Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-05-16 09:51PM
Kiwi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kiwi Click here to Send Kiwi a Private Message Find more posts by Kiwi Add Kiwi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kiwi
Harvey Hacksmasher

Gotta say even though I have no real idea of the horse analytics you guys are talking about, I'm loving the analysis and arguments! #DerbyZone

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-05-16 10:34PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Making my bets tomorrow. That way I won't change my mind 87 times. Such a hard year. I have 10 horses to finish third in my trifecta. Can't bet the superfecta unless they have a ten cent bet because I feel the need to press the "all" button for fourth.

Going to need some big odds to finish 2nd and 3rd to make any money. But this year could be the year that the payouts are huge if you just throw out the top 5.

My picks to win, on top of the exactor (CN) and tri - Creator, Nyquist, Mohaymen, Mor Spirit (3/13/14/17). 8 horses underneath on the exacta and then those 8 with 10 under on the tri. Can't box that many horses so just doing wheels. Probably one of those years when I hit both and lose money. Good news is I cashed in poker tourny again today so up for the week.

JH
p.s. Destin is in the mix
p.p.s. yep, three cashes this week, think I am getting the hang of this poker thing

05-06-16 02:21PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl
Making my bets tomorrow. That way I won't change my mind 87 times. Such a hard year. I have 10 horses to finish third in my trifecta. Can't bet the superfecta unless they have a ten cent bet because I feel the need to press the "all" button for fourth.

Not sure about true off track, but at Churchhill and at twinspires.com, you have $0.50 tri, and $1 supers, and $1 super-hi5s.

05-06-16 02:51PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

No .10 superfecta for the Derby.

If you aren't already signed up, check out Xpressbet or TVG for placing wagers online. They have some specials where they match your deposit...if you're going to be betting a decent amount it's worth it, the match should fund bets for The Preakness (unless you clean up on the Derby).

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

05-06-16 08:42PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

No superfecta bet for me. Big swing and a miss for Tuck in the Kentucky Oaks. Rachel's Valentina did not perform well.

The online betting options would be dangerous for me. Too easy to lose.

Need a win by Nyquist, Mor Spirit or Mohaymen. Have lots of horses underneath in the exacta and tri.

If you haven't bet yet, here is a live longshot bet. Win/place/show on Tom's Ready. Dallas Stewart has delivered a long shot (30-1+) to the money twice recently. I am considering it as a cover bet. A $10 WPS bet would return over $400 if he wins. Of course, I threw out AmPho last year so take that with a grain.

JH
glad I didn't bet the Oaks

05-07-16 12:07AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

I like to keep it relatively simple. It's worked for me in the past.

Gun Runner, Nyquist, Outwork, Mor Spirit. Exacta/Trifecta/Superfeta (all $1 boxed).

I know it would be wiser gambling-wise to do some exactas/trifectas with one on top and more underneath, and betting the super is practically a fool's bet. To each their own.

I hope Nyquist is up there but doesn't win it. Love to see him in 4th with my other three up top.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

05-07-16 08:56AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Dang JH and dang Phil...coming in here...making salient points...ruining all my fun...dang them.

I did put in the superfecta bet I posted earlier. Meh. Maybe I get lucky.

I put in a 50 cent trifecta play. I really like Destin and have him to win. I singled him (#9) on top of 2 Suddenbreakingnews, 5 Gun Runner, 8 Lani (just getting greedy for the long odds), 11 Exaggerator, 17 Mor Spirit and 18 Majesto.

It's just my guy Destin on top with pretty much every horse I like except Brody's Cause and Nyquist. I think it cost me $24. If it hits, I'm thinking it pays $2,400.

I have that Curling Zone superfecta bet and a Win bet on Destin and this trifecta play. I'm also partnered up in 3 superfecta bets.

I overdid it again this year. Next year I'll show some restraint.

Good luck to everyone that's playing. If you end up just watching, please do your old friend Tuck a favor and cheer for Destin. Do not shout GO NUMBER NINE at your television. Horses are terrible at math and don't know their numbers. Shout GO DESTIN at your TV.

Ben Tucker

05-07-16 02:34PM
ptg13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ptg13 Click here to Send ptg13 a Private Message Visit ptg13's homepage! Find more posts by ptg13 Add ptg13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ptg13
Harvey Hacksmasher

Hot tip on Bolo in the race leading up to the Derby... took a flier.

Also, an award winning horse writer - not to be confused with a horses&$^ writer (Tuck) Is telling me to box the following super: exaggerator, suddenbreakingnews, danzing crazy and outwork.

I like this play.. No one is saying Destin.. NO ONE! Doesn't mean I didn't put a flier on him in a future at +1600..

One of my fav gambling days of the year... and Im a degenerate.

https://glenmckenna.wordpress.com/

Last edited by ptg13 on 05-07-16 at 05:00PM

05-07-16 07:05PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Chalk/chalk/chalk. Son of Curlin gets second, did I bet him , NO. First, third, fourth for me. Crap.

JH
Exaggerator for the win in the Belmont

05-07-16 10:02PM
B Anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B Anderson Click here to Send B Anderson a Private Message Visit B Anderson's homepage! Find more posts by B Anderson Add B Anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B Anderson
Harvey Hacksmasher

I love watching this thread every year to watch you degenerates make fools of yourselves. ;-) :-)

-BA

05-08-16 04:20PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I'm glad you love it, BA. It's all about BA.

I was wrong about everything. I thought we had a vulnerable favorite who wouldn't get the distance. He appeared not to be vulnerable at any point and got the distance in a nice time. I thought this might be the year of huge payouts. The payouts were small to the point of being historic. I thought Todd Pletcher would have Destin primed for a huge effort off a layoff. Destin ran just OK.

In my defense, I lost hundreds of dollars. OK, that's not a great defense.

Mostly I'm pained that Nyquist won. Nothing against the colt. I just lack all respect for the owner and trainer.

Ben Tucker

05-09-16 08:07AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up safe betting wins

Betting $100 on a Nyquist- Exaggerator Exactor.. Paid $1500

why would anyone blow money on Destin..?

Preakness next.. Nyquist would be only the second horse to win a Triple Crown undefeated,.. ( Seattle Slew in 1977)