Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-26-16 11:21AM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

Manitoba Curling Tour

To our valued MCT supporters and curlers,

I would like to first briefly introduce myself to you. My name is Curtis Atkins, President of the Manitoba Curling Tour elected 2016. I grew up in curling clubs all over Manitoba. I have participated in junior programs, high school curling, the MCT and WCT circuit my whole life. Curling has been not only an extracurricular activity for me but also a lifelong passion.

Upon hearing about Resby's transition into the CCA I had dabbled at the idea of volunteering my time to our curling community. It wasn't until I had shared the idea with my curling friends and family that I took action. I had overwhelming support on the idea of possibly being involved with the MCT. A few emails exchanged with past president Resby Coutts eventually led to public meetings with other like minded individuals. I was eventually elected as Tour President and gladly accepted the daunting position. I must say I am quite excited about the venture.

Luckily my volunteer position came with more volunteers; Keith Doherty accepted position of Vice- president and Justin Twiss as Secretary. As the transition was being made, we were fortunate enough to bring on Kevin Wiebe as our website guru and marketing master. After a few team meetings, and the decision to bring on a female representative, Lisa DeRiviere happily agreed to come on board and volunteer her time.

I assure you we have been hard at work this past month and a half. Our brand new mobile friendly website is up and running! Our schedule is set! We have had overwhelming support from clubs, bonspiel coordinators and league chairmen. As you can imagine putting all these details together is time consuming. We plan to release our schedule of events as early as the first week of June!

There are more exciting changes to the MCT for the upcoming season. All bonspiels will be registered with the World Curling Tour, allowing teams to collect CTRS points! There have been two competitive leagues expressing interest in multi week bonspiels, which will also award CTRS points. An ambitious idea we are working to confirm is the elimination of the entry fee completely from the MCT Championship, meaning the top 16 point earners will be playing for sponsored money and a berth into the Provincial Championships. Another change we have made and something we would like to continue moving forward with is an MCT schedule with no conflicting bonspiels. Our goal is to fill the clubs again. Since we have had their continued support over the years, we wish to return the favour!

The MCA has also confirmed their support of the tour, awarding the Men's division with three berths - the MCT CHAMPION and the two highest ranked eligible teams at the conclusion of the championship. In the women's division - the MCT CHAMPION and the highest ranked team at the conclusion of the championship.

Our biggest task, and certainly one of the most important tasks, is too reach out to our existing sponsors, as well as approach new sponsors. We have been in contact with our presenting sponsor Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries, and they have expressed great excitement to continue their support.
As we strive to please our curling community, we will graciously accept any ideas or concerns from the public. Our website www.mancurltour.ca has a contact page if you wish to leave an email for our volunteers. On behalf of the Manitoba Curling Tour we would like to extend thanks for your continued support and we wish you a fun filled summer. See you in September!

Regards,

Curtis Atkins,
President, Manitoba Curling Tour

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged