Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-11-18 01:27AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Players championship

I noticed Lisa was throwing second rocks and Joanne was throwing lead. Any reason?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-11-18 09:26AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I think they are trying out to see if their game is different.

However, Rachel was light on a draw that saw Roth steal 3 and the win. Apparently this was the first time they had curled together as a team since the Olympics.

04-11-18 09:59AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

1 Did New Team Crocker qualify on points, or not enough above her commit, or was she a sponsors pick?

2 Any streaming?

3 With the Lisa/Joanne switch, what better time than an end of season meaningless spiel to try something new?

04-11-18 12:10PM
tapfreeze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tapfreeze Find more posts by tapfreeze Add tapfreeze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tapfreeze
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

3 With the Lisa/Joanne switch, what better time than an end of season meaningless spiel to try something new?

With all due respect a Grand Slam is never meaningless let alone the Players' Championship! Every player would tell you if you could only win one Grand Slam this is the one to win. Now, I know Homan can't win top money in the bonus cup race, but a team of each gender this week has a chance to pocket $100,000+

04-11-18 02:09PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Somewhat meaningless in a sense with the big picture next 4 year plan, one spiel won't make a difference in their standings. With the next big Olympic test so far away, it's a good time to try some new things to see if it makes the team better.

04-11-18 03:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

people need to check out the shot mouat made for 3 in the 7th end against edin today. it was posted on twitter by a user and is on team mouat's page now. amazing shot.

one of the shots of the year easily

04-11-18 06:07PM
skwerl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skwerl Find more posts by skwerl Add skwerl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skwerl
Harvey Hacksmasher

4 years and 8 attempts later, Muirhead has finally beaten Kim again.

04-12-18 03:27PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

During this afternoon's draw Rob Faulds was whining on behalf of Edin losing their funding after 10 years of a free all expense paid ride to curl. Thank you Mike and Joan for very quickly saying too bad, welcome to curling in Canada where you have to beg for sponsorship every year to "help" pay the way. There are a few full time curlers in Canada but almost none that make an exclusive living at it. Most all have other real jobs.

04-12-18 03:57PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i'll admit i'm confused. success is supposed to get funding not get it taken away. makes no sense

on the other hand i have absolutely zero sympathy for them. now you have to do things the way everyone else does. oh well. now they might actually have to other jobs too. what a disaster..not

04-12-18 05:11PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i'll admit i'm confused. success is supposed to get funding not get it taken away. makes no sense

on the other hand i have absolutely zero sympathy for them. now you have to do things the way everyone else does. oh well. now they might actually have to other jobs too. what a disaster..not

Agree no sympathy. As my mother used to tell us kids, if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary between sh@t and syphilis.

04-12-18 07:22PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I'm no sport psychologist, but it seems that Team Homan's pendulum has swung. The devastation at the Olys may have raked them in more ways than we know. What do they want? Do they feel drive to win, to achieve? Have they stopped "caring". Some immeasurable factor has dissipated from the ties that bind this team. They need a break. And maybe it will never come back. I haven't watched - but it has never seemed that they "loved" the game. They liked the win, the glory, and the fear they put in others. With that gone.. meh.

04-12-18 07:36PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Sportsnet online? Pay more? Really? I've got a million channels and no curling. Good lord. FFS

04-12-18 08:32PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Sportsnet online? Pay more? Really? I've got a million channels and no curling. Good lord. FFS

If you're a Sportsnet subscriber you can login with your cable account on Sportsnet NOW and watch the games there.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-12-18 08:41PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I've tried but it doesn't work. Very frustrating. I get 10 sports channels with TSN and sportsnet but no sportsnet now. Why not just give a link to watch instead of losing 99% of your viewers?

04-12-18 08:41PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

If you're a Sportsnet subscriber you can login with your cable account on Sportsnet NOW and watch the games there.

I am subscribed to all Sportsnet channels through Bell/MTS and could never get signed in, so I just messaged them....here is their live chat answer:

The event is on an overflow channel. Please be advised that content on overflow channels is only available to online subscribers and you would not have access if going through a TV provider

04-12-18 08:53PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

PURE BS

Ive tried but can't . I'm a full cable subscriber and can't watch. Why not put a link on curling zone under watch online so we can watch. Surely sportsnet wants more than 50 viewers!!

04-12-18 08:56PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I can't believe I have to watch the Leafs instead......or maybe that's what Sportsnet wants.

04-12-18 09:02PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Here's a suggestion, if Sportsnet can't have curling on one of their 6 channels, let someone else broadcast.....even World Curling TV channel on youtube

Continued rant sorry.

04-12-18 09:09PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

and after I ranted on them and said all they were was a bunch of money grabbing scammers - they disconnected my chat.

So, I ranted back again - disconnected again.

so, everyone, do a live chat with them.

04-12-18 09:20PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Last rant.....for today

For the love of God if you're going to buy the Slams so you get to broadcast them, then BROADCAST THEM. This BS of trying to get the online version which is IMPOSSIBLE to get sucks, just let someone else do it. Do you need Leafs or Tampa on all 6 or 7 channels? Just stream it if you can't or won't broadcast it live.

04-12-18 09:33PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

OOOH I thought it was my last rant but the more I see the Leafs lose AGAIN,the more i get aggravated.

Could be my grumpy old man syndrome but really, let the curling show. Pick a channel, tv, online, streaming, hand drawn facsimile...for those old enough to remember...

04-12-18 09:40PM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

be prepared for tomorrow night too - same scenario.

04-12-18 09:52PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I'm sorry but this is the last rant today.

YOU ARE THE BROADCASTER.

YOU OWN THE SLAMS.

MAKE THE DRAW TO FIT THE TV SCHEDULE TO N O T INTERFERE WITH THE HOCKEY SCHEDULE. I don't pretend to be a tv producer but if I'm a sponsor of the slams, PINTYS , I'd much rather see my product televised to 100's of thousands than streamed to 50. I wonder if they know the highest drawing draw is NOT on tv but streamed to the few. I am CERTAIN that the TV draw could have been done to circumvent the hockey games.

04-12-18 11:03PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

I had no trouble watching game on laptop. Went to Sportsnet website, clicked on ad for game. Put in our provider Shaw and there it was. No fee.

04-13-18 02:47AM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
I'm sorry but this is the last rant today.

YOU ARE THE BROADCASTER.

YOU OWN THE SLAMS.

MAKE THE DRAW TO FIT THE TV SCHEDULE TO N O T INTERFERE WITH THE HOCKEY SCHEDULE. I don't pretend to be a tv producer but if I'm a sponsor of the slams, PINTYS , I'd much rather see my product televised to 100's of thousands than streamed to 50. I wonder if they know the highest drawing draw is NOT on tv but streamed to the few. I am CERTAIN that the TV draw could have been done to circumvent the hockey games.

Sadly, the Stanley Cup playoffs are just starting, which means multiple games every night. And with the millions Rogers paid for the rights, they’ll devote all the channels to hockey to maximize viewership. I don’t know how they can adjust the Players Championship draw to get around that. How I wish there was a dedicated curling channel/network in Canada...