Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-21-16 11:49PM
Ice Fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ice Fan Click here to Send Ice Fan a Private Message Find more posts by Ice Fan Add Ice Fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ice Fan
Harvey Hacksmasher

Alberta Scotties

Val Sweeting is off to a tremendously great start. Taking out the few small glitches here or there, I definitely believe they're going all the way. Wonderful to see their team meshing like they are now.

I also like that they picked up Jeff Stoughton as their coach. Great addition.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-21-16 11:52PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

Re: Alberta Scotties

quote:
Originally posted by Ice Fan
Val Sweeting is off to a tremendously great start. Taking out the few small glitches here or there, I definitely believe they're going all the way. Wonderful to see their team meshing like they are now.

I also like that they picked up Jeff Stoughton as their coach. Great addition.

Amazing comeback from 4-0 down this morning vs.Scheidegger and superb final end tonight vs. Carey. Certainly peaking!

01-22-16 12:02AM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

happy fan here Congratulations to Team Sweeting.

01-22-16 08:35AM
blid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blid Click here to Send blid a Private Message Find more posts by blid Add blid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blid
Knee-Slider

Rocque down to last life battling on C

01-22-16 10:40AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

wait just a sec

Did you notice who took down ( EE) Rocque last night?

Jessie Kaufman.. guess who is her Third..
Erin Carmody..known for silver at the 2010 STOH..
with Kathy O'Rourke , GR and Trish at lead

They have a young front end of 2 students..
Carey faces them today.. would love to see it...

01-22-16 12:18PM
red rocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for red rocks Click here to Send red rocks a Private Message Find more posts by red rocks Add red rocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
red rocks
Harvey Hacksmasher

Also had a close one with Val, with her drawing the button in the 10th I believe.

01-22-16 12:27PM
Squiggsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squiggsy Click here to Send Squiggsy a Private Message Find more posts by Squiggsy Add Squiggsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Rocque is fully capable of making her way thru C and being in position to confront V Sweeting in the Alberta final. Don't think she can stand up to Val (yet) and Lori O vs. Crocker is a bit of a mis-match - but someone has to play against Val in the final.

Its either Rocque, Carey or Shannon K.

Very insightful as always. One of the 2nd, 3rd or 5th seed (who has won it many times) will be in the final against Val. Did you call TSN with this ground breaking news?

01-22-16 04:01PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Live now: Team Carey vs Team Kaufman in the B-semi

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/557

01-22-16 10:23PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

Team Rocque

Anyone at the games? What is happening to this team? 8 - 1? Sad to see this has been a tough run for them.

01-23-16 12:15AM
curlingmad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingmad Click here to Send curlingmad a Private Message Find more posts by curlingmad Add curlingmad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingmad
Swing Artist

Re: Team Rocque

quote:
Originally posted by Western Newbie
Anyone at the games? What is happening to this team? Rocque down 8 - 1? Sad to see this has been a tough run for them.

Final was 8-2 Scheidgger over Rocque... so they are out. Great game between Carey and Kleibrink. Shannon made a super last rock draw to the button and Carey only had a very small piece to chip it out... a great shot to win.

Sweeting vs Carey in the 1-2 game. Tomorrow has J. Kaufman vs Scheidgger in one qualifier and Chyz vs Kleibrink in the other.

Must admit there has been plenty of great games in this thing. The ice is fantastic and you can curl around anything and hide so stealing is very possible.

01-23-16 01:01PM
NLcurlingguy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NLcurlingguy Click here to Send NLcurlingguy a Private Message Find more posts by NLcurlingguy Add NLcurlingguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

ML has it just about right. I personally see Sweeting as the ultimate victor. ML certainly has it correct with Carey. Great player but implodes at the most in opportune times.
Looks like Colleen J has a good run but in the end, I think they ran out of gas. Looking like MaryAnne will prevail.
PEI will have Suzanne Birt again. I am a Shelly Bradley fan but she did not have the juice to get to the end. I still feel her pain from 2001 in Sudbury.
Kristy McDonald still looking good for Mb, although Einerson is in the hunt and I do like that team.
I see Marie France is in a good position in Quebec. Hopefully she can get by Mann...I do like Larouche
I expect another appearance from Heather Strong out of the Rock. She is a good curler but suffers from a lack of playing on arena ice. I think they have sponsorship issues and do not have enough cash to travel and play with the big girls, Birt suffers from the same syndrome.
Homan and har Mean Girls should be back for Ontario. Middaugh was the biggest threat for the final...certainly based on last night,s debacle.
Scott for BC? They are relegated so need a good team to win their way back in.
Not sure about Sask.....Lawton would be a good choice but Sherry Anderson is certainly a comer.
I imagine we will the return on Galusha. I always enjoy watching her play. I like to cheer for the underdog often unless my Mean girls are playing.

And just to get off topic...I hope beyond hope this is Gushue,s year to win the Brier. Being a staunch Gushue fan, my opinion is biased but I see that crew as definitely top three and can beat any of them on any given day. It would be cool to see Gushue at Brier 2017 as Team Canada. us Newfoundlanders wiuld be stoked for that.

Last edited by NLcurlingguy on 01-23-16 at 01:08PM

01-23-16 02:58PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Dontcha hate it

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
When your Heart wants Jessie Kaufman to win

but your head thinks Casey Scheidegger will prevail..

i know how you feel. felt the same way about shannon against chelsey last night

01-23-16 08:16PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Playoffs are live now:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/

Carey v. Sweeting &
Kaufman v. Chyz (If you predicted this matchup last week....you're lying!)

01-24-16 12:11AM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

Way to go Val!! Would have loved to see the last end!

01-24-16 12:36PM
NLcurlingguy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NLcurlingguy Click here to Send NLcurlingguy a Private Message Find more posts by NLcurlingguy Add NLcurlingguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Hanna wins berth to final.Harrison loses a heartbreaker. Kaufman in tough vs Carey but lots of game left. Nonetheless, she must score 2 in fourth end.

Hard to not predict Homan as Ontario rep to Scotties. I also predict Sweeting for Ab.

I would love to see Einerson get to Sotties but it will most likely be a close game with Mcdonald

01-24-16 01:05PM
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Update. Larouche scores big three with a big shot in fifth...now leads 5 to 2.

Hopefully Einerson has draw weight for final. Match up at third position will be a big deal in Mb final.

o
Ontario final at 2 pm ET

Last edited by NLcurlingguy on 01-24-16 at 01:07PM

01-24-16 01:47PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: Team Carey

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
seems to be fully in control

no big surprise since Jessie Kaufman and her gallant crew were kinda
in over their curling heads..
Hope they stick together .. but them all being students.. who knows...

Gonna be a true Edmonton - Calgary battle in the final

Edmonton/ Calgary???
There is one curler from Edmonton and one from Calgary

01-24-16 01:55PM
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Quebec final is Larouchs I think bar some kind of cataclysm.

Carey / Sweeting final. No shocker there

In Bc I predict Scott over Gushulak in semi final

01-24-16 05:54PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

Measure

Where did Alberta get their umpires? Timmy's.

I don't think that girl has ever measured a rock before. Brutal, and a good thing it was not close.

01-24-16 05:59PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

Re: Measure

quote:
Originally posted by freezetothehack
Where did Alberta get their umpires? Timmy's.

I don't think that girl has ever measured a rock before. Brutal, and a good thing it was not close.

I heard they brought them in from New Brunswick..

01-24-16 06:11PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

Re: Re: Measure

quote:
Originally posted by Donr

I heard they brought them in from New Brunswick..

The dial is still spinning! Lets hope it's a dry run for Grande Prairie. Head official!on ice

01-24-16 06:50PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs down Sweeting OUT

down 8-5 in 10 with hammer

looks like the 2016 STOH will be without Homan and Sweeting..

01-24-16 06:59PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

well, i hope we don't hear folks calling it a "soft scotties" because homan and sweeting aren't going to be there - they both lost to strong teams. wtg Chels. (ain't over til it's over though). gulp

Last edited by nelski on 01-24-16 at 07:16PM

01-24-16 07:39PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

AND.....away we go.

01-24-16 07:55PM
halsted is offline Click Here to See the Profile for halsted Click here to Send halsted a Private Message Find more posts by halsted Add halsted to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
halsted
Knee-Slider

Exclamation Carey comes through

Carey has now shown that she can slug it out with the best of them.
People seem to forget that in the past she has made a Canada Cup Final, came in 3rd at the National Scotties, and has now made it to 5 Provincial Scotties Finals (won 2 now), and 4 in the last 5 years. In two of the toughest curling provinces in the country. Carey also went to the Olympic Trials in 2013 with her last rink.

This skip is for real. She just doesn't garner the attention of Jones/Homan/Sweeting and always living in the same province as one of the others has given her a low profile, but she is a class act.

You'll notice her front end didn't jump to the roof like Einarson's rink in Manitoba before shaking their opponents hands and congratulating them on a hard fought game.

What will put her rink over the top is to achieve the consistent shot making of the other big 3 teams. Expecting a strong showing from Alberta at this year's STOH.