etc. Try to get facilities of approx. 2,000 to 4,000 capacity as its just a couple teams playing one sheet - but there could be some decent cash gate revenues.

Just a thought - I'm an old-timer who still likes the Brier champion going on to the worlds. I know it seems to favour sadsack teams like McEwen or Garry Ross but just because these types of fellas are allergic to provincial championship finals shouldn't disaqualify them from world opportunities.

immo

I actually think this has some merit. You can keep the brier as the 1 province 1 team (plus NO and 1 team for the territories). There has always been something special about the brier (and scotties) that no cash spiel has ever been able to replicate. But then you have them play off against the Canada Cup winner and maybe the top cash team and last year's champ.

02-27-15 06:10PM
scorer79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scorer79 Click here to Send scorer79 a Private Message Find more posts by scorer79 Add scorer79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scorer79
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by alex
For the tiebreak to kick in Casey must win. If he does then it goes to distance from pin in draw to the button tries. I would think it is possible Casey could be without hammer in both his games but still qualify on total distance. However if they [Casey] are third after the draw to the button the game becomes meaningless, I think.

Lovely. So the CCA makes these teams play each other once, and if they all tie, then it comes down to a measley draw to the button? Great logic.

There needs to be a better way to break ties... like starting the competition a day earlier and have a spare day for tiebreakers or extra rest. Then use a draw to the button (if you wish) to determine who plays who in those single elimination games. Or just get rid of this stupid system altogether.

Someone needs to give their head a shake on this one.

The best suggestion so far is to qualify 16 (10 provinces, 3 territories, team canada and top two CTRS teams) and break the brier into two pools of 8 with the championship and consolation brackets coming out of it.

Last edited by scorer79 on 02-27-15 at 06:13PM