W: MCT Championships
M: Crestwood U18 Juvenile Mens Bonspiel
: Crestwood U18 Juvenile Womens Bonspiel
W: Curl Mesabi Classic
M: Curl Mesabi Classic
W: USA Junior National Qualifier 3
M: Farmers Edge SCT
Default (ET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Canad inns classic

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-12-17 09:44AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Canad inns classic

Is it just me or is this event's entry list rather small this year. isn't this normally a 32 team field. only 20 teams entered this year

its not the first time i've noticed an event operate with a severely depleted entry list. mantour classic, prestige classic in BC and the womens event in the US this past weekend

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-16-17 05:45PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Whoa... Glenn is into the final. I think this is interesting. I know it is early in the season and the long term grind can wear on the older bones, but does anyone know, did the Howard team undergo targeted personal training? They beat a lot of strong teams in this event and last year, they lost to a lot of mediocre teams. They may be shooting hard for the oly trials. Thoughts?

10-16-17 11:44PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Reid Carruthers playing the villain this year - beating the bejeebers out of 56 yr old Old Glenny tonite 6-1 in 6 ends.
Don't know how Howard managed to get to the final - thin field, a bit of inspired play, etc.
Reid now the villain by disposing of the Old Man and his collection of young near-juniors - no more Super Wayne Middaugh & Richard Hart evidently.
I really believe this year's Olympic trials will boil down to 3 Canadian teams - 1. Gushue, 2. Jacobs & 3. either Reid or Mikey McEwen.

10-17-17 08:46AM
dks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dks Click here to Send dks a Private Message Find more posts by dks Add dks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dks
Harvey Hacksmasher

Since this is the best finish Howard has had in awhile, he may consider keeping this current lineup. Anyone know how Scott Howard played at third?

10-17-17 11:18AM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

ML, Howard got to the finals by the following path

Bill Lyburn 7-2 in 6 (20th)
Brad Jacobs 7-4 in 7 (3rd)
John Epping 6-3 (6th)
Yusuke Morozumi 6-4 (29th)
Mike McEwen 8-6 (7th)

Then lost to Reid Carruthers (4th) in finals.

The current WCT rankings are in the parenthesis. I will say that regardless of how big or small, good or bad the field was at the event, Glenn's results were the results of great play, nothing else.

10-17-17 11:26PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

agree Glenn had a long tough road to the final in this event. (quote function not working btw). I too was surprised to see the new line-up. Bodes well - hungry youngry.

10-18-17 12:06AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

I'll have to mention to Fresca that CZ is back running. Maybe he'll buy it and do the necessary upgrades to make the once proud institution proud again.
Anyways, Old Glenny even at 56 or 57 is fully capable of hi-jacking most competitors. Don't think this lineup can confront Gushue and they had massive trouble with Reid - but Koe is starting to show decline, McEwen always finds a way to lose, Epping is a bit messy, who knows what turmoil the Jacobs Gang is in. . . . . . no question Glenn is a master strategist so if he can get some results from Mathers and #1 son Scotty he could cause a few teams to reach for the crying towels!

10-22-17 09:31PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

Just enjoyed a Ladies classic game on tv. It showed three games being streamed, but if you have Shaw it is on their channel, although it does not show in the programming .

10-22-17 11:44PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Quarter finals on Shaw TV - showing Einarson vs. Muirhead. K Einarson has had two 4 pt leads - and blown them both. She was 4 up playing 7 and gassed her final brick to gift Eve a 3. Eve trying like the dickens to pull it off in the 8th but Eve gasses both her stones - and Einarson advances to the semis. JJ Jones was playing Lady Bang Bang from China - typical Jones game - forgets how to curl for a couple ends - down 6-3 after 5 but jolts Betty for a 4 spot. Jones is know on the circuit to give up big ends after scoring big so this one's certainly not over. Maybe Rezbie & Mo Bonar will show the last portion of the Jones game?

10-23-17 09:50AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Those were final qualifiers, not the Quarterfinals Legend.

For the second time this fall (Also Curlers Corner Fall Classic) two young American teams have made the final 8 in Canada against strong fields. The Threesome of Roth, Sinclair and Christensen have now made playoffs in 9 International events. Sinclair won the Shorty Jenkins, Roth lost to Homan in the Curlers Corner Autumn Classic final and Christensen made the Semi's in Stockholm.

The Olympic qualifier should be tough and the representative ready to compete.

10-23-17 10:12AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Thanks for clarifying biterbar. Yes, those were the C level qualifiers last nite. What we learned?
The American teams are for real. Anna Hasselborg is for real - she's been the best girl on the circuit this year. Most athletic and 4 positions loaded with top shot-makers. Hard to beat! Only problem is Anna herself has to shed the monicker of choker in really big games (which she hasn't)
Chelsea Carey has also had a relatively strong start to the season as she deploys veteran Cathy O at 3rd - and thus far this testy alliance seems to be holding.
As predicted Jennifer Jones level of play and strategy has begun its descent. JJ, the great champion is now a wildly inconsistent shooter who's pained on-ice expressions describe her muddled strategy and fear of upcoming opponent shots.
Biggest surprise was Swiss Olympic rep Silvana Tirinzoni was eliminated from playoff contention - but Silvana has an excuse - she just finished a gruelling triple or quadruple round-robin to win the Swiss spot vs. none other than 2 Top 8 world teams (Happy Feltscher & Alina Paetz)
Sherry Middaugh is the biggest surprise, making the playoffs without going thru the C-group.
My favourite to take the thing are The Curling Munchkins, Kelsey Rocque/Laura Crocker. If those two get their glue together they could be the sleeper team in Canada this season - as teams now must plan for inevitable confrontations with Rachel Homan's Mean Girls.

Trials should be most interesting. Rocque, Carey, Jones, Sweeting should all present threats to the overwhelming favourite Homan.

10-23-17 11:38AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Koe team is sponsored by airline and gets flown into southport / portage as part of their deal for last few years

crowds are bigger for ladies than men - attended Sunday - goodd time - thou the roast beef buffet @17.99 for senior wasnt as good as hamburger at lunch $16

if the roast is beyond well done stew and leathery they shud cut it thjicker than an 1/8 inch and about the size of a small pancake - and all stuff cold

10-23-17 03:24PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Sorry to hear 'bout your beef about the beef.
Our mutual friend Frank S. would have simply brought it back to the counter and said "This is unacceptable!"

CASE CLOSED - give me another one that's hot and tasty or refund my 38 rolls of pennies!

10-23-17 04:16PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

here's what i dont get

shaw will show on tv and webcast a c road game and the c road qualifier. yet the next morning they dont broadcast or stream the quarterfinal or semi. instead they rebroadcast the 2 games from the night before. what sense does that make?. they dont even webstream them.

10-23-17 06:57PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

How often do we see a Canadian spiel final without a Canadian team? Always pull for my provincial rep (if in the mix) or any Canadian team represented.

10-23-17 08:12PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Hitting Paint

Quelle Suprise!

An all non-Canadian final. Good for curling everywhere, even in Canada.
Good on Rocque & Co. for their superlative performance which represents a complete turnaround from the 2015-2016 season.
At 23 years of age, the potential here suddenly appears unlimited.

10-23-17 10:19PM
Ajay
Swing Artist

Good win Nina.

10-23-17 10:52PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Kudos to Nina for knocking out a world class women's curling team. Boos to Shaw TV for delivering a dirtbag product to curling fans, here & afar.
First CurlingZone degrades - now Shaw forgets how to cover curling. btw Resbee was absolutely atrocious as lead commentator.

10-23-17 11:26PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Swing Artist

coverage

I watched the last few ends and always thankful for ANY coverage. Much better than silent overhead cameras and much better than NONE.

10-24-17 10:42AM
albetts is online now Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

I agree. Unfortunately I no longer have Shaw so I missed some pretty good games. Grand Slam starts today. TV coverage on Thursday. Hoo ray.