Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-13-16 11:22PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Senior and MD Worlds

It's happening far away and at year's end, but I'll still be cheering for the USA.

Seniors both got tough pools. Tabs and Cool should advance out of their pool in MD.

Ben Tucker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-14-16 08:58AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Below is the event link.

Good luck to the Norma O'Leary and Geoff Goodland teams in Sweden! Games start Friday.

http://www.worldcurling.org/wscc2016

04-14-16 04:51PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

I'm rooting for Terri & Randy (Team Canada)...

BUT

...our buddy Hans is skipping the Kiwis (more like the Kiwanadians ) and his troops have made the podium 2 of the last 3 years (he didn't compete in 2014) INCLUDING runner-up to Canada (6-4) in 2013.

...if only they'd performed the Haka...

Last edited by Jimbobogie on 04-14-16 at 04:56PM

04-16-16 06:59PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Women start 2 and 0
Men started out 2 and 0
Mixed Doubles start 1 and 0.

USA an undefeated 5 and 0 in the early going. Men and Women got seriously unlucky in Pool draw. It shouldn't matter if our teams are as good as I think they are. Both should get into the playoffs. Hopefully the playoff draw will be kinder.

Jimbo's Kiwis are...ah...nobody cares. Yes, he did a really good job with the World Women's Youtube coverage...but Jimbo still owes me a drink from the last time he was pimping the Transplanted-Canadian-Kiwi (Aussie-wannabes) Senior Men.

04-17-16 01:52PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Now a combined 7 and 0.

With the possible exception of Biterbar and a little from Guido, I'm not feeling the love. I called this year an historic one for World medals. Double silver in Juniors and bronze in Men's and I'm declaring myself dang-near-prophetic.

Keep going, USA.

Ben Tucker

04-18-16 10:50AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Now a combined 9 and 0. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Ben Tucker (unabashed USA Curling fan and cheering for Big Daddy, former Britney Spears backup dancer)

04-18-16 12:33PM
BDure is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BDure Click here to Send BDure a Private Message Visit BDure's homepage! Find more posts by BDure Add BDure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BDure
Harvey Hacksmasher

U.S. senior men were cruising against Latvia but suddenly gave up a 6-ender? What happened?

04-18-16 02:41PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

CURLING happened!

04-18-16 05:55PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

The Latvians must have a few "Imports", eh?

Watch out for the Kiwis!

Last edited by Jimbobogie on 04-18-16 at 06:00PM

04-18-16 07:46PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tuck

With the possible exception of Biterbar and a little from Guido, I'm not feeling the love.

Ben Tucker

You said it in your Derby post: "I can't wait for the curling season to be over." For most of us, it already is so we are not even thinking about curling anymore and with scores not being posted on CZ, the championships are out of sight and out of mind.

04-19-16 12:05AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Yeah, dbs, I was more talking about showing a little love to your ol' buddy Tuck.

Years of predicting medals for the USA, I hit it pretty good this year. With our combined Senior/MD record at 10 and 1, these American curlers are making me look smart...no easy feat.

A good year for predictions. I hope it carries over into The Derby.

I also hope that SOMEBODY is paying attention to Mixed Doubles. I may not like that it is an Olympic Medal Sport, but it is and we need to be taking this stuff seriously.

The best part of Mixed Doubles so far, in my humble opinion, is that Karma seems to take notice. I love that one Mixed-Doubles-Denouncer, Dean Gemmell, had to play it in the Continental Cup and did quite well at it. Then another Mixed-Doubles-Denouncer, Joe "Cool" Polo (who thinks that curling without real sweeping isn't curling), is now at Worlds.

Maybe our lagging interest in curling will pick up if a couple of our teams make the playoffs. GO NORMA! And, as usual, interest is always higher here at home when any Worlds is played in North American timezones.

Ben Tucker

04-19-16 08:50AM
biterbar
Drawmaster

Big game starting now against the undefeated Swiss for Goodland and company. Had a bad end against Latvia, need to shake it off today.

http://www.worldcurling.org/wscc2016/livescores

I have the ability to golf, fish, turkey hunt AND still pay attention to curling well into April.

Watched Polo and Petersen yesterday on YouTube. Although I don't think a lot of the Mixed Doubles in general, those two play a high level game (at least compared to Austria and Israel) and can go far in this championship.

USA win's the hammer 107 to 190 (cm). Go USA!

04-19-16 11:50AM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

Goodland steals in EE to win 5-4 over the Swiss!

04-19-16 11:53AM
biterbar
Drawmaster

Big comeback win, two in the eighth and a steal in the ninth!

Log jam in first with USA, Scotland, Germany and Switzerland at 1 loss. Goodland with wins over Scotland and Switzerland should guarantee themselves a spot in the playoffs with a win over Germany tomorrow.

Norma is undefeated and plays Germany soon and can guarantee no worse than a 2-3 playoff game with a win.

04-20-16 10:37AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Combined 16 and 2. This is fun.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Mixed Doubles is an Olympic sport.

Ben Tucker

04-20-16 12:46PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Combined 16 and 2. This is fun.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Mixed Doubles is an Olympic sport.

Ben Tucker

And rhythmic gymnastics is an Olympic sport too. Some things will never make sense.

04-20-16 02:40PM
chinabar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chinabar Find more posts by chinabar Add chinabar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chinabar
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs

And rhythmic gymnastics is an Olympic sport too. Some things will never make sense.

Pretty sad when watching a twirling ribbon is the hi-lite of an olympic sport. Hair-dos' will be the hi-lite when it comes to the great "olympic sport" of mixed doubles. Mike Mcewen will surely medal!

Last edited by chinabar on 04-20-16 at 03:00PM

04-21-16 11:41AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Combined 18 and 2. Playoffs for everyone.

I like that Joe Cool is there and playing well. He's a smart cookie. If we can get him to share what he is learning, it could move us towards the Olympic podium. Plus, Karma is kicking him in the balls with a curling variant he doesn't really care for and that amuses me...and it's all about amusing Tuck.

Ben Tucker

04-22-16 08:35AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

NO!!! Norma loses the tiebreaker to Germany! Still, another playoff appearance by our USA in this, a really good year.

Cool and Tabs advance into the gigantic MD playoff field. Senior Men are in the quarterfinals.

Ben Tucker

04-22-16 11:55AM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

Not sure, but I believe that by making the mixed doubles quarterfinals USA wins some 2018 Olympics qualifying points. Can somebody explain how that works?

04-22-16 01:06PM
BobbyS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BobbyS Click here to Send BobbyS a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyS Add BobbyS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BobbyS
Harvey Hacksmasher

The top 12 teams get points
1st - 14
2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th - 9
... (Each lower spot gets 1 fewer point than the team higher than them)
12th - 1

Since for the Olympics, Great Britain competes as one entity, Scotland is designated as collecting point for their National Olympic Committee.

04-22-16 02:54PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

Decent commanding win (from the look of the scoreboard) by the US to get into the semi-finals for MD.

Should be safe for Olympic Qualification with at least a top 4 finish.

04-22-16 07:55PM
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

I'm glad I didn't bet on the Seniors:

Men's Quarter-Finals:

Canada 4, Scotland 3
Denmark 5, USA 4-are the Danes becoming the new Swiss???
Sweden 10, Norway 4
Ireland 5, New Zealand 4-Hans was light with the winning draw...but IRELAND!!!???

WOMEN'S QUARTER-FINALS (England-seriously and Scotland got byes)

Germany 6, Canada 4
Sweden 8, Switzerland 2

04-23-16 08:38AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Tabs and Cool drop the semifinal and now play for bronze. Oddly, I find myself caring very much.

Jimbo, we are the new Swiss. We're not there yet (the Swiss are so deep), but we're coming.

Ben Tucker

04-23-16 10:35PM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

Well done Joe and Tabitha. Congratulations on the bronze medal and 10 valuable Olympic qualifying points!