Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-06-13 02:46AM
Curlrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlrock Click here to Send Curlrock a Private Message Find more posts by Curlrock Add Curlrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlrock
Harvey Hacksmasher

In the big picture isn't this really the best thing for US curling. I like the idea of having to play more International games. Don't get me wrong the goal was to qualify, but the experience is great. I know the USOC doesn't like it, but I like it in the long run. Experience in big games is huge.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-06-13 08:51AM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

Call Me

I have a passport ( not my real name ) and monetary factor is not a factor, when will curlers realize its time to follow Da Dinero's. Would be happy to be a benevolent supporter of TESN, as long as Tuck is in the booth ( I know thats crazy , but Da dinero's speak. ) Dudes call me...... Germany awaits!

04-06-13 11:09AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Willy and Tuck in Germany? Anybody see how this could go wrong? Centuries of being a warrior people, they now have had two generations of peace. Willy and Tuck in Germany? I like the idea. We'll behave. Really we will. OK, maybe not.

We'll see how the Wood Memorial and the Santa Anita go today.

Tuck

04-06-13 12:09PM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

vyjack

I've been all in for this horse for quite a-while doesn't mean we win, but love Joel Rosario. Heres the criminal part, EL Dreamer in Da 3rd, can"t win ? Not so fast batman, we may get 30-1.....

04-06-13 12:34PM
mr. lucky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr. lucky Find more posts by mr. lucky Add mr. lucky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr. lucky
Hitting Paint

My daughter is at Santa Anita today if you need a scouting report

04-06-13 04:25PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
murphyj87 - we're happy for you. We know that USA is a bit of a johnny-come-lately to curling. So what is your point?

Johnny-come-lately to curling? If you mean a fan base (via the Olympic exposure) then agreed but if you mean competitive curling then the answer is no. The USCA has been around before the inception of the WCF. There have been US world champs since 1965 and the Olympic event has been around (recent history) since 1988 with the long-term kickoff in 1998.

While other countries have treated this like a business and have structured it's associations for max competitive effort the US still has this "gosh-gee-willikers" attitude. Only Canada can have the "survival of the fittest" with a rather long/complicated points process. We still have something from a club-like mom-and-pop era.

It's like "Joes vs the pros".

04-06-13 05:04PM
Willy
Drawmaster

problem

Have an individual Olympic trial and put together a team of committed athletes that is funded properly.. Or call Willy......Cause the buck stops here.... TESN, Tuck and I are waiting... Kentucky Oaks watch out for Close Hatches this is a special horse..... Yes it paid for another year at Syracuse for my daughter.. Oh yea there is a game tonight!

04-06-13 06:09PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl

Yes, the US sucks and was lucky to win 5. Canada on the other hand was really unlucky not to win all 11. Teams should have just conceded to Canada after they blanked the first or scored. They were never going to win anyway. Not sure why they still hold the Worlds each year since Canada always wins.

Wait, team Homan LOST! OH MY EFFING GOD! Did no one tell Sweden that they were not ALLOWED to win. I really hope that Sweden, Scotland and Denmark have been told that team Jacobs is the only team that is ALLOWED to win.

Edited to add. Good thing that Canada was strong enough for 7-4, otherwise they would have missed the playoffs. That would have been awful. I think they would have cancelled the playoffs at that point. Maybe I am misreading the WCF rules.

JH
having way too much fun on a Friday night, amusing myself and hopefully some of my friends.

Well, maybe the fact you've had lunch with Nedohin's or bbq with Ray means you need to get cracking then putting your own team into the Olympics.

After all, since you are presumably in that tight inner circle of 100 competitive Curlers, you only have to be the best of 25 teams max to go to the Olympic last chance event.

Pass the word along that tight group, I'm sure you can recruit that team within hours.

04-07-13 08:48AM
Willy
Drawmaster

o canada

Canada and Sweden who would have thonk it... Edin comes up short ( I think he's 5-6 ) again....

04-08-13 09:03AM
B Anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B Anderson Click here to Send B Anderson a Private Message Visit B Anderson's homepage! Find more posts by B Anderson Add B Anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B Anderson
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Dang it, Joey...working for you is driving be broke. Germany? Will I, at least, get another hat and one of BA's cutting boards?

Ben Tucker

I don't think we could afford all the euro power adapters we would need.

Joe has all the extra hats. He said something about being a skip can be really cold.

-BA