Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 16 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-29-15 09:47AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

regions starting in ontario soon

predictions for who gets out?

region 1 - greg balsdon, colin down. reserve pick: ryan mccrady

region 2 - glenn howard, jake walker. reserve pick: mike harris

region 3 - richard krell, jon st.denis. reserve pick: sory hegestad

region 4 - scott bailey, mark bice. reserve pick: wayne tuck jr.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-29-15 03:20PM
Curlerfan2003 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlerfan2003 Click here to Send Curlerfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Curlerfan2003 Add Curlerfan2003 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlerfan2003
Harvey Hacksmasher

Region 1:Colin Dow and Greg Balsdon; Reserve: McLean

Region 2:Glenn Howard and Scott McDonald; Reserve: Walker

Region 3:Dayna Duerelle and St Denis; Reserve Krell

Region 4:Scott Bailey and Brent Ross; Reserve; Bice

Regions are always interesting, Good Luck Boys!

Last edited by Curlerfan2003 on 12-29-15 at 04:46PM

12-29-15 06:01PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks

Vintage Kleibrink... 2005 Oly Trials Final - vs Scott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3B...f1twyMTEyMjAxNQ

---------------

Over the years ive read Renee Simons being assigned blame for that loss when her 2nd shot in the 10th end was light and not in the house and giving a Kleibrink a guard and it was a mistake but Sasha Carter rolling out on her 1st shot and Kelly Scott not being able to make a freeze attempt on her 1st shot and taking away the end were killers..

Actually after Renne Simons last shot in the 10th end the next 6 shots were all half shots a bit of a meltdown from the Scott team I wonder 10 years later how much the members of the Scott team think about that game and how it got away from them

12-29-15 09:23PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

For what it's worth Mike Harris did blame Renee for the start of the momentum swing in that 10th end..

So I see in Region 2 Its Glenn Howard and Jake Walker and Mike Harris If Glenn cant come out of that region he really has taken quite the fall... Would be incredible if it was 2 straight years he couldn't get to provincials

12-30-15 12:26PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Team Howard

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World

So I see in Region 2 Its Glenn Howard and Jake Walker and Mike Harris If Glenn cant come out of that region he really has taken quite the fall... Would be incredible if it was 2 straight years he couldn't get to provincials

Losing Brent Laing and Wayne Middaugh last year had a lot to do with it..

Howard will win his Region AND Ontario.. just too much winning in everyone's blood on that great team..

12-30-15 04:11PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

Team Howard

I don't know...having watched Glenn, Wayne and Richard Hart in these past grand slams, their game is just not there. Changing of guard

12-30-15 05:33PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

first junior result in.

Upset in PEI junior mens final. Matthew Maclean defeats Tyler smith 6-3 in the final

katie fullerton wins the womens final

12-30-15 05:46PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Team Howard

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

have a more difficult time with the other zone winners, especially Mr. Epping.

Ontario is done with zones they are now in the regional part..And Mr Epping does not have to participate in Regionals

12-30-15 07:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

huge upset in New Brunswick juniors as Rene Comeau doesnt even make the playoffs

12-31-15 01:33PM
SooCurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SooCurler Click here to Send SooCurler a Private Message Find more posts by SooCurler Add SooCurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SooCurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Team Howard

quote:

Losing Brent Laing and Wayne Middaugh last year had a lot to do with it..

Howard will win his Region AND Ontario.. just too much winning in everyone's blood on that great team..

Glenn Howard performance this year:

2nd at StuSells
3rd at the Shorty Jenkins
3rd at the National
5th at the Tour Challenge

Hasn't placed in an event since the National

No other finishes this year.

Epping this year:

1st at the Meridan
3rd at the Canada Cup
3rd at the National
5th at the Shorty Jenkins
5th at the Challenge Chateau Cartier

Have been steadily improving while Howard has stalled.

I think you are bit optimistic thinking Howard will win Ontario.

12-31-15 02:53PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

: Team Howard

quote:
Originally posted by SooCurler
I think you are bit optimistic thinking Howard will win Ontario.
I guess the Optimism is all mine

Epping is at a disadvantage sitting thru Regionals..
thats where the Howard boys will iron out their chemistry..

12-31-15 04:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

mary fay wins the junior provincial title for the 3rd year in a row in Nova Scotia

matthew manuel wins the mens title

so provincial junior champions known so far:

Men:

Nova Scotia - matthew manuel
Prince Edward Island - matthew maclean
New Brunswick - alex robichaud

Women:

Nova Scotia - mary fay
New Brunswick - justine comeau
Prince edward island - katie fullerton

Last edited by misty1 on 12-31-15 at 04:42PM

12-31-15 04:05PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

re: Team Howard

I don't imagine Team Epping will be just sitting around when Team Howard and others are playing in the Regionals, I would think they will be playing in other bonspiels or training.

12-31-15 04:20PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Team Epping

Sure.. they are playing tomorrow in the Asham US Open In Blaine
just a money event
Team Howard are playing ON Regionals for another Brier shot..

12-31-15 04:54PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Rich Hart - Olympic Silver Medallist

47 years old.., 13 years with Glenn...Team Homan's coach..
one of the smartest, funniest curlers around..
stepped down from third to allow Middaugh and Howard to pick up where they left off a coupla seasons ago..

Glenn is 53 but add the spark of playing alongside his son, Scott and the Vet's drive of the whole team.....

It will all depend on the depth of the desire to win...

I put my money on the Howard consistency and deep experience at all levels....
way ahead of Epping's sometimes over-doing his exuberance and risk-taking..

Last edited by HotRocks on 12-31-15 at 10:11PM

12-31-15 05:24PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Rich Hart - Olympic Silver Medallist

quote:
47 years old.., 13 years with Glenn...Team Homan's coach..
one of the smartest, funniest curlers around..
stepped down from third ( again) to allow Middaugh and Howard to pick up where they left off a coupla seasons ago..

Glenn is 54 but add the spark of playing alongside his son, Scott and the Vet's drive of the whole team.....

It will all depend on the depth of the desire to win...

I put my money on the Howard consistency and deep experience at all levels....
way ahead of Epping's sometimes over-doing his exuberance and risk-taking..

you certainly seem to have a soft spot for glenn and the team. I think we can all agree that when he's on he's biggest obstacle to epping and its not impossible that he wins , it would be foolish to write him off.

however, having said that he hasnt looked that great for any extended period of time for 2 seasons now. keep in mind there's not just epping he has to worry about. everyone is acting like its all about howard and epping but there are some other very good teams that will have a say.

im thinking that glenn will have to finish in the 1 v.s 2 game to have any kind of shot at this.

12-31-15 10:04PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Soft spot in my head..

Glenn and Team have to win 3 games to get The A spot to the Provincials..
I think they can do it

01-01-16 07:56AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Soft spot in my head..

quote:
Glenn and Team have to win 3 games to get The A spot to the Provincials..
I think they can do it

i never said they wouldnt qualify

01-01-16 09:42AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Gotta Laugh

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Everything all-in, I don't think there's ever been a team with 3 guys around 50 to play at such a high level. (ie. Glenn at 54, Wayne at 49, Hart at 48. [/B]

Glenn is 53, Wayne is 48 and Hart 47 ( why do you Add years on some ?)

All the list of people you mention were in an era when fitness and hard practice werent all that important.. like now.. making age a little less important..

Also.. ( my point)...there were basically two or 3 Top curlers ( Martin - Ferbey-Howard)...always winning...

Now There is wide range of talent across Canada and the world..
Howard ran into a hot Gushue this year.. Mike McEwen owned the GSOC
and if one looks at the Slam results Glenn was sniffing around the edges.. still competitive...

There isn't one Mens or Women's team that cant lose any game...
We shall see if this Team can run the table...get to the Brier and hold their own...

Bottom line.. it's their game.. I just prefer them to Epping (32) and a very very thin record of accomplishments..

Last edited by HotRocks on 01-01-16 at 10:19AM

01-01-16 10:28AM
SooCurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SooCurler Click here to Send SooCurler a Private Message Find more posts by SooCurler Add SooCurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SooCurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Team Epping

quote:
Sure.. they are playing tomorrow in the Asham US Open In Blaine
just a money event
Team Howard are playing ON Regionals for another Brier shot..

The competition at the US Open is leagues above Region 2.... If you think region play is going to prep a team better than a cash spiel with teams like Epping, Laycock, Carruthers, Casey, Shuster than I highly question your objectivity.

01-01-16 10:30AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Re: Team Epping

quote:
Originally posted by SooCurler
The competition at the US Open is leagues above Region 2.... If you think region play is going to prep a team better than a cash spiel with teams like Epping, Laycock, Carruthers, Casey, Shuster than I highly question your objectivity.

Question all you want.. my point was to do with Motivation to win...

A small $7000 winning purse or a drive to a 16th Brier for Glenn..

Last edited by HotRocks on 01-01-16 at 10:42AM

01-01-16 11:03AM
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

Team Howard is still trying to qualify to play in the provincials. Team Epping and all the others playing in the US Open also have byes to their provinicals...

01-01-16 12:32PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Question huh

We all know that.. difference is..
Howard is in the drive to a Provincial.. not playing in some meaningless ( coupla CTRS pts) event on the west coast..

I dont think "getting a bye to Provincials"..
is really an advantage..

(BTW: there are 10 Cdn teams in Blaine.. who besides Epping and maybe Carruthers have a bye to their provincials ? )

Last edited by HotRocks on 01-01-16 at 12:49PM

01-01-16 02:37PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Re: huh

quote:
We all know that.. difference is..
Howard is in the drive to a Provincial.. not playing in some meaningless ( coupla CTRS pts) event on the west coast..

I dont think "getting a bye to Provincials"..
is really an advantage..

(BTW: there are 10 Cdn teams in Blaine.. who besides Epping and maybe Carruthers have a bye to their provincials ? )

Laycock I would imagine.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

01-01-16 03:04PM
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

re: huh

I guess we will just have to wait and see no sense in getting huffy about it