Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-03-17 08:20AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
It's not only Glen's shot making this gone down hill his decision making is getting pretty questionable too couple of examples:

1. In the game against balsdon in the 9th end he was sitting 2 with only 2 rocks to com for balsdon. Greg had no way of getting rid of both easily. Glenn decides to try and hit out 3rd shot. The rock overcurlsand it turns out as bad as it ever could. He takes out both of his rocks and kicks Greg's in behind cover to sit shot, setting up Greg for 2

2. N the game against Epping, again in the 9th he chooses to try and blank on an Epping rock that is basically dead barrier and frozen to a biter at the back. He overcurls andgives a steal of 1.

It was a rough day for him. He never should have lost the balsdon game. He also flashed an open hit for 2 in 7 that would have put him up by 4 with 3 to go, effectively winning the game.

Can he rebound today? He better hope he can

As for Epping. Well I was wrong and I am happy I was. He has firs place locked up. Hopefully he will finally get to the Brier. He is Ontario's best hope for a win

I loved the Howard team and enjoy watching them. I'm disappointed for them in these losses. I'll totally support the Epping team and feel quite confident that they'll do well at the brier.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-03-17 09:03AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I'm going to give the streaming another chance but watch on my desktop instead of the iPad.

Looks like Flaxey is sinking fast, a couple of more losses and she could be in the stands tomorrow watching instead of playing.

02-03-17 09:08AM
SooCurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SooCurler Click here to Send SooCurler a Private Message Find more posts by SooCurler Add SooCurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SooCurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

I've been streaming all week, paid for the early bird $10.95 all access pass and haven't had any quality issues at all. HD streaming with no buffering issues and no compression issues. Sound has been great. Only hiccup was Sunday night when they basically failed to get the stream up for the draw.

02-03-17 12:13PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

4 loss teams arent even out of the mix yet. if flaxey loses to homan this afternoon and auld loses to tippin and balsdon today then 4 losses will get you a tiebreaker and auld is down 2 in 10 to tippin right now

technically sherry isnt out of it yet

02-03-17 12:22PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
4 loss teams arent even out of the mix yet. if flaxey loses to homan this afternoon and auld loses to tippin and balsdon today then 4 losses will get you a tiebreaker and auld is down 2 in 10 to tippin right now

technically sherry isnt out of it yet

A five way tie at 3-4 would be great, lol. Would need four games and three draws to settle third place.

Last edited by Three on 02-03-17 at 01:02PM

02-03-17 01:31PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Final Women's Draw Playoff Scenarios
AUL-BAL MID-TIP FLA-HOM HAR-HEG

Harrison(5-1)
Need to win to clinch 1st; with a loss & HOM win they get 2nd; with a loss & HOM loss they get 1st
Homan(5-1)
Need to win & HAR lose to get 1st; All other scenarios get them 2nd.

Auld(3-3), Flaxey(3-3), Tippin(3-3)
Teams Need to win and have the other 2 lose to get 3rd place alone
With a win and one of the other 2 teams win = T-B
If they all lose it creates a massive T-B scenario that could bring Middaugh and Heggestad back in.

Heggestad(2-4)
Need to win & have TIP,AUL,FLA lose to get into a T-B.
Middaugh(2-4)
Need to win & have FLA & AUL lose to get into a T-B.

(In case there's a 3 way tie for 3rd between Tippin,Auld & Flaxey, here are their Round Robin Results against eachother. Auld-Flaxey would play in TB1 to face Tippin in TB2)
Tippin d. Auld
Tippin d. Flaxey
Auld d. Flaxey

02-03-17 02:00PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

After looking at all this, I like how Alberta does it - triple knockout...and more teams can play and no tiebreakers.

02-03-17 07:48PM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by CH14
Anyone Know who is playing vice for Bice? Squires is listed but he is also listed as the skip for Canada's entry in the Winter Universiade Championship in Kazakhstan.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Yes Squires is not there. Super spare Adam Spencer is vising for Bice.

02-03-17 08:14PM
curler90 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curler90 Find more posts by curler90 Add curler90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curler90
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by ellejay

.I've been watching all week, great coverage, absolutely no problems at all with the stream,whether audio or video, it's been excellent.

I too have been watching all week with no issues at all. Excellent coverage. Have it on my big screen tv and it looks and sounds fantastic.

02-03-17 08:30PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

No geek tonight?

02-03-17 10:14PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

And another favourite (Flaxey) goes down to,a previously unheralded team (Auld)...

02-03-17 10:35PM
curler90 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curler90 Find more posts by curler90 Add curler90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curler90
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Unheralded Auld does Rachel Homan a favour. Flaxey seemed like legit Homan kryptonite - seemed to get all juiced up for Team Homan - I suspect Homan won't have too much problem dispensing with Auld - but Harrison gets just as juiced up for Rachel as does Flaxey.

If Raytch wants to rep Ontario she'll have to earn her keep!

Do not under estimate Auld. Homan will need to play well.

02-03-17 11:09PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curler90

Do not under estimate Auld. Homan will need to play well.

Agreed...Auld has a decent team and can make the required shots when needed

02-03-17 11:40PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

..respect for Team Howard, but I'll be giving 100% support to Epping in the semi, and final ! it's his turn .

02-04-17 09:49AM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:

As far as Homan vs. Auld - I'd place the favourite number at 72%.

Could not disagree more strongly. My calculations show 74%

02-04-17 02:22PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Call it a truce at 73?

Anyways, you musta peaked at the early morning game score. Rachel up 2-1 but w/ hammer in 4 - getting ready to skin Cathy!

Even though I was hoping for another underdog win...looks like Homan is all fired up this year. Big score over Auld

02-04-17 05:14PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

How in the hell do you lead for an entire game and then gives up 7 points in 3 ends to lose. What an epic collapse from Epping

Even if they somehow manage to recover from that mentally in time for tomorrow I dont know that he will be ablgto beat howard in a final situation.which issD, because I'd really love to see Epping be toa brier

02-04-17 05:39PM
amonavis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amonavis Find more posts by amonavis Add amonavis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amonavis
Knee-Slider

Howard Comeback

Wow, what a come from behind win for Howard. You gotta hand it to him, he just doesn't give up. Too bad these games aren't televised for everyone to enjoy.

02-04-17 06:20PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
How in the hell do you lead for an entire game and then gives up 7 points in 3 ends to lose. What an epic collapse from Epping

Even if they somehow manage to recover from that mentally in time for tomorrow I dont know that he will be ablgto beat howard in a final situation.which issD, because I'd really love to see Epping be toa brier

That whole game was perplexing to say the last. From the constant picks in the last few ends to the odd call in the 9th by John.
If John doesn't win his SF it will be heartbreaking.

02-04-17 06:40PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

anyone have a coles notes version of what happened in the last 3 ends? especially in the last two where Howard stole 2 and then 3?

02-04-17 06:55PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

We were there, and now I wish I'd stayed, but thought Epping had it in the bag. I have always admired Howard and rooted for him numerous times, but this year we've gone with Epping. Hoping he recovers tomorrow morning. What a heartbreaking loss for that team. I wish I know what happened, but we had a trip ahead of us.

02-04-17 07:55PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i am just so confused as to what happened here. john is usually so good at defending a lead. i would really appreciate it if anjyone could maybe summarize the last 2 ends. how exactly did those steals happened. john looked in good shape the whole way through and then that happened

Last edited by misty1 on 02-04-17 at 07:58PM

02-04-17 07:56PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler

That whole game was perplexing to say the last. From the constant picks in the last few ends to the odd call in the 9th by John.
If John doesn't win his SF it will be heartbreaking.

yeah, it will. but it wouldnt surprise me if he didnt. that loss is gonna be hard to bounce back from

what call in the 9th did he make that was odd?

02-04-17 11:42PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

..he had a draw to the entire left hand side/and middle of the sheet for his 1, instead decided to sneak draw into this pack of rocks on the right side....missed, gave up a steal of 2.

02-05-17 01:18AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

I can understand Epping's call in the 9th end based on the game conditions. They middle of the sheet was definitely catching some picks and John didn't really feel confident going there.

The shot on the outside should have been a gimme to give up 1, but he threw too much weight and must have got it out a bit protecting against the wreck that he ended up giving up 2.

It as hard to look at the call John made and not think he would outcount 2nd shot for sure. He needed 3 feet or so of curl to get shot and 1 feet of curl to only give up 1. He must have thrown it a bit wide and heavy, which resulted in the steal of 2.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!