Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 4 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-26-15 12:11AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Worlds 2015

I thought we could use a thread cheering on our various teams at World competition.

The Juniors start this weekend. Here's a link
http://wjcc2015.curlingevents.com/schedule

Our wheelies already had Worlds. They started out great and even had a win over Canada. I was hoping somebody would start a thread. I always seem to be the cheerleader. Late fade kept us off the medal stand. Still, successful enough to move us up one spot on the WCF multi-year standings into 5th place. Well done.

World University Games are also completed. Dropkin The Elder started out with a big upset of a very good Canadian team. Lots of tight losses followed. Great to see the boys show some true character and finish strong. They got back to the middle of the standings at the end.

I think our Junior Girls have the best chance to medal of all our teams although I'm also liking Face Shuster's chances. Actually, I kinda like the Junior Girls' chances of bringing home the gold. Coolest of the cool would be if our teenagers could bring back a medal from World Mixed Doubles.

Ben Tucker
USA USA USA

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-26-15 02:45AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

I really like the girls chances in the juniors, although Canada and Sweden will provide very formidable opposition.

I will say about the World Men's, there are no dogs anymore. Even Finland and Italy can play. However, Scotland and Switzerland will not be sending their best teams in my opinion. Canada, Sweden and Norway will be favourites as usual, but Shuster can hang with most teams there.

02-26-15 07:58AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

I like our Junior Girl's chances a lot.

Shuster's been playing with fire and passion this year, I think he breaks through, barring weirdness. Gold may be a stretch, but I think he'll be there in the mix when Page happens.

Unfortunately, I think our selection process has given us a Women's team that peaked back in November and has lost their edge...I'm happy there's no OQP's on the line this year, and I hope they prove me wrong.

The Junior Boy's team...hard read...they caught the magic bullet at Junior Nationals to get past the HPP team, and built a strong case to be the HPP team next season (or at least in the mix)...they're good, are they good enough? Hell...it's Juniors, who really knows?

02-26-15 11:11AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

world junior men - its a hard field to read this year. canada and switzerland are the 2 favorites. i dont know much about scotland but they made it to 3rd in the scottish mens championships. you never know what youll get with russia and italy has only 2 of the members that finished 5th last year on it. korea always seems dangerous at this level. i think the men will need some help to get a medal here.

jr women - its a pretty weak field this year. sweden, canada and the US are favorites.

men - dont know the whole field yet but think it wont matter john should be there in some capacity at the end.

women - russia, canada, scotland and sweden stand out from everyone. its hard to see the US getting a medal here.

mixed - dont know to much yet but hungary, sweden, czech republic and switzerland will probably be the 4 teams to beat again.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-26-15 at 11:29AM

02-26-15 01:50PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

Good coverage from this tournament starting at 07:00 Eastern time Saturday 28 Feb 2015:

http://wjcc2015.curlingevents.com/schedule

Coverage on You-tube normally provides excellent reception.

02-26-15 02:57PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

World Men - Shuster has played well this year, was best team at nationals. Maybe qualify for playoffs?

World Men - like Alan wrote, good thing no OQP on the line

Junior Men - don't think they were the best team at Jr Nationals and I fear their performance at Worlds will be closer to their performance at Mens Nationals than at Jr Nats

Junior Women - solid team, would be nice to see a medal

Mixed Doubles -- absolutely no interest in this event

02-26-15 04:06PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

OUCH! dbsdbs being a bit blunt on the Mixed Doubles!

Normally, I would share his sentiment. Plus, this is a public forum as much as Geurtzie allows it to be; so stating one's opinions is just dang fine...I think. Let's just hope dbsdbs doesn't drone on and on about it like the whole "Nationals don't mean as much so I don't care" thing. Get real: Tuck has the patent on repeating the same point ad nausem.

My excitement over Mixed Doubles is the possible (probable?) Coolness Factor. Exactly how cool would it be for a couple of American teenagers to medal at Worlds? A couple of teenagers who are madly in love with each other? A couple of teenagers who are extremely nice kids? A couple of teenagers who are stupid talented?

Think we could market some of that?

By the way, the "possible" is indeed "probable". These kids can really play.

Ben Tucker
never defended Mixed Doubles before in my entire life

02-26-15 04:14PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

PS Speaking of marketing, it doesn't hurt that both of our Mixed Doubles players are cute as kittens. As far as that goes, it's just a matter of time before the Tiny Terrorists are the face of USA curling. They are very well mannered, very smart, very talented, very cute and THEY ARE TWINS. I don't know what kind of spokesperson marketers dream about, but the Terrorists have to be about an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10.

02-26-15 05:29PM
americancurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for americancurler Click here to Send americancurler a Private Message Find more posts by americancurler Add americancurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
americancurler
Knee-Slider

The junior men going to worlds poor performance at nationals does have some explanation. From what I understand their skipper Ethan Meyers got sick near the beginning of the week and was even seen leaving the ice to find the nearest bathroom. This lead to a few games being played with 3 which may work on Tuesday night league, but not at nationals.

02-28-15 02:44PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

rough start for the US at worlds and it doesnt look to be set up for a good day tomorrow.

men play norway and canada. they need to win one of those or their playoff hopes become pretty bleak with more tough games to come.

women play just once but they play canada. lost to russia today on a steal in an extra but from the line score couldnt get anything going except for the 5th end.

0-2 isnt terrible for them because aside from sweden there isnt anyone else left that they shouldnt go against as favorites

03-01-15 02:52AM
MCC_PE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MCC_PE Click here to Send MCC_PE a Private Message Find more posts by MCC_PE Add MCC_PE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCC_PE
Hitting Paint

It only took one game to make a lineup change for the US Junior Men? I know some are going to say they were surprised it took so long for the HPP coaches to make a move...

03-01-15 09:40AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

usa girls drop the game to canada. looked on graphics like cory was trying a hit by a guard and could have maybe scored 3 in the 9th but she wrecked and gave a steal of 2 and they shook.

so 0-2 start.not great but, like i said there really is only sweden left that they wont be favorites against so they should still be okay

03-01-15 10:07AM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

^youre correct. it was close looking if the double was there for three but in the situation you had to call it, it was the only way to even get two and being down 1 without in the tenth is pretty much a loss anyway. The ice call was suspect the broom was almost on the edge of the guard, the ice was straight but not that straight.

03-01-15 10:08AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Dang, I wish we could bet on Junior curling without being totally amoral. With the 0 and 2 start, I could get 20 to 1 on our girls and their remaining schedule is not difficult. If anybody wants to give me 2 to 1 on the girls getting a medal, get ahold of me. I don't have much money but there has to be some in the couch cushions or maybe Kris will leave her purse unguarded.

Lineup change after one game for the boys? I guess Derek The Scot is taking the threat of World Junior Relegation very seriously. I hope it was handled well and everybody was onboard with the change. Being friends and having mutual respect sure helps.

Ben Tucker

03-01-15 10:24AM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

I'd book you at 2:1 the ladies medal. I'd also book 5:1 that Christensen does not skip all 9 games

03-01-15 02:03PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i wonder how long they keep korey skipping. if he loses today to canada does he get benched again?

03-01-15 02:03PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i wonder how long they keep korey in the line up if he loses today to canada does he get benched again?

Last edited by misty1 on 03-01-15 at 02:20PM

03-01-15 02:08PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

Is there some confusion regarding Cory (girl) and Korey (male)? It seems that Meyers is skipping against Canada. Has there been lineup changes already with the girls (or boys)?

03-01-15 02:12PM
Deez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deez Click here to Send Deez a Private Message Find more posts by Deez Add Deez to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deez
Harvey Hacksmasher

How long until, Derek Brown changes the lineup at Worlds and the entire team refuses to go out? I could understand if we were showing marked improvement after a lineup change has made. However, it has been shown to be a universally ill advised move.

03-01-15 02:19PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

the men are playing dangerously here. guarding shot rock while canada sits second. its worked out so far but all it takes is one mistake and canada has a shot for 2 and its game over

03-01-15 02:39PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

Yes, that's brilliance, making lineup changes... Thanks USCA... #USCAfail

03-01-15 02:42PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

so men fall to canada. put up a great fight though

03-01-15 03:00PM
fanofcurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fanofcurling Click here to Send fanofcurling a Private Message Find more posts by fanofcurling Add fanofcurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fanofcurling
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by tuck

Lineup change after one game for the boys? I guess Derek The Scot is taking the threat of World Junior Relegation very seriously. I hope it was handled well and everybody was onboard with the change. Being friends and having mutual respect sure helps.

Ben Tucker

Are you working under the assumption that Team USA is better off with Dropkin throwing last rocks? The HPP staff clearly don't see any value in team chemistry in this sport. I think they actually think you can put any players together in any combination at any time and..... win? Even IF they do win... the bigger lesson they are teaching all future junior curlers is that no matter what you do and achieve the HPP staff will always do whatever they want in the end to your team. OR they won't give you any opportunity at all... This lesson serves the future of junior curling well....(sarcasim)

03-01-15 03:08PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

what i think is important here is that, from what i got from the interview ethan gave he was okay with korey coming on board. now , i have no reason to believe he's only being pc.

03-01-15 03:41PM
Deez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deez Click here to Send Deez a Private Message Find more posts by Deez Add Deez to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deez
Harvey Hacksmasher

Korey Dropkin is the USCA's chosen horse. He is our equivalent of David Murdoch. What they didn't show was the sniper bead on Ethan just off camera. I don't begrudge the direction the USCA is moving with High Performance, but they have proven time and time again that they themselves are incapable of executing any plan they theorize. Also, the ESPN3/TSN coverage has been excellent. I wonder how much money we could extract from ABC/Disney? If its greater/equal to the amount the USOC/NBC is giving us than I say we cut bait. NBC has been a media laughingstock for a decade now. Why hitch ourselves to a sinking ship?