Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-02-18 05:36PM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Site Admin please

Can someone please tell me why all of a sudden our automatic login has disappeared. I have tried to come on here 3 times today and have had to long in at least 3 times for each time I want to log in. My login info is no longer saving and it has always saved.

Can someone follow this up please?

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-02-18 07:07PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

I'm also having issues. It seems like when I access certain parts of the site I am logged in and then when I go to a different page I'm not logged in.

This site is now pretty much a disaster. Very few people even bother to post any more and the level of discourse is nothing like it was 2-3 years ago.

It's hard for me to understand how, with tens of thousands of curlers and people who love to watch curling, there can't even be one decent curling forum with intelligent discussion about the sport.

01-09-18 05:34AM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

Apple iPad

I cannot access the last post feature on my iPad, I am not sure why this is. To access the posts if there is more than 1 page, I have to go through the full pages until I get to the last one.
The go to last post feature does not appear in the features, it is shown above the posts but is not effective in any way.
Thanks

01-09-18 07:14AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

These requests will mostly be ignored. I've been trying to get a response to my request "subscribe to this thread" for as long as the new site has been available. Totally being ignored. Thank you.

01-12-18 04:48AM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

IPad problems

Well Allbetts, I sure hope your crow tastes good, the problem has been fixed, the “go to last post” problem has been fixed.
Much appreciated admin group for your help on the fix.
Keep up the good work.

01-12-18 07:55AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: IPad problems

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker
Well Allbetts, I sure hope your crow tastes good, the problem has been fixed, the “go to last post” problem has been fixed.
Much appreciated admin group for your help on the fix.
Keep up the good work.

How old are you. Like five??? I'm happy for you. Your problem has been fixed. Mine hasn't. Just to let you know.

01-12-18 12:06PM
broomsmith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for broomsmith Click here to Send broomsmith a Private Message Find more posts by broomsmith Add broomsmith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
broomsmith
Harvey Hacksmasher

Why don't you guys start a Reddit page then?

01-14-18 02:10AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by GregJP
I'm also having issues. It seems like when I access certain parts of the site I am logged in and then when I go to a different page I'm not logged in.

This site is now pretty much a disaster. Very few people even bother to post any more and the level of discourse is nothing like it was 2-3 years ago.

It's hard for me to understand how, with tens of thousands of curlers and people who love to watch curling, there can't even be one decent curling forum with intelligent discussion about the sport.

^ Very, very well stated.
I very much agree.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

01-15-18 01:09AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
this site is a labor of love for many years

courtesy of gerry and the admin guys

its free - and relatively free of crackpots that tend to takeover free sites ( zerohedge comes to mind )

it allows silly opinions and seldom deletes them - as does the winnipeg free press which costs $400 a year and deletes many posts they dont agree with

i am sure that cz would appreciate a donation

if everyone paid $5 a month ( $10 to post) they could hire an it guy to tune up site

They get money from advertizers - though I suspect they're getting less money from them now, because it certainly seems like less people visit this site since the 'update' (which was obviously a downgrade).

This is a flagrant case of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
They decided to make significant changes to something which was working well. There was no need.
Further, they didn't even follow through with the change. There were obviously many problems with the new layout from the very beginning of it - and posters (the ones who did not abandon the site because of the change) told the administrators of many of the problems - specifically. Very few of those problems have been fixed.

This was once a good and enjoyable curling site - one where we could exchange ideas and discuss matters related to a sport we love.
That has been removed from us all - replaced with a dysfunctional layout that no-one likes.
So who is this terrible change good for, exactly? It's obviously not good for us, the curling fans and curlers who come to the site for information and discussion... it's not good for the administrators or advertizers who have seen a significant loss of visits to the site...

I cannot understand why it's been left this way for so long, as it is clearly to the detriment of everyone, with no advantages for anyone.

Sigh...

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

01-20-18 05:47AM
Prawnpuller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prawnpuller Click here to Send Prawnpuller a Private Message Find more posts by Prawnpuller Add Prawnpuller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prawnpuller
Harvey Hacksmasher

CZ

I don't like to come on here sounding like a whiner,however,I too am not impressed with this this (NEW) CZ format or site.
The old format(site) was,colourful,informative,active and well subscribed too. So what the hell happened? If the old site was a baseline and say a 10 I would give this new site a 5.Sorry ...seldom come here anymore. Over and out.

Two things can happen...one is bad ( and just did)

Last edited by Prawnpuller on 01-20-18 at 11:15PM

01-20-18 11:53AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

JUST TRYING TO HELP

When it comes to computers I'm probably the least knowledgeable of all the thousands of poster who visit this site.

However, if there's only an extremely small percentage who can't post under their preferred username or who are required to login over and over for no apparent reason, does this not suggest the problem could possibly be with the device you're currently using?

How come, for example, I have no problem using either my 10 year old desktop or my relatively new Apple iPad?

Is it not possible for you to consult with a well - informed friend or a computer geek who just may have a scary - quick solution to your annoying problem?

01-20-18 03:26PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im not having any trouble logging in either or anything like that however there is a very clear drop in the quality of the site. the one reliable scores have become very tedious, taking, at times forever to update and being several ends behind what's happening and many times they've just been wrong. in the case of the canadian open this week there were instances where the scores were not even posted in finished games

event information on teams takes forever to get put on and several times draw information has been wrong. I'll also admit some information is also just harder to find

this site didn't need any changes. everything that's been done is for the worse . so many posters have just disappeared. the forum is a shadow of what it once was. it's sad to see.

01-20-18 03:28PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
JUST TRYING TO HELP

When it comes to computers I'm probably the least knowledgeable of all the thousands of poster who visit this site.

However, if there's only an extremely small percentage who can't post under their preferred username or who are required to login over and over for no apparent reason, does this not suggest the problem could possibly be with the device you're currently using?

How come, for example, I have no problem using either my 10 year old desktop or my relatively new Apple iPad?

Is it not possible for you to consult with a well - informed friend or a computer geek who just may have a scary - quick solution to your annoying problem?

i have no problem logging in myself if i go to log in at the top, it works fine. however if i try to post something without logging in and it asks me to log in i will enter my information but it then will not let me log in. i used to be able to do that

01-20-18 03:39PM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

No, my login is working fine now.

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i have no problem logging in myself if i go to log in at the top, it works fine. however if i try to post something without logging in and it asks me to log in i will enter my information but it then will not let me log in. i used to be able to do that

It was the site. the site has been really unfriendly to us since they changed it. Can't even get streaming if you don't get it on TV most of the time. It is like a handle with no knife attached. - Useless to what it was. It is like going from College to kindergarten

01-21-18 12:25AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Don't worry about having things changed as it appears that not too many people are looking to log in. It would be nice if participation and contributions could go back to where it used to be.