Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Johnny Mo joins Cotter

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 10 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-24-13 11:36PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I am thinking that Kevin may not be looking for a third, Marc Kennedy has all the shots, he and Ben may move up and he brings in a new young horse to play lead. As for John, I hope he lands someplace that allows him to continue to compete. he is a great player and brings something special to the game.

This is the most logical i think, although replacing the third may be easier.

No way is Richard Hart moving to Alberta.

I don't see Koe replacing Simmons either, unless Simmons wants to move back to Sask.

Last edited by radiowave on 04-24-13 at 11:39PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-25-13 12:59AM
dewd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dewd Click here to Send dewd a Private Message Find more posts by dewd Add dewd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dewd
Harvey Hacksmasher

While Marc moving to third wouldn't really surprise me, there is no way Ben moves up to second on this team (at least, in my opinion). Given the way Ben & Marc work together, it seems to me most likely that they stay where they are.

04-25-13 03:53AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by chapnlie

I can see why this poster didn't sign his name..

like the phone book is full of chap n lie s

- i am pretty sure there is a plan for morris ( or martin) .. howard is certainly one of the favorites - what are you smoking suggesting i am suggesting howard fire someone - next you will be suggesting that martin team fired morris for being a pain - - and morris was not that great skipping when kevin had the hernia operation so hes probably the only one that thinks the odds are better of him winning as a new skip on a pre trial qualifier

john hasnt many options - join howard , stoughton, koe, epping or mcewen -- for a good chance at winning roar
or
gushue and have a chance at qualifying --
or
one of jacobs cotter fowler kean laycock frans menard balsdon cocchrane rumfeldt higgs --

things must be pretty bad for the martin team to make this decision ...and odds are good that sochi will not produce gold anyway based on the " its about that time theory " -- sochi aint vancouver either - more like italy with no curlers in the crowd.. lousy food , tight security with chechnya bad guys .. and who knows - they might cancel it altogether based on theory that if "something can go wrong - it will"

til someone blabs part 2 - how did sportsnet get the scoop ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-25-13 04:16AM
Unregistered

is it true morris wasnt changing with the team at the brier - was changing with the opposition ?

04-25-13 04:28AM
Unregistered

morris press conference in calgary friday

martin conference in edm friday - guess heather babysits friday or kev takes his son karrick

mike johnson at sportsnet is the only one with decent info

and i thought curling ended sunday at the players

04-25-13 04:48AM
Unregistered

must be only women posters on curlingzone - all men get up 3x a night .. was hoping to chat about this ... woke up my wife to tell her the latest - she asked me if i liked " sex and travel" .. guess she wants to take a trip

04-25-13 08:55AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
If I were Pat Simmons, I'd start looking at houses back in Sask. John would b a perfect fit on that team. Koe would become the favourites at the trials.

Do you really think he left sk?

04-25-13 09:25AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Brendan Bottcher, perhaps?

04-25-13 09:39AM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
If Martin has to bring an Alberta curler on board what about Kevin Park?

Not going to happen.

04-25-13 09:43AM
Unregistered

He doesn't have to bring an Alberta curler on board for the Olympic Trials. There are no residency rules for that (except for Canadian residency rules).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 64.4.68.42

04-25-13 10:06AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Gushue is the big wild card as he's been tampering with lineups for nearly a decade. And Martin knows he's the best player out there. (if available)

Are you really saying Gushue is the best player out there?
Give your head a shake and maybe you will remember that the Gold medal was thanks to a guy named Howard.

04-25-13 10:09AM
Unregistered

FERBEY

That would be priceless

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 83.100.214.97

04-25-13 10:23AM
Duck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duck Click here to Send Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Duck Add Duck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duck
Swing Artist

quote:
If I were Pat Simmons, I'd start looking at houses back in Sask. John would b a perfect fit on that team. Koe would become the favourites at the trials.

This "perfect" fit has been tried once before and you could see a disconnect between John and Kevin right from the beginning.

I would have to guess that John has a team set up where he will be skipping as that is where his heart (and head) is. And it would be a team with enough points to at least get to the pre-trials.

As for filling the hole, the first name that popped into my mind was Nedohin. However, as much fun as this is, everything is purely speculation and gossip on our part.

We will know everything when the teams are ready for us to know.

04-25-13 11:11AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by duct_tape

There's no way Gushue is jumping ship to go curl with Martin. Not only does Gushue already have his own pretrials spot with a team capable of making it through the pretrials, I can't see Gushue being a good fit with this team at all.

My bet is they bring in someone local. Nedohin would be the obvious first choice to call. He threw vice a couple times for Ulsrud this year and played pretty well.... Plus he's played on the world stage, made the shots and knows what it takes. Blake MacDonald is another possibility. Rich Hart is an interesting idea, but I'd call that an extreme longshot.

For the nostalgia pick we could go for Donny Walchuk, just because Don Walchuk kicks ass and we miss seeing him on TV! :-)

Nedohin and Ferbey both HATE martin and the feeling is quite obviously mutual. You can see the animosity between them when they step on the ice. People can dream about it all they want but hell will freeze over before kevin martin teams up with randy ferbey or david nedohin

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

04-25-13 11:13AM
Unregistered

quote:
Rumours are flying that it is Gushue that may have made a deal... not sure folks at all but who knows... Epping replacing Colin Mitchell could also be a rumour, and Epping and Bailey take one step down? Mathers then plays second and Bailey goes back to lead... Epping vicing for Morris.... Just saying anything is possible... it is silly season...

No way in hell Brad Gushue is teaming up with kevin..I just dont see it.

If John moves back to Ontario I could see him and Epping as a partnership working out REALLy well but I could also see it being a disaster. Both of them are very intense so ..as I said it could work well or they could flame out

04-25-13 11:17AM
Unregistered

quote:
SHOCKA, SHOCKA

BETA BLOCKA....

PS. Would Brad Gushue please report to the K-Mart Centre in Edmonton, Brad Gushue.....

I suspect Gushue will forego his spot at the pre-trials in Kitchener and take Johnny Mo's position.....

The other deal is Martin says to Goo - 'Go try for your own spot at the pre-trials but if you don't make it, you're curling with me!'

However, thats pretty ruddy as both guys need some certainty in the equation and that wouldn't happen (training purposes, etc.) if too many options were available.

Gushue would be my first choice.

Ryan Fry would be my second.

(remember, I'm picking from teams currently without a ROAR RESERVATION)

Other men who could put in a good showing but I don't think are in the Johnny Mo percentile: Rob Fowler, Sean Grassie, Lefty the Crocodile Hunter from Team McNamee, David Nedohin.

And now, OUT OF THE F'N BLUE TWO SEMI-RETIRED NAMES EMERGE - Blake McDonald or Glenny Howard's prior 3rd man Richard Hart.

In conclusion - 90% sure its gonna be Hart or Gushue. Still time to train and get some spiels in....

People are naming guys that just dont make sense.

David nedohin will never, ever curl voluntarily with kevin martin, I dont even think an olympic trials lure would be enough of a temptation. Besides, Kevin wants a level of commitment that I dont think david is ready to give anymore

Same thing goes for Richard Hart. He's retired, he's enjoying it and I dont think he's ready to go hard as kevin would require..there's also the fact that Richard has said before he played 3rd for Glenn for so long that he could not invision playing for anyone else.

The suggestion that Brad gushue or ryan fry would jump ship to kevin martin are assinine. Brad Gushue has a great team with him already and should get to the trials anyway. Ryan fry is on the team that won the brier and , again should make the trials anyway...Why dont you try thinking before you post some of your crap?

04-25-13 11:21AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
Brendan Bottcher, perhaps?

I could see that as a possibility. Kevin's choices are extremely limited because all of the prime choices have solid teams right now and all of them have either trials spots locked up or virtually locked up. The best possibility would probably be blake mcdonald but I dont know how those 2 would mesh.

Moving marc up to 3rd, and mentoring a youth could be the way he'll go but knowing kevin he'll look for a veteran, someone with experience.

04-25-13 11:32AM
Unregistered

quote:

Simmons & Koe have been pretty good last few years. However, last year they were a bit off - even let the damaged Martinettes TKO them in the Alberta Tankards.

The Alberta tankard finals came down to the final shot. You're clueless..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.20.51.134

04-25-13 11:46AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Mark Kennedy has said apparently said that they did approach David Nedohin to replace John Morris and he turned them down. Definately not unexpected.

As it has been said hell would freeze over before Nedohin would curl for Kevin Martin..I am just surprised they even approached him

04-25-13 11:55AM
Unregistered

Blake MacDonald or Pat Simmons.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.222.31.122

04-25-13 12:06PM
Unregistered

Amidst all this wild speculation, one thing is certain-it must have gotten pretty bad between M&M for this to happen.

Many teams would kill to have the 'off year' these guys had. And no one in their right mind walks away from a trials berth. Politically correct comments on the CCA site aside, when the real story sees light (as it usually does after one of the parties has a few wobbly pops) this was probably a personality clash.

Martin will have his pick of players, they're too many to even venture a guess. But its a safe bet his deal is already done and will be announced Friday-if not leaked out before then.

Morris will also land nicely and likely on a team with at least a pre-trials berth.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.121.225.164

04-25-13 12:09PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

possibilities for Martin:

Virtue for the trials.
Walchuk makes one last run.
Mark Johnson plays for a year.
MacDonald
Lures Simmons

Possibilities for Morris:
Make his own team with 3 youngsters
Joins Koe
Goes to Ont. but joins with his old 3rd Frans. (2nd to howard this year)
Takes a year off. moves to Ont. and joins with Frans, Laing, Savill after Howard amd Middaugh announce their retirement.

04-25-13 12:17PM
Unregistered

quote:
Amidst all this wild speculation, one thing is certain-it must have gotten pretty bad between M&M for this to happen.

Many teams would kill to have the 'off year' these guys had. And no one in their right mind walks away from a trials berth. Politically correct comments on the CCA site aside, when the real story sees light (as it usually does after one of the parties has a few wobbly pops) this was probably a personality clash.

Martin will have his pick of players, they're too many to even venture a guess. But its a safe bet his deal is already done and will be announced Friday-if not leaked out before then.

Morris will also land nicely and likely on a team with at least a pre-trials berth.

well apparently someone already has

04-25-13 12:18PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by guido
possibilities for Martin:

Virtue for the trials.
Walchuk makes one last run.
Mark Johnson plays for a year.
MacDonald
Lures Simmons

Possibilities for Morris:
Make his own team with 3 youngsters
Joins Koe
Goes to Ont. but joins with his old 3rd Frans. (2nd to howard this year)
Takes a year off. moves to Ont. and joins with Frans, Laing, Savill after Howard amd Middaugh announce their retirement.

I dont know if, after all the crap he went through and criticism he suffered if Brock would leave his team and go back to Alberta even if it is to curl with Kevin.

I wonder if he might give Charley Thomas a thought

04-25-13 12:29PM
Marc Bernard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Bernard Visit Marc Bernard's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Bernard Add Marc Bernard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marc Bernard
Hitting Paint

How about bringing Donnie "Plenty of weight!" B. back to throw lead and hold the broom for Kevin?