Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Red Deer Curling classic

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-21-18 04:54PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Posted by the Grand Slam of Curling:

The World Curling Tour has issued a $1,000 fine to Ryan Fry after reviewing the incident in Red Deer that led to his team's ejection from the event and deeming his actions inappropriate.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-21-18 05:10PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

I will be surprised if he returns to the Jacobs rink. Watching them curl over the past year, it looked at times as though there may be a strained relationship between Ryan and the cousins. Also feel the addition of Ryan to that rink, allowed them to go to another level resulting in ultimate success that they achieved.

11-21-18 06:42PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Fry's post said he is donating to the Junior curling. But actually he was fined. If he doubled the fine, well, then I'd call it a donation. He is forced to pay, here. Good for addressing the problem. Agree. I think he's a gonner.

11-21-18 07:08PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
The red deer c c should be ashamed of themselves

They created the problem over serving .. then , like trump, cnn and stormy daniels they went to the press ... why ?

And a curse on the holier than thou anonymous posters sitting in their mothers basements casting aspersions with no proof or evidence

A minor incident handled poorly

And wct - $1000 fine. - take a hike - did you pull that piece of brillance out of the air - what about fining the club ? No need to investigate ... lol

really what difference does it make, they could have been in their room drinking and then come to play...who would you blame then? The maid?

These are men that know right from wrong. It is known that Fry has had a problem for a long time, hard to blame the bartenders for that.

11-21-18 07:18PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

even for a couple weeks it's going to be hard for team jacobs to get a spare to fill in at the level they need that person to be and especially now mid season. i guess adam spencer would be an idea short term but i don't know long term. i don't have any ideas.

and for those suggesting morris and mocking him...you might not likle the guy but he's a damn good curler and gets results with every team he's on. i doubt it'll be him though. he's said curling full time is to much for him now.

11-21-18 07:24PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

McEwen second, Wozniak could be available, with EJ going back to vice.

11-21-18 07:47PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
McEwen second, Wozniak could be available, with EJ going back to vice.

somehow i completely forgot wozniak was a free agent. you're right though. he'd be a good choice.he'd be someone who can play at the level they need . only problem would be chemistry. he seems way more laid back than the jacobs team.

given the quality of the guy we are talking about it's surprising no one picked him up. you'd have to think there's a reason. maybe he doesnt want to curl as much anymore

11-21-18 07:53PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

somehow i completely forgot wozniak was a free agent. given the quality of the guy we are talking about it's surprising no one picked him up. you'd have to think there's a reason. maybe he doesnt want to curl as much anymore

I forget which event, but I believe he subbed in at an event this season already, when someone was having a baby - so he's still out there. I like this suggestion. Does anyone remember?

11-21-18 08:02PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

One of the best curlers in the world is available if he would like to come out of “semi- retirement “ for a couple tourneys. His last name is Kennedy.

11-21-18 09:01PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

If the Jacobs team is looking for someone just to curl a couple of events how about their 5th man form the Brier last year Tanner Horgan??

11-21-18 09:07PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

Indefinite leave? Sounds like a long time to me and I think they will need to look at someone that could go the distance this season.

11-21-18 09:08PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

I thought about Horgan as well, especially if they want someone 'local', but I'm not sure if he wants to step away from skipping his own team.

I don't see it happening, but I would love to see Morris spare for them - just because I expect it wouldn't take long for fireworks between him and Brad on the ice.

11-21-18 10:44PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

I may be wrong but I thought the fifth on Team Jacobs is named Flaxey. Please correct me if I am wrong. BUT, if I'm correct why not use him.

11-22-18 12:36AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

NOT INDEFINITE

Ryan himself reported he's taking " a leave". Team Jacobs reported leave from the next 2 events. Somehow Sportsnet, TSN ,WCT and CBC have ALL got it wrong. They've all copied and pasted the same misinformation. Dare I say fake news. At this point it's 2 spiels only. It may in turn be more but I do hope he does come back to the team in the new year. I was concerned about ongoing sponsorship, but for all of those spewing negative responses here, those of you who haven't done or said something stupid in your past, stand up and take a bow. The rest of us, 99% of us, understand. Ryan, I hope you get the help you seek, and come back better than ever. Go Jacobs Go. COME ON !!!

11-22-18 12:37PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
I will be surprised if he returns to the Jacobs rink. Watching them curl over the past year, it looked at times as though there may be a strained relationship between Ryan and the cousins. Also feel the addition of Ryan to that rink, allowed them to go to another level resulting in ultimate success that they achieved.

Actually I was surprised they stuck together. Jacobs has looked miserable with Fry as his vice. Saw the same look when Fry curled for Gushue.

As for Jamie Koe, he needs to consider his brother, as we have seen the media is mixing them up. Maybe Kevin needs to have a quiet word with Jamie. Maybe skip Jamie should have forfeited the game on behalf of the team before going on the ice. Instead of withdrawing himself. Apologize to the organizers, donate to the club junior program and slip away to a bar to continue drinking. No fuss, little muss.

As for Morris curling with Jacobs, well if ML wants to watch fist fighting - go for it...I have a feeling young Tanner Horgan might be getting a phone call.

11-22-18 01:08PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
I may be wrong but I thought the fifth on Team Jacobs is named Flaxey. Please correct me if I am wrong. BUT, if I'm correct why not use him.

Flaxey has had more of a coach role than anything else. Though he has stepped in as lead on occasion. If they need a long-term solution, I doubt he's the answer. Generally, the role of a team's fifth is very different from what you'd be looking for from a permanent player.

11-22-18 07:08PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
a minor incident that has been addressed

ryan should return as third asap

we posters should mind our own business

You may be right. Although it seems quite public when they have sponsors and seek support.

11-22-18 08:14PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
a minor incident that has been addressed

ryan should return as third asap

we posters should mind our own business

Sure a change of attitude. You've come full circle. First, wanting criminal charges against the club, to a minor incident. hmmmmm.

11-22-18 11:59PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

LOL!!!!!
you do what you gotta do.
I'm beginning to think there are 2 people on this site that are on the wrong medication.

11-23-18 08:40AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

First of all, I think Fry actually got the boots from Jacobs. Shortly after the incident Jacobs ripped Fry's behavior in the media. Methinks that they had a little convo, and Jacobs said "You're gone". Jacobs has to protect his sponsors. It has the appearance that Fry left of his own free will, but I don't think that's the case.

Secondly, Fresca, you are out of your mind if you think that the bar is in any way responsible for Fry's behavior. Lot's of people get drunk and don't turn into a******s. Sure if you wanna give the bar a fine for overserving, go ahead, write your letter. But don't forget to send one to Fry as well. Relieving Fry of responsibility is wrong in so many ways. Comparing this to a meth dealer is asinine. Fry, and Fry alone is responsible for his behavior. Stop trying to pretend it's all on the bar. That prevalent attitude in today's society is the "get out of jail free card" that so many search for when they screw up. At least Fry doesn't share the same opinion as you, I'll give him that.

GC

Last edited by GreatCanadian on 11-23-18 at 09:00AM

11-23-18 09:20AM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by GreatCanadian
First of all, I think Fry actually got the boots from Jacobs. Shortly after the incident Jacobs ripped Fry's behavior in the media. Methinks that they had a little convo, and Jacobs said "You're gone". Jacobs has to protect his sponsors. It has the appearance that Fry left of his own free will, but I don't think that's the case.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that Fry was basically given a choice between "voluntarily taking an indefinite leave" vs being publicly booted from the team. That's usually how this sort of thing goes down.

11-23-18 09:24AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that Fry was basically given a choice between "voluntarily taking an indefinite leave" vs being publicly booted from the team. That's usually how this sort of thing goes down.

Yes, I believe that's exactly what happened.

GC

11-23-18 10:19AM
scottb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scottb Find more posts by scottb Add scottb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottb
Harvey Hacksmasher

You are so full of it !! it's all on Fry! not the server!!

11-23-18 10:25AM
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

try sticking to the facts

the club over served illegally

Ok you can have that one.

But you're ignoring the FACT that Fry requested the alcohol, and then freely and willingly poured it down his own gullet. He's not a 2 year old. Grow up, and stop trying to shift blame from the guilty party. And now I'll save you a little time. Your reply will be "So now I'm immature". My response is "Yes". Done for ya!

Last edited by GreatCanadian on 11-23-18 at 11:23AM

11-23-18 12:49PM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
lol

so i have med probs

and im out of my mind

i write an opinion piece based on the known facts and some of become mind readers and clairvoyants

try sticking to the facts

the club over served illegally

the useless inspectors must have heard about it , but as usual in alberta and manitoba - they never enforce the law

the few people that were there describe it as a minor incident

sorry its pretty obvious that the real perps - the manager and servers are publicity seekers - like stormy daniels

lets try to keep it civil without attacking other posters - cause lets face it if you disagree with me your just plain wrong

18,800 hits -- at 20,000 hits i will say no more

unless you maligne my innocent and brilliant character

as I asked you before, what would have happened if they were in their room getting plastered? Is someone supposed to stop them? They are adults, when will anyone learn to take responsibility for their own actions (well Fry has) and be accountable for what they have done, instead of always the blame game.