Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-27-16 04:10PM
Oly M. Pics is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oly M. Pics Click here to Send Oly M. Pics a Private Message Find more posts by Oly M. Pics Add Oly M. Pics to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oly M. Pics
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by guido
I'll say it one more time, when the skip is pleading/ begging with his OWN third to convince him that the rock was staying says a lot. If it was me. the rock would have been placed out of the rings and I would be drawing for 2 and feel fortunate to do so.
That's the way everyone should understand how the "gentlemen's game" is played.

100 %

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-27-16 10:34PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe
The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind

Bob Dylan - the pride of Hibbing.

Judging by the thread the answer is pissing in the wind.

05-06-16 02:31PM
hurryhard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hurryhard Click here to Send hurryhard a Private Message Find more posts by hurryhard Add hurryhard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurryhard
Harvey Hacksmasher

Thumbs up Touched rocks and events like Shuster's at the Worlds

Read "Bill's View of the World from Behind "A Pane in the Glass" about touched rocks and the event at the World's. I do think it brings another light to what curling is all about.

Think about it then respond.

05-06-16 06:34PM
curlinglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlinglove Find more posts by curlinglove Add curlinglove to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlinglove
Harvey Hacksmasher

I fully support John Shuster in the decision he made. In the same way he can't prove the rock was staying in, you can't prove the rock was going out. This is the World Men's Curling Championship. The game was a page playoff. I feel sorry Japan missed the rock and I understand it was a difficult situation, but they're are at fault. In other words, there will always be a consequence. In my mind, the situation is no different than a free throw in basketball or a penalty shot in hockey.

05-06-16 08:09PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

I would just like to know which rule you think the official applied to the situation.

05-06-16 08:25PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Fresca bs. You would not have lifted one in similar circumstances.

05-07-16 04:05AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlinglove
I fully support John Shuster in the decision he made. In the same way he can't prove the rock was staying in, you can't prove the rock was going out. This is the World Men's Curling Championship. The game was a page playoff.

^ Exactly.
What better reason to ignore that curling is supposed to be a gentleman's game than because it's a playoff game at the World Championships.
Good sportsmanship and gentlemanly behaviour dictates that when there is doubt and uncertainty over a situation - and in this case, there was obviously much doubt and uncertainty - you give your opponent the benefit of that doubt.
Apparently, though, according to you, there is no room for sportsmanship or for gentlemen when there is a lot on the line.
~ sigh ~

quote:
I feel sorry Japan missed the rock and I understand it was a difficult situation, but they're are at fault.

No, Japan is in no way at fault. The circumstance was one where the shot rebounded so fast, and the hit rock was so close to the foam border, that even if someone was standing right there ready to take action, they would have failed to prevent what happened 9 times out of 10.

quote:
In other words, there will always be a consequence. In my mind, the situation is no different than a free throw in basketball or a penalty shot in hockey.

I see no relation at all to those sports.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by On The Nose on 05-07-16 at 05:38AM

05-07-16 02:20PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

quote:

Good sportsmanship and gentlemanly behaviour dictates that when there is doubt and uncertainty over a situation - and in this case, there was obviously much doubt and uncertainty - you give your opponent the benefit of that doubt.

I totally agree.

Since there was doubt, Japan should have insisted that the USA rock remain in the rings.

Japan failed to act as gentlemen and sportsmen by not giving the USA the benefit of the uncertainty that happened through no fault of the USA.

05-07-16 02:36PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Ladies and gentlemen:
I get e-mail notifications when there's a new post on this site. May I humbly suggest that we put this thread to sleep? Nothing is going to change and nobody is likely to change his/her opinion...and even if they did, the deal is done.

Now I'll wait for my e-mail...

05-07-16 09:22PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by ngm

I totally agree.

Since there was doubt, Japan should have insisted that the USA rock remain in the rings.

Japan failed to act as gentlemen and sportsmen by not giving the USA the benefit of the uncertainty that happened through no fault of the USA.

Heh...
Except for that the onus was on the U.S.A. to make the call, not on Japan. And the U.S.A. obviously made the selfish call, rather than the sportsman-like, gentlemanly call.

Was it officially up to the U.S.A. to make the call? I don't know - but that is how it played out. At the very least, if the officials are not going to make the call themselves, they should have determined who officially gets to make the call. And whichever team gets to make the official call should have given the benefit of the doubt to their opponent.

Jim - it's quite silly to ask us to stop for your personal convenience. You decided to ask to receive alerts. You can un-decide, as well. If you don't want E mail alerts, it's obviously up to you to unsubscribe from the thread - or to simply ignore the alerts.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

05-07-16 09:58PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Noser, please don't let me stop you-a month, a year...doesn't matter at all. I just shudder to think what would have happened if this website existed back in 1972.

If you're too young to know what I'm talking about, Google "Curse of LaBonte"-we'd still be going...