Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-03-19 10:15PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Always nice to see a deserving new team come through. Good luck

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-04-19 07:46AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Hitting Paint

Yes it’s great to see a new team represent Ontario. It shows the depth of curling and also shows that when given the opportunity there are more “elite” teams than what we see on the slam series.

02-04-19 10:25AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Why would Benny be McDonald's 5th if his team could rep Alberta/Wildcard?

02-04-19 01:59PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Wonder if Lainger or Benny get to the Brier as McDonald's "5th"?
I suspect they'll still be their as Vice-Chairmen of Standing Around.

ML. too far over his skis again.

According to the Canadian Press, Epping still has a Wild Card chance to make it to the Brier. If successful neither Laing or Savill would be eligible as a 5th for anybody.

And should Epping not be successful, would it not be more prudent for McDonald to select a curler who could Skip if necessary?* While both are world class in their current positions, they would be the first to admit Skipping is not for them.

As for "Benny", another senior moment perhaps, he's not eligible for a 5th yet simply because the Alberta Provincials don''t begin until the 6th. And if Koe were to lose, I question why any Alberta curler would be eligible as a 5th for an Ontario team.

* Jacobs has selected Horgan for his 5th.

Bottoms Up!!!

02-04-19 02:43PM
SooCurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SooCurler Click here to Send SooCurler a Private Message Find more posts by SooCurler Add SooCurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SooCurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer

ML. too far over his skis again.

According to the Canadian Press, Epping still has a Wild Card chance to make it to the Brier. If successful neither Laing or Savill would be eligible as a 5th for anybody.

And should Epping not be successful, would it not be more prudent for McDonald to select a curler who could Skip if necessary?* While both are world class in their current positions, they would be the first to admit Skipping is not for them.

As for "Benny", another senior moment perhaps, he's not eligible for a 5th yet simply because the Alberta Provincials don''t begin until the 6th. And if Koe were to lose, I question why any Alberta curler would be eligible as a 5th for an Ontario team.

* Jacobs has selected Horgan for his 5th.

Bottoms Up!!!

I think Epping is basically guaranteed a wild card either 1 or 2. Only Koe and Jacobs are ahead of him in the current CRTS. So if Bottcher goes through for Alberta it would be Koe 1 and Epping 2. If Koe takes Alberta it will be Epping 1 and Bottcher 2. If I am reading the CRTS correctly that is.

02-05-19 11:01AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by dks
Yes it’s great to see a new team represent Ontario. It shows the depth of curling and also shows that when given the opportunity there are more “elite” teams than what we see on the slam series.

McDonald has been knocking on the door of the Ontario Provincials since 2010. This season his team was invited to three Slam events, none of which proved to be noteworthy. So despite winning the Provincials he is unlikely to be invited to run with the big dogs in either the Players' or the Champions Cup both of which will be jam-packed with talent not only from Canada but from around the world.

02-05-19 11:06AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Apparently there was a bullying incident at the Provincials. No sure who was involved or what the incident was but shameful.

http://teamhoman.com/blog/2019/2/4/...3vnd6TfEjhTDytQ

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 02-05-19 at 11:18AM

02-05-19 02:22PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

A joke was made of the Shorty Jenkins award (good sportsman/woman)...not cool.

02-05-19 02:23PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer

McDonald has been knocking on the door of the Ontario Provincials since 2010. This season his team was invited to three Slam events, none of which proved to be noteworthy. So despite winning the Provincials he is unlikely to be invited to run with the big dogs in either the Players' or the Champions Cup both of which will be jam-packed with talent not only from Canada but from around the world.

Scott McDonald sits 12th overall on the Order of Merit YTD, which is how invites for the Players' Championship are handed out. They also won the Gatineau spiel which had a 5.76 SFM. There is a good chance that is strong enough to qualify them for Champions Cup.

McDonald was not handed any special invites. They qualified for the Grand Slams and are in good position to qualify for the last 2.

Qualifying cut-off for the Players' Championship is the Brier. McDonald will have to have a strong showing at the Brier to hold onto that 12th spot with a tight race of other teams close to them.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-05-19 03:00PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re Homan & anti bullying

I clicked on the link provided by Meaghan and nothing happened. Through twitter I think this might be the article Meaghan is referring to.

http://teamhoman.com/blog/2019/2/4/...qhfz2ovjw649ghi

02-05-19 03:11PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re Homan & anti bullying

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
I clicked on the link provided by Meaghan and nothing happened. Through twitter I think this might be the article Meaghan is referring to.

http://teamhoman.com/blog/2019/2/4/...qhfz2ovjw649ghi

AND
https://www.tsn.ca/homan-seeks-apol...cials-1.1252654

02-05-19 08:32PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Here is a link to CBC report https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...cials-1.5007289

Let's face it, we all know that Homan is not an Ontario resident anymore and has been playing the system for 3 years now.

02-05-19 08:45PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Hmmm, of course this would rear its head sooner or later. Curling Canada should have resolved this sooner.

02-05-19 10:06PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

EXACTLY

Curling Canada should have sorted this out. I'm not sure about bullying but just asking "Where do you LIVE"

I've asked this the last 2-3 years. Courtney "MOVED" to Ontario when you were not "supposed" to have out of province players. Same as Morris in BC, and many ,many others that CC turned the blind eye.

Homan lives in AB. Courtney lives in AB. You can't blame the outburst in the crowd that suggested the same. Living "on paper" vs where you sleep at night are totally different.

I've said this at least 5 times the last 2 years.... COME CLEAN.

Again, really like team Homan, however, there are rules. Supposedly for EVERYONE

02-05-19 10:21PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

More to the story

Manitoba Legend work your odds

Odds CC suspends Homan for illegal residency, #obvious
Z E R O
That's what the kids are saying.
Odds CC says ONE WORD regarding illegal residency rules ZERO
12 year student, is that DR Homan?
Zero
Odds CC says anything about top teams breaking the rules that may affect their free trips around the globe/ Z E R O

Odds CC caves to the residency rules to keep their perks? 100%
Signed, resigned.

02-06-19 07:14AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

I'm just here for the free trips!

Wow. Tell us your opinion on Olympic athletes and their "free trips" around the world. You seem to have some issue with funding athletes for competitions.

Reminder: As far as I can figure, you need the athletes in order for there to be a competition, right?

02-06-19 07:45AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Hitting Paint

According to the CBC article the exemption is for full time students. So the two questions to be answered are, what is classified as a full time student and does Homan meet that definition? Apparently (right or wrong) Curling Canada says Homan is a full time student so therefore she is eligible to represent Ontario. Does yelling “Alberta” from a fan constitute bullying? That seems a bit of a stretch. It does show what Homan’s competitors (and Homan herself )think of her sportsmanship when neither parties think she should win the award , but, did it to prove a point.

02-06-19 11:03AM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Doesn't Gushue have more than one out of province player? Not saying anyone should be harassed for anything, but seems to be a double standard in this case. Personally I think the concept is dated and other avenues should be explored.

02-06-19 11:33AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

I believe Geoff Walker has been a resident of Newfoundland for awhile now but if I'm wrong someone can correct me.

02-06-19 11:40AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Re: I'm just here for the free trips!

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Wow. Tell us your opinion on Olympic athletes and their "free trips" around the world. You seem to have some issue with funding athletes for competitions.

Reminder: As far as I can figure, you need the athletes in order for there to be a competition, right?

I was referring to the CC entourage that attends all these events, NOT the athletes.

02-06-19 11:45AM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy
I believe Geoff Walker has been a resident of Newfoundland for awhile now but if I'm wrong someone can correct me.

Someone needs to update that Wiki!

02-06-19 01:09PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Unless something has changed, Gallant lives in NL and works at his and Brad's frozen yogurt shop in the off season

02-06-19 01:20PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy

Maybe legally, yes. Pretty tough on a new marriage when the spouses live 1000’s or miles apart.
With the lenient residency rules, does it matter? The incident at the ont. women’s pro s was brought on by these rules. Even though it was pretty petty, and thoughtless of the participants. Hopefully some good comes out of it.
I hope the people involved are embarrassed and have learned from their transgressions. Really was it worth it?

Last edited by guido on 02-06-19 at 01:23PM

02-06-19 01:24PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I just don't see how the incident in Ontario can be considered bullying. If criticizing someone is bullying maybe the whole issue needs to be reexamined.

02-06-19 01:44PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Perhaps some people have not forgotten about the way Homan dealt with a situation at the olympics. It could have been deemed to be serious bullying not withstanding the rules that are open to interpretation.