Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > John Morris goes to BC, back again with Jim Cotter

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-25-16 12:45PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

John Morris goes to BC, back again with Jim Cotter

http://www.curlingzone.com/talk/?p=542

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-25-16 12:53PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Have to give some credit to Jim Cotter for doing this again. Perhaps he should buy some duct tape and present it to John. John just may get the message. John will be calling the game of course but Jim knows his limitations and capabilities throwing skip stones. Good luck guys. See you at the 2017 Brier.

Last edited by albetts on 04-25-16 at 01:51PM

04-25-16 01:44PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Why was I under the impression John was taking a year off, I was a fool :p John's competitive genes won't allow him to.
Proved to be a good fit in the Olympic season, it's a natural fit.

04-25-16 03:59PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

not surprised and a good decision. they worked great together before. if you look at jim's results at major events like the brier his best results have always come when he wasnt skipping. thats nothing against him , he just seems like someone who works better and performs better those events when the pressure of skipping is off and he can just throw throw stones. its funny because he does well on tour as a skip.

04-25-16 05:25PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up happy for jimmy and johnny

...is something big Russ would say

Good for these guys and wish them a great next season
agree with misty1 that Cotter is better without the head-game of skip.
Thats still JMo's big wish.. so they start off meeting their first needs.They will do very well together..

Dont think John's groin surgery recovery is that serious.. Is it?
So they should be able to get off to an early start

So it will be Team Morris?

04-25-16 08:35PM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Wondered who left Jim's team to make room for John? I didn't think John would be out for long. I didn't see who left Jim's team. Jim has worked hard and I would like to see him win more than he did this year

04-25-16 09:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Lovemycurling
Wondered who left Jim's team to make room for John? I didn't think John would be out for long. I didn't see who left Jim's team. Jim has worked hard and I would like to see him win more than he did this year

ryan kuhn stepped back

well this clears up the rumour that dunstone is curling with john next season..unless i missed something did it say where he was going?. i though i read thomas but im not 100%

04-25-16 09:10PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I think Jim might have asked Pat Simmons...Pat throw 3rd stones, but call the game.

Oh well. Matt Dunstone seems to be curling for Carey's coach-cheerleader Charley Thomas.

Note to ML your mailbox is full.

04-25-16 11:05PM
Squiggsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squiggsy Click here to Send Squiggsy a Private Message Find more posts by Squiggsy Add Squiggsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
i have stock cards that i send to friends that get married for a second, third, or fourth time

" i finally figured out whats wrong with you - your stupid ! "

*You're stupid!

04-25-16 11:06PM
Squiggsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squiggsy Click here to Send Squiggsy a Private Message Find more posts by Squiggsy Add Squiggsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
I think Jim might have asked Pat Simmons...Pat throw 3rd stones, but call the game.

Oh well. Matt Dunstone seems to be curling for Carey's coach-cheerleader Charley Thomas.

That was a rumour, I've only seen here on CZ. I haven't read it, or heard it, anywhere else. Gerry also posted that Dunstone is curling with three other guys in Manitoba.

04-26-16 02:21AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

^ That would seem to make more sense. Simmons is significantly more mature than Morris, and so more fit to Skip a team and keep them steady.

As I've said previously - Morris' greatest value is as a Third, with someone else Skipping.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

04-26-16 08:59AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

john is great at third but this formula worked great for them before, there's no reason it cant again.i think that, as with every team what it takes to work is everyone buying into the strategy and being comfortable with it and i never thought that pat was very happy with or bought into john's strategy but jim and the team did.

04-26-16 09:57AM
HerCurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerCurl Click here to Send HerCurl a Private Message Find more posts by HerCurl Add HerCurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerCurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

This seems to be the only team that is a good fit for JMo, and they were made better by him in the past. I think the "taking a year off" thing was a result of his having nowhere to go, with Rycroft and Thiessen finally getting to take the time off they had planned a few years ago, and Simmons knowing there was no way on earth he could listen to that nonsensical, manic jabber for yet another year. So it all worked out.

04-26-16 12:12PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
John also factored in BC is a virtual Brier auto-berth. Going to his home provinces of Alberta, Manitoba or Ontario there'd be tenacious contests for the spot. Unless he joined Laycock - Sask'n is a monopoly too - Laycock Country! Same w/ Northern Ontario.

So BC is Johnny Mo's roadmap back to the Brier. A one-trick pony province (Cotter) where the pony got himself manhandled at the Brier. Perfect fit!

After Cotter the BC landscape is full of mopes, hobos, bums, fawns, don't cares and blowhards like jamcan.

Ah, the expected gutless remark from a misogynistic wannabe.

By all means a-hole please come to BC and grace us with your magnificence. I'm sure my fellow bums, mopes, hobos, fawns and blowhards could learn tons from you.

Last edited by jamcan on 04-26-16 at 12:20PM

04-26-16 04:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

you know, for all the jabber that goes on about john on here and for all the flack he gets about switching teams you never hear from any of the teams he curled with anything but positives. the fact that so many teams have also wanted to curl with him must say something much more about him than anyone on here can.

04-26-16 04:10PM
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

quote:

yor rite - i sugested matt in a 1 wrd post basd on hm crlg wth charly in 2slms

sum1 els sugestd cotr noing the pilot was taking time off - prob costs a pilit $50k a year to crl

Sadly, this is likely your best post.

04-26-16 05:23PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
John also factored in BC is a virtual Brier auto-berth. Going to his home provinces of Alberta, Manitoba or Ontario there'd be tenacious contests for the spot. Unless he joined Laycock - Sask'n is a monopoly too - Laycock Country! Same w/ Northern Ontario.

So BC is Johnny Mo's roadmap back to the Brier. A one-trick pony province (Cotter) where the pony got himself manhandled at the Brier. Perfect fit!

After Cotter the BC landscape is full of mopes, hobos, bums, fawns, don't cares and blowhards like jamcan.

This all just sounds mean and nasty. Why would you post such a classless comment.

04-26-16 06:42PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

This all just sounds mean and nasty. Why would you post such a classless comment.

Because he thinks he's invulnerable and protected by anonymity. But on my very worst day on the ice I'm one thousand times the curler and person Legend is. His constant mean-spirited, women hating posts only betray a man who's bitterly disappointed in his own lack of curling accomplishments so he tries to bring everyone down to his level.

By the way Legend, thanks to your own recent stupidity (posting names of a bunch of old teammates and when you played with them) and the wonderful on-line archives of Winnipeg newspapers and the MCA, I know who you are. But I'm not revealing your name. It'd be giving you the attention you crave. You're just not worth it.

And don't ask me fellow CZ'ers. I'm not telling. However, if you wish to know you can follow the same clues I did.

Now, back to the thread in question. Welcome back John, looking forward to seeing you suit up again with Jim, Tyler and Sawatz.

Last edited by jamcan on 04-26-16 at 06:50PM

04-26-16 08:09PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan

Because he thinks he's invulnerable and protected by anonymity. But on my very worst day on the ice I'm one thousand times the curler and person Legend is. His constant mean-spirited, women hating posts only betray a man who's bitterly disappointed in his own lack of curling accomplishments so he tries to bring everyone down to his level.

By the way Legend, thanks to your own recent stupidity (posting names of a bunch of old teammates and when you played with them) and the wonderful on-line archives of Winnipeg newspapers and the MCA, I know who you are. But I'm not revealing your name. It'd be giving you the attention you crave. You're just not worth it.

And don't ask me fellow CZ'ers. I'm not telling. However, if you wish to know you can follow the same clues I did.

Now, back to the thread in question. Welcome back John, looking forward to seeing you suit up again with Jim, Tyler and Sawatz.

He was already named on CZ about 3 to 4yrs ago before the post was deleted.

04-27-16 01:57AM
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

He was already named on CZ about 3 to 4yrs ago before the post was deleted.

Not really. It was never confirmed and the post was deleted because of that. As it should have been. An possibly innocent person should not be accused of something without evidence. Gerry did the right thing then.

If Legend truly believed in what he writes he'd stand behind them with his name-as any real journalist does. You may not like what Paul Weicek has to say. But you have to respect that he takes full responsibility for what he says. (And before anyone states that I-like Legend-hide behind a handle know this: on multiple occasions I've had zero hesitation printing my name and won't stop doing so. I use Jamcan because it's a fun play on my name and an homage to the Prairie youth curling of my parents)

As for fresca, you're no better than Legend. And that means that I doubt either one of you will ever have the guts to step forward.

Last edited by jamcan on 04-27-16 at 02:08AM

04-27-16 09:23PM
JustAnotherHack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustAnotherHack Click here to Send JustAnotherHack a Private Message Find more posts by JustAnotherHack Add JustAnotherHack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustAnotherHack
Swing Artist

quote:
take a hike jamboy. .. it was my post that named him - he had made me mad but then i cooled down and took it down. - i have posted my nameand phone number too but there are a few creeps on here that are borderline

print your id and id give mine again .. or gerry or ml. can give mine if you sign up for the bilge you pump

if gerry makes anonymous posts illegal - i will post under my name ..

til then lets block each other. - wont miss yours

Well, the group peeing contests have begun. Yay.

I will say this though.... ML, expressing your opinions about the strength of a given province is all well and good, but being a ass about it, and yes, you were being an ass, is going to be called out and deservedly so.

Jamcan may not have done it in the best way but ML deserved a slap. We tend do to police ourselves here, and if someone is out of line... expect to get told so.

Anyway, yes, the road to the Brier may be easier in BC over AB, SK over MB and so on. But you still need to play the game, and anyone can beat anyone on a given day.

And you have to like the team you're competing with too... and by all accounts, the guys like to play and work together and have a good relationship. I'm happy to see them back and hopefully they can give all the BC teams a boost to elevate their performances... you only improve when you can play better and better competition.

04-27-16 11:08PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by JustAnotherHack

I will say this though.... ML, expressing your opinions about the strength of a given province is all well and good, but being a ass about it, and yes, you were being an ass, is going to be called out and deservedly so.

Jamcan may not have done it in the best way but ML deserved a slap. We tend do to police ourselves here, and if someone is out of line... expect to get told so.

Anyway, yes, the road to the Brier may be easier in BC over AB, SK over MB and so on. But you still need to play the game, and anyone can beat anyone on a given day.

And you have to like the team you're competing with too... and by all accounts, the guys like to play and work together and have a good relationship. I'm happy to see them back and hopefully they can give all the BC teams a boost to elevate their performances... you only improve when you can play better and better competition.

Thank you. Nicely said.

04-28-16 09:14PM
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by JustAnotherHack

Hack. I've put up with his woman hating comments, mistakes and cruel nicknames long enough. I'm passionate about the games and it's issues. And I'm not afraid to call a fool a fool.

But I don't insult the dreams and ambitions of anyone who strives to play the game, never. He does, repeatedly and with no respect whatsoever. He is the worst kind of Internet bully-attempting to portray himself as a journalist when it's nothing but mean spirited jealousy.

He's protected for now and I'll respect not giving his name. But if anyone asks I'll give the clues I found. And anyone in Manitoba with any knowledge of history will know who he is in 5 minutes.

And frankly, I wouldn't want to be him once the locals sort this out. I imagine that the Overton family might like a few words with him for starters.

Jamie Sexton, Vernon BC-THAT'S for you fresca. Let's see if you have the cojones to follow through with your post.

Last edited by jamcan on 04-28-16 at 09:35PM

04-29-16 02:41PM
JustAnotherHack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustAnotherHack Click here to Send JustAnotherHack a Private Message Find more posts by JustAnotherHack Add JustAnotherHack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustAnotherHack
Swing Artist

quote:

i blocked you but peeked anyway - i still think you are nutz and im going to keep you blocked

kelly moss. winnipeg

there would be lots less ridiculous posts if posters had to sign their names ...

I agree with you, anonymity lets people act out in ways that are inappropriate.

There is something called the Internet F****** Theory out there (a video game website called Penny Arcade came up with it over 10 years ago) that basically states:

"Normal Person" + Anonymity + Audience = Total *******

(It's also know as the online dis-inhibition effect, but I like the other name better.)

Maybe that's something that can be discussed about posting here in the future.

Jamcan/Jamie... I hear what you're saying. I may disagree with you on some/many things, but it's always been a healthy, mostly respectful and generally enlightening conversations. All I would suggest is try to refrain from dropping to ML's level... he can stick to the sewers and be a ****** if he wants, but the rest of us can be better. Most of the time.