M: Crestwood U18 Juvenile Mens Bonspiel
: Crestwood U18 Juvenile Womens Bonspiel
W: Curl Mesabi Classic
M: Curl Mesabi Classic
W: BC Scotties Open Event #1
W: USA Junior National Qualifier 3
M: Farmers Edge SCT
Default (ET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-17-17 05:51AM
fresca is online now Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Boost Playoffs

Jason 3-0

its time to get hot

at this point im thinking Canadian team will have a tough go at Olympics

1 team vs 8

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-17-17 12:31PM
fresca is online now Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

google
koe jacobs outlasts clinch

to see koes 7th end raise from bench at hogline for a deuce

- a shot ive made 100x

someones getting hot at the right time !!!

11-17-17 07:38PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

On the women's side - looks like all the monsters, mean girls, pure shooters and killers are in for the playoffs.
Briane Meilleur looked like a fawn/1-hit wonder - didn't win a game in the round-robin.
Sweeting & Jones advanced unbeaten, Rachel H. absorbed but 1 loss and advances. Chelsea Carey also goes thru. Englot & many others sidelined.

Looks like all the Olyjmpic favorites are peaking, don't it?

11-17-17 08:31PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

jacobs team look lost in first end ... give up 3

the lights are on but nobodys home

ml would have tapped red onto yellow onto ptwo reds to steal 1

11-18-17 07:24AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Jacobs team had the big pout and sulk on last night. Maybe time to change their psychologist. Then again a diet of Pinty wings may not be what the doctor ordered.

11-18-17 08:57AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Jacobs team had the big pout and sulk on last night. Maybe time to change their psychologist. Then again a diet of Pinty wings may not be what the doctor ordered.

Yes worse then usual..Jacobs & Fry look like they hate each other...EJ was near the house to prevent any fighting.

The trials should be interesting...

11-18-17 09:49AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Even with all the rage 'n hate Team Jacobs still presents the biggest threat to Goo's double Olympic dream.

Rage 'n hate are what drives them. Probably all an act - like Donny Trump's morose and ever present frown "I'm a Killer" look.

McEwen, Koe & Reid C should also factor in - but they always seem to fumble when the going gets mean & serious. The Northern Bullies are always mean and vicious - they're focused.

On the women's side I'd be very surprised if anyone other than Homan, Sweeting or Jones reps Canada. Right now I'd put the odds as follows:
Homan - 62% chance
Sweeting - 18% chance
Jones - 15% chance
McCarville - 3% chance
Carey - 2% chance

Other squads may as well be welcomed into Fresca's home and watch the games on TV w/ Fresca & wife.

11-18-17 10:35AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Harvey Hacksmasher

" Looks like all the Olympic favorites are peaking, don't it?"
No M.L. it don't.
Carry made the playoffs but she's not even close to her form when she won the 2016 Canadian championship. Despite having the best Front End in this event, as well as the best 3rd, she has had some miserable games - in particular when her shot percentage dropped to the 44% - 46% range on Thursday against Sweeting. Carey definitely remains an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

Homan won both the Prestige and the Curler's Corner Classic in October without much trouble and then took her foot off the gas. It would now appear she is cranking up the engine once again, but I suspect it will be several years, repeat years, before this team peaks. Their story is just getting started.

As for Jones, she peaked in 2010. It is significant that after winning the Canadian championship in 2010, she was not successful again 'til

11-18-17 11:21AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Well, I thought everyone knew Chelsea Carey was a moody and extreme yo-yo performer.

And while Cathy Overton is still a force at 3rd - she's no longer a dominant 3rd; however despite being paired with her former rival (the hot 'n cold Carey) she's super pumped to be at the Trials - chance to reap revenge on Jones and possibly topple Homan.

Homan is definitely starting to round into form. Couldn't help winning early when other teams were hardly in game shape - now SHE'S FOCUSED.

The real enigma is Valerie Sweeting. Long seen as the next one in Canadian women's curling - she finds the oddest times to struggle, don't she?
Her team is easily the best overall team with exceptional chemistry and spirit. (obviously I'm factoring Homan out because she's in a little league of her own)
Lori O is a world class 3rd, the front end is all-star material - so the mystery meat will be Val. She's got all the shots - of that there is no question. But she's far more like JJ than RH when it comes to consistency. She's not totally hot 'n cold like Carey - but she often loses games she should win by missing a couple key shots - turning in a respectable 75% game when 80 or 82% would take the duke.

11-18-17 03:19PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

scheidiger first in eighth

hits homan out but caroms onto her second shot removing it

zero % points ???

11-18-17 03:21PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

h3 up without last wins - the way god meant curling to be

ten guard rule should not apply in last end

11-18-17 07:57PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

Playoffs

So Koe is out and Mouat is in the semi's. Good for them. Koe's team is suffering because of Heberts ego. He's a bad tempered child. I'll be totally surprised if Koe keeps him on after their run at the Roar. Such a shame as the rest of the team seems to pull together for a win. Hebert just can't stand to lose and he shows it with his offhand dismissal of the winning team. Such a poor sport when the rest of the team congratulates and thanks the winners for the game.

11-18-17 08:27PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Benny isn't that bad a guy. But he does have a great sense of personal entitlement - much like Ryan Fry & Brad Jacobs.

11-18-17 09:01PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

Re: Playoffs

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
So Koe is out and Mouat is in the semi's. Good for them. Koe's team is suffering because of Heberts ego. He's a bad tempered child. I'll be totally surprised if Koe keeps him on after their run at the Roar. Such a shame as the rest of the team seems to pull together for a win. Hebert just can't stand to lose and he shows it with his offhand dismissal of the winning team. Such a poor sport when the rest of the team congratulates and thanks the winners for the game.

I was surprised they kept him 3 years ago

11-18-17 09:29PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

JJ got lucky this event - Casey Scheidegger disposed of JJ's #1 nemesis Rachel Homan in the quarters - Jones would only have had to play Rachel if they both advanced to the final (but Jones is almost always stressed out by the incredibly high percentages Team Homan pelts her with).
So then she gets unlucky - has to play 2 of her greatest local nemeses - the young nemesis Chelsea Carey (33) and the fiesy older one in Cathy O (49), both on the same squad now.
Would love to see that game - as if JJ isn't high-strung enough???

11-18-17 10:28PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Both Manitoba rinks, Spike McEwen and JJ giving night classes in advanced poor rock positioning.
With Jones that's almost always her kryptonite so you expect it. Got lucky when Chelsea Carey declined to take advantage - instead of getting 3 or 4, Carey could only russel up a single.

Both Carey and Kaitlyn Lawes are pouring out some bad percentages tonite. NOT A CLASSIC.

Meanwhile, McEwen looks like he's gonna be the next victim in junior Bruce Mouat's Game of Thrones. Mouat dismantled Benny and the Jets (Koe) earlier today - and poor rock positioning (Kevin Martin, not just me) killed him when Mouat tapped for 3 in the 4th.

11-18-17 10:39PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Mouat - The Giant-Killer reminds me of a young Jeff Stoughton - except far more focused and without the show-boating!

11-18-17 11:55PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

If Spikey Mikey wants to look into the future and see himself repping Canada at an Olympics he got a pretty good picture of the deficiencies he has to overcome. Mouat & Grant Hardie just over-powered Mikey & BJ - no contest!

Meanwhile back at Rancho de la Manitoba - Chelsea Carey & JJ went deep into a Yo-Yo fest. . . . JJ curled 59% but was able to draw/tap the 4 ft on her final stone. Based on the form chart both Carey or Jones would be mincemeat vs. Casey Schidegger in the CF tomorrow.

btw - Schiedegger is making me re-think my Olympic Trail favourites chart. Gotta take a couple points away from Jones, a couple from Sweeting and maybe one from Homan - and put Schiedegger in at 5%

11-19-17 10:23AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

JJ vs. Scheidegger may not be a curling classic later today - but it should deliver us some important information re: Olympic Trials ratings.

Casey has already delivered the scalp of Empress Homan and then pushed around a relative lightweight in Tracy Fleury.

Now she's in with the big girls. Should she squash JJ in short ends or even dominate her wire-to-wire I'm now advocating she be placed into the Top 4 favourites at Olympic trials.

Based on play thus far (weighting the playoffs more than the early rounds) I'd say Casey should be the odds-on favourite to stop Jones 13 game winning streak (an amazing accomplishment btw). She delivered an 86% outing vs. Fleury while Jones struggled in her pie-throwing affair w/ Carey (59%)

I have no doubt Jones won't lay another 50% egg but I also have no doubt Schiedegger won't drop that far from her test w/ Fleury.

So even if Jones bumps her game by 15 pts - to around 74% and Casey drops 6 pts to 80% today's game still favours the Alberta side.

11-19-17 10:35AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

curling for tv hits bottom

free guard zones , 8 minute breaks at commercial breaks between ends, same ten teams for twenty years partially due to points system format ( soon to be 4 teams in a month ) , too much emphasis on the olympics - and the cash that comes with it , an aging { dying} population of viewers - virtually none in the stands, lack of interest in forums , followed by a perdictable lack of interest by networks starting in April 2018

sad when soo many game are decided on the last end with a 3 to tie or win

the closeups of players inevitable leads to announcers and trolls pouncing on and ridiculing players caught in personal torture as a victory is ripped from their hearts ..
like a page out of pathetic and sleasy cnn coverage - pandering to the great unwashed for scheckles

to watch or not to watch - that is the question ????
i think i will visit a sick friend and pick up some sand at Rona for an elderly neighbor

irony is they are likely to cancel the olympics in korea for safety reasons - glad no one i know is going

11-19-17 11:45AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

misty's champion, John Epping took a gargantuan on-ice dump last nite (vs. Chang)
Haven't seen a pro curler that devasted, frustrated and enraged since Al Hackner donated the 1981 Halifax Brier to Junior Burtnyk!
WOW - JUST WOW!

11-19-17 01:16PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend John Epping took a gargantuan on-ice dump last nite (vs. Chang)

Small note - Kim (not Chang), is the recent Asia Pacific gold medalist and will be in the Olympics in Gangneung as a member of the host nation team.

Last edited by nelski on 11-19-17 at 01:53PM

11-19-17 01:26PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Hmmm, Canada will be lucky to medal this year, unless Gushue was just relaxing for this event. The Canadian women except for Casey look very average.

11-19-17 02:13PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
misty's champion, John Epping took a gargantuan on-ice dump last nite (vs. Chang)
Haven't seen a pro curler that devasted, frustrated and enraged since Al Hackner donated the 1981 Halifax Brier to Junior Burtnyk!
WOW - JUST WOW!

wow, someone buy the Legend a program so he at least knows the teams. Prognostication works better when you almost seem to know what you are talking about.

11-19-17 02:36PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

Small note - Kim (not Chang), is the recent Asia Pacific gold medalist and will be in the Olympics in Gangneung as a member of the host nation team.

i actually took a night to get over it. he had that match. just a complete choke.

i dont know what's happened to him, he never used to be so mentally weak

that being said, im not sure anyone was stopping mouat. what an unreal week for this team. knocked off 3 of the best teams in the world in a row on the way to the final. very impressed. and history made. youngest mens slam winner ever.

between mouat, drummond and smith scotland's future on the men's side is very bright