Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 23 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-01-16 03:50PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

2016 Stoh

Well, the field is now set so I figured why not get a new thread going to discuss things.

Tons of upsets in the provincials obviously, but nevertheless I think it's a pretty solid field and (as has been pointed out elsewhere on this board) I think it's going to be a really interesting one that may turn out to be a lot more contested than some may think.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-01-16 03:54PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

We can't underestimate any of these teams! Even the pre-qualifying will be a battle between BC & NWT...sorry Nunavut. But good to see they sent a team this year. While many have already handed Queen JJ her throne, it might be premature - there are a few dark horses in there.

02-01-16 04:04PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
We can't underestimate any of these teams! Even the pre-qualifying will be a battle between BC & NWT...sorry Nunavut. But good to see they sent a team this year. While many have already handed Queen JJ her throne, it might be premature - there are a few dark horses in there.

Agreed.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

02-01-16 04:08PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

its been a long time since i have been this excited about a scotties

02-01-16 04:26PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

Re: Great Scotties ahead

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
We havent seen very much of so many of these Teams

like NS- Brothers..... BC..Thompson....SK..Campbell
..NL..Curtis ......MB..Einarson......NO..McCarville...
and the recycled ON....Hanna ( good luck Jenn)...

Gonna be fun...

Agreed

02-01-16 06:41PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

Me Too. So many smart skips who have been nibbling at the edges to get to this event - I think most could fare well at the worlds too. I like Campbell, Einarson, Carey - most of the time, Thompson is a strong mix of players, Hanna is back!, Lots of possibilities.

I think Jones and crew will feel alone and alienated... nextJEN will camouflage herself in the pack. All strong.

I agree that this relegation is dumb - two very strong teams .. shaking my head.

02-01-16 07:19PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

good curling shots ^^^

Here's another shot I think even rivals the J Jones
STOH - 2005 shot..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM67XJS7yM8

------------------

Chelsey Carey will have some help in the house this battle
plus a solid second.. who makes great shots

looking forward to it... that first game is always unpredictable

02-01-16 07:26PM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

I can't say that I am excited about the Scotties, but I certainly am interested. I prefer to see the big teams go head to head in the games that really matter, but I remain hopeful that we will see a big team in the making. Hoping for some good surprises.

02-01-16 08:04PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

As unpredictable as the provincials were, this will probably be predictable. Wish the teams luck but I'll take Jones against the field right now. I'll be down in California so unfortunately won't be able to watch, but I'll be checking the updates on McCarville.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

02-01-16 10:48PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man
As unpredictable as the provincials were, this will probably be predictable. Wish the teams luck but I'll take Jones against the field right now. I'll be down in California so unfortunately won't be able to watch, but I'll be checking the updates on McCarville.

That's too bad about the California thing. I was down there last year when it was on and tried everything to find a way that I could watch it. No luck whatsoever. In this day and age you'd think there would be a way, but short of a satellite dish there wasn't lol.

02-02-16 03:26AM
MCC_PE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MCC_PE Click here to Send MCC_PE a Private Message Find more posts by MCC_PE Add MCC_PE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCC_PE
Hitting Paint

Like last year, it'll be on ESPN3/WatchESPN.

02-02-16 12:42PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

..splitting hairs ..^^^

quote:
“Schmirler the Curler,” the pride of Saskatchewan, had already etched her name in Canadian sporting lore long before she arrived in Brandon, Man.,
for the first Olympic trials

(curling having been approved as a full medal sport for the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympics).

She and her team had a trio of world championships on their resume already,
but a game-saving shot in the women’s final at the Keystone Centre cemented her legacy.

In a spot of trouble against Alberta’s Shannon Kleibrink, Schmirler’s circus shot of a takeout scored three and set the stage for a 9-6 win.

Two months later, Schmirler’s rink would lay claim to gold in Nagano

Last edited by HotRocks on 02-02-16 at 01:39PM

02-02-16 01:45PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

....Back to 2016 STOH ....

Team SK needs to find a coach for the STOH

http://leaderpost.com/sports/curlin...ng-championship

02-02-16 03:00PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: ....Back to 2016 STOH ....

quote:
Team SK needs to find a coach for the STOH

http://leaderpost.com/sports/curlin...ng-championship

Richard Hart is available Or get Kevin Martin so Russ can coach!

02-02-16 04:19PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Smile Russ will scout...

Russ Howard has to be objective in his TSN comments
( he should advise Rauter to do the same...)

He just isnt available for on ice help..

That wont get in the way of competitor
"scouting" discussions with Team SK...

Maybe Rick Folk will be asked ?

02-02-16 05:34PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Amber Holland

maybe she is just a bit busy/ already scheduled
with her position as
Executive Director for Saskatchewan Curling Association

02-02-16 07:17PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

huh

Why would a Team from SK ask a (non) coach from a
competing province

Rick Folk coached Lawton..does that make him ineligible?

Last edited by HotRocks on 02-02-16 at 07:28PM

02-02-16 08:15PM
chinabar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chinabar Find more posts by chinabar Add chinabar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chinabar
Harvey Hacksmasher

Rick Folk was Lawtons' recent coach. If Stef Lawton was heeding his advice and stratagem- his coaching is outdated. We are in a new curling era and coaching has to reflect that.

02-02-16 08:27PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Rick Folk

He is a two-time world curling champion, representing Canada.
When curling in Canada, Folk represented both Saskatchewan and British Columbia.

however..a modern Woman coach is ideal.
I am sure the Saskachewan Coaches Assoc. have better answers
than all this guessing

02-02-16 08:41PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Maybe Anita Ford will step up. I think she was coaching someone at the SkScotties - Silvernagle? She was mentioned.

http://www.saskcurl.com/sca/honourroll/coaches.htm

02-02-16 09:43PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Rick Folk

quote:
He is a two-time world curling champion, representing Canada.
When curling in Canada, Folk represented both Saskatchewan and British Columbia.

however..a modern Woman coach is ideal.
I am sure the Saskachewan Coaches Assoc. have better answers
than all this guessing

Why go there when the Sages of Curlingzone.com can advise a coachless curling team

02-02-16 10:39PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

perfect timing

heres an article about coaching at the SK scotties

http://thestarphoenix.com/sports/cu...ion-at-scotties

02-02-16 11:04PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

That's too bad about the California thing. I was down there last year when it was on and tried everything to find a way that I could watch it. No luck whatsoever. In this day and age you'd think there would be a way, but short of a satellite dish there wasn't lol.

Yeah, I usually head down after the curling season, but I've got some business to take care of before the summer.

quote:
originally posted by MCC_PE

Like last year, it'll be on ESPN3/WatchESPN.

Would love to watch, but I'll be moving into new digs. Thanks for the heads up though. Enjoy the event.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

02-02-16 11:21PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Re: Re: perfect timing

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Any word on who the 5th players are for the Scotties?

And whats the deadline to name your fifth or coach for that matter?

Suspect Amber Holland might pencil herself in as Team 5th and thus be de facto coach, scout, jill of all trades, etc. Then just name a 'Wendy Morgan Type' as their declared coach. (ie. a person who really doesn't know the game but is good with people)

They've already named Brie Jedlic coach on curling Canada's website. Jedlic is a Mental Trainer by trade, so I would expect that she would join the team that way. If it stays the same, I would expect that Candace Chisholm would come to discuss with the team for a strategic decision.

Every team has named a fifth and a coach. John Epping is coaching NWT. Susan O'Connor's the 5th for Alberta. Sasha Carter's the 5th for BC.

http://www.curling.ca/2016scotties/category/teams/

02-02-16 11:36PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Excellent ^^^^

Thanks for the two copies of that link

neat to see 1. Susan O'Connor is the AB alternate
2. Sasha Carter for BC

wow.. a High Performance Coach for SK.. well done !