Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-20-16 08:13PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

it happens

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
And if Homan feels she's homefree for 1st place she might let down her guard and Flaxey may have an outside chance to topple her. On second thought, nahhhh!

all you have to say is 2012.. and Homan will faint

She was 9-0 RR, beat Fleury(Horgan) in Page 1-2
Then in the Final had Hammer in 10.. facing 3 Fleury rocks

Curling Club ice ON Women are forced to deal with in Provincials... and..
Homan ( I watched her).. threw an outturn draw that gave Fleury the ON title..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-20-16 08:41PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Only 3 teams at this event woul have a winning record at the STOH.

01-20-16 09:23PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

not fleury

tracy is in Northern ON Scotties now against McCarville..

01-20-16 09:37PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Question guilty conscience?..just kidding...

quote:
(I'm a huge Jenn Hanna fan in case you hadn't noticed!)

It was 2005.. Jenna Hanna had the STOH and her second ( Dawn McEwen) "stolen".. by guess who ..

Hanna is a good curler.. hope she keeps on playing..

01-20-16 09:39PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

For the record - 4

Homan - anywhere from 8-3 to 11-0
Middaugh - 6-5 or 7-4
Fleury - 6-5 to 8-3
Hanna - 5-6 to 7-4

Hastings might also be around .500.

"this event" refers to the Ontario scotties not the Northern Ontario scotties. Different events.

01-20-16 09:47PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

Re: Hanna putting up a tremendous fight

quote:
Just took a deuce in 9 to be 2 up coming home w/o hammer.

Rachel probably wanted to force Jenn to a single in nine and then run a textbook 10th to secure a deuce and the victory!

Now, the deuce is to tie and take one's chances in an extra end.

Hanna is an experienced veteran so she'll probably concede a deuce to Rachel - being wary not to trip up and give Rachel a crack at the winning 3.

Jenn won't go all out to steal - just needs to hold Rachel to a deuce and take her chances with last rock in 11.

Hanna played a great end and absolutely did not have a strategy of conceding a deuce to go to extras. On Homan's last shot Hanna was lying two nearly frozen just off center line in the four foot (one biting the button). Homan threw an absolute bullet raise double to almost score three but did get her two to force extras. Wish they would show the extra end....

01-20-16 10:06PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Hanna putting up a tremendous fight

quote:

Thanks for the great description of how Rachel managed to score the tying deuce.

Hopefully, you (or someone at the club) can report on the extra end!

I should have added more to the description. Hanna's stones were behind her own guard just on top of the twelve foot and Homan raised her own stone that was maybe two feet beside the Hanna guard. So I guess it was an angle-raise-double-takeout. Funny Rogers was showing the Tippin-Hastings game on sheet 3 (where there overhead cameras were setup) but the Homan game was just beside it. So it is pretty funny trying to "watch" the other game and hoping to see a side shot of something going on in the game they are not intending to show. It looked like with only skips rock to play in ten, Hanna was lying three in the four foot but I could not be sure. Really would have loved to see that complete 10th end and the extra end.

A curlinggeek follow of that would have been awesome.

01-20-16 10:15PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

ML once again you have shown you know very little about curling in Ontario

01-20-16 10:20PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
ML once again you have shown you know very little about curling

Fixed it for you.

01-21-16 01:03PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Here is Brian Chick's twitter commentary of the extra end from last night.https://twitter.com/leftbutton?lang=en

01-21-16 01:28PM
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Here is Brian Chick's twitter commentary of the extra end from last night.https://twitter.com/leftbutton?lang=en

Thanks, that was a nice feed.

01-22-16 08:48PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

sherry really was the biggest threat to rachel here and unless one of 3 other games flip around she wont make it to playoffs.

reason whats happening tonight whatever way you want. sherry has beaten this homan team the last time they met and well on to doing it a second time in a row. i dont see anyone else standing up to rachel in a final here

01-22-16 09:46PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

2nd place determined by the teams cumulative draw to the button for each game (minus one or two outliers)/ Each member of the team had to throw at least twice.

I wrote in a previous post that I thought only 3 of the teams would have a chance at a winning record at the Canadians, That number has decreased to 1 now.

Last edited by decade on 01-22-16 at 09:48PM

01-22-16 11:50PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Page Saturday

Homan- Harrison - 2pm ET
Hanna- Tippin - 7 pm ET

01-23-16 08:01AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i dont know..i think rachel is a little happy to see sherry out. nothing personal but when your biggest threat to winning goes out you probably are. rachel should ease to the win now

not sure what this means for sherry. well she be back next year and is she trying for another olympic trials or was this a one last shot at provincials year

01-23-16 11:37AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: sherry middaugh

quote:

Have to agree. Sherry's team is out-classed at every position, especially 3rd and skip (by Homan & Miskew)

Sherry upended Rachel on the closing night of the round-robin more due to human nature than efficiency.

If Hanna, Harrison or Tippin (all finished 6-3) have properly powered up (Hanna is legit) they could give Homan a minor tussle in the final. None of the so-called contenders are better at any position than the Homan Aces though.

you are so right, they are outclassed at every position. thats why they have beaten them 2 times in a row. and just look at sherry's H2H against rachel.the history between the 2 is very competitive. and their matches are almost always close and competitive.

not saying rachel doesnt have a stronger team but sherry can compete with them, they rarely blow her away. the gap isnt that great

and stop making excuses for why rachel lost.like this game meantnothing. thats disrespecting sherry, saying she only won because rachel didnt care about the outcome. rachel is a very competitive person,she doesnt let her foot off the pedal at any time . doesnt matter what game it is,that team brings it so any win over them is a good win and means something.

Last edited by misty1 on 01-23-16 at 11:41AM

01-23-16 11:45AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: sherry middaugh

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Even before Wayne's accident Team Middaugh had a terrible year right from the get go

Just because they beat Homan in a Nothing game in these playdowns..
doesnt mean they were the toughest competition for Team Homan
or that they are " happy sherry is out.."

Team Homan's biggest competitor is complacency..win one game at a time..

i wouldnt say it was terrible.she did finish 4th at the canada cup and did make the quarterfinals of 2 grand slams.

and i disagree.i believe they were the biggest obstacles to team homan winning here

01-23-16 12:39PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Sherry isn't in Rachel's weight class but she's always played her tough with her vet savvy. Great competitor.

I'm liking a Homan-Harrison final.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

01-23-16 03:14PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

wow zers

sorry for Team Harrison ( losing 7-2 after 4 ends)
BUT.. that is what Team Homan must do...
Play to their own level...

01-23-16 03:50PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

After the great runback for 3 in the fourth, that was a poor miss on a relatively easy shot in the sixth. She's had a few of those this week.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

01-23-16 03:50PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

score correction there. now only down 2 after 6

by the way, didnt know this but john epping is coaching team harrison this week

01-23-16 03:57PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Emma's's foot killed the momentum of a stone on Rachel's runback for 4. Saw the replay and took a point off during the break. Now Rachel missed a shot for 4 and gave up a steal.

01-23-16 04:28PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man
Emma's's foot killed the momentum of a stone on Rachel's runback for 4. Saw the replay and took a point off during the break. Now Rachel missed a shot for 4 and gave up a steal.

good sportsmanship on Emma's part for insisting the point come off the board.

01-23-16 04:45PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Definitely, great to see that

01-23-16 05:13PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

team homan are great sportswomen,thats never been a debate.