Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
09-29-14 09:53AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

No points this past weekend.

This week at the Prestige Hotels and Resorts in Vernon will be teams Clark, Plys, Sormunen and Roth (Spatola).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

09-30-14 12:29AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

The Brady Bunch and the USAteam (USBteam isn't scheduled to hit the tour until the Stu Sells Toronto in a couple of weeks) aren't necessarily staggering into Vernon. Brady has both opening games in his first two outings. Plys won a couple of games in The Point Optical.

The Point Optical field was really tough. You saw some very good teams drop to the C bracket early and some did not make it out alive. (Epping, Koe and Gushue made it...Stoughton, Carrothers, deCruz, Michel, Virtue, Laycock and Korte did not...those are good teams).

The Prestige Hotels has a small field for the Men. Only 16 teams and that should embarrass Vernon and all of British Columbia. Still, there will be teams there of high caliber. Bottcher comes in from Alberta. Japan brings a good team (Taipei and Korea will also be there). Cotter is always very good. MacKensie looks serious this year. McArdle and Joanisse are always tough.

Richard won the province two years ago and should be tough, but I'm not picking them to win a single game. TeeMan at third does not remember my writing from the old InTheHack days, so he is dead to me. I hope his beer is flat. I hope his scotch is mostly rye. I hope his mayonaise is long out-of-date. (edit: My bad. Richard plays with Pierce now and not TeeMan. Pierce should be very good but I wish TeeMan was still around)

A good field, but still two steps below that of last weekends Point Optical. Look for Brady to cash and accumulate valuable points. Look for the USAteam to get dang close. Look for Cotter to roll the entire field.

Ben Tucker

Last edited by tuck on 09-30-14 at 08:43AM

09-30-14 12:44AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Showing up the Men, the Women's side of the Prestige Hotels in Vernon has a full field some seriously great teams.

Both the USAteam and the USBteam, however, can cash and that field should mean a ton of points. (I don't remember who is the A squad and who is the B squad...I don't pay attention like I used to) The field is large enough and impressive enough, but not particularly deep. I doubt that you'll see many big names in the C event until late.

Despite the full field and talented field, Chelsea Carey gotta' be the odds on favorite to win the whole thing. The new team might not need any time at all to meld because the pack so much horsepower. Chelsea is out of Alberta this year, but Manitoba will be represented by a good Einarson rink and Jill Thurston. Kaufman and Sweeting also come out of Alberta. Japan has both of their teams entered and China has one. Arsenault comes all the way from Nova Scotia. Host BC will have veteran Kelly Scot and very young Corryn Brown (deadly hitter) with contending teams. If you want to bet a good longshot, our teams might cash and so might the young Prinse team out of Chilliwack, BC.

Ben Tucker

09-30-14 09:56AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I'm not certain, but I don't think Brady has Persinger this weekend. I'm not sure who is filling in. Congrats to the BC Women for putting together a very interesting weekend. The Men need to suck it up.

Tuck

09-30-14 03:35PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

I think team McCormick (Heater) is playing somewhere this weekend based on a tweet from C. Brown. Just don't know where that would be, anyone with more info?

09-30-14 05:08PM
seanb22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for seanb22 Click here to Send seanb22 a Private Message Find more posts by seanb22 Add seanb22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seanb22
Knee-Slider

Heath, Craig, Kroy and Alex will be playing at Ingersoll this weekend. You can find the event info here http://ontariocurlingtour.com/event...iew=Round-Robin

10-14-14 03:30PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Big points this past weekend for team Shuster to take a large lead in the OOM race. The women finally get on the board with small points from the St Paul cash, team McCormick should retain the lead. Team Plys also hits the board with a loss in the C qualifier in Toronto.

Team Shuster back at it this weekend trying to go 3 for 3 in qualifying. Team Clark hits the road to Kamloops.

JH

10-14-14 05:23PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

SO not saying a word....but y'all know what I would say if I was saying it...

10-16-14 01:34PM
SetonHallPirate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SetonHallPirate Click here to Send SetonHallPirate a Private Message Find more posts by SetonHallPirate Add SetonHallPirate to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SetonHallPirate
Harvey Hacksmasher

There's a team I don't recognize, skipped by Reg Wiebe, listed as being in the Thompson Curling Challenge (in Switzerland). Help?

10-16-14 04:45PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by AlanMacNeill
SO not saying a word....but y'all know what I would say if I was saying it...

If a team like Shuster is doing it on their own, it means the system is working. The points chase to be the Worlds teams is meant to encourage all teams to play better competition and work towards improving at the elite level.

Last season, more USA teams played a competitive schedule in Canada than I've seen in a long time and that is continuing so far this season with the results coming through.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

10-17-14 03:38PM
MNIceman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MNIceman Click here to Send MNIceman a Private Message Visit MNIceman's homepage! Find more posts by MNIceman Add MNIceman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNIceman
Hitting Paint

I don't think the new points system has anything to do with more teams playing in Canada. Teams that thought they were good enough to compete in Canada were already playing in Canada. Now teams have to think "Should we enter a spiel that's a bit out of our league or should we play it safe to have a better chance to get a few points."

I continue to see nothing but negatives in the point system with no positives.

10-17-14 11:26PM
bjacks217 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bjacks217 Click here to Send bjacks217 a Private Message Find more posts by bjacks217 Add bjacks217 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bjacks217
Harvey Hacksmasher

The number of spots at National open to non-HP teams is reduced from 8 to 7. Two OOM spots and 5 Challenge Round spots.

It already seems plausible that Shuster is filling one of the two OOM spots. They already have 27.5 well-earned points. My prediction is that they will be the top earning US Team including the HPP teams. It looks like it will be a race for the second OOM spot.

US Cashspiels are struggling to fill spots or are being cancelled. Is this a reflection of less interest in competitive curling in general, or due to the HPP system? I don't know.

Good luck to the US teams curling in Canada this weekend.

10-20-14 08:21AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Congrats to the Corbett rink. Very well done.

Ben Tucker

10-21-14 03:10PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Yes, as Tuck says, team Corbett hits the board with points after winning in St. Thomas. Team Clark also collects a few points for making the TB in Kamloops.

Teams competing this weekend are Duck and the ducklings. They are heading for Sarnia, also there will be team McCormick, so kind of a reunion for the past National champs. Edited to add that team Clark will also be in Sarnia.

JH

Last edited by jhcurl on 10-21-14 at 03:23PM

11-05-14 04:30PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

This weekend has Mac Guy's team going to Maple Ridge, BC. The field is fairly strong, but really low in numbers as BC Men's continue their struggle to fill spiels.

Cookstown Ont has 3 USA teams. Plys is there, but I think the team is now skipped by Heater McCormick. The McCormick rink is there, but I think it is now skipped by Craig Brown with Zezel coming over from the Plys team. Weird stuff. Doc Eigner is also entered. That field is lacking big names, but it does have good depth. I don't think there will be much for points available.

Patti Lank is entered in the Gals' side at Cookstown.

The two HPP Women's teams are in Sask. The Swiss teams are there along with some very good Alberta and Sask teams. Should be a fair amount of points available.

The Royal LePage is this weekend. Erika Brown-Tetley, Deb McCormick and Lysa Johnson all have US teams entered. Lysa, for those who may have forgotten, played Juniors in Washington until college and then played Juniors out of Minnesota. Maiden name of Hambley or something like that. Used to shoot with Molly Bonner.

I think we can have another good weekend. Lots of teams and fields that aren't overwhelming. In 2 weeks, Plys (now, McCormick...I think) and Face Shuster will be in The National and that is a killer field. I'm already looking forward to it.

Ben Tucker

11-07-14 12:06AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tuck

Cookstown Ont has 3 USA teams. Plys is there, but I think the team is now skipped by Heater McCormick. The McCormick rink is there, but I think it is now skipped by Craig Brown with Zezel coming over from the Plys team. Weird stuff.

Ben Tucker

Sounds like an interesting way to build team chemistry. But then again, does that really matter in curling?

11-07-14 10:08AM
MNIceman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MNIceman Click here to Send MNIceman a Private Message Visit MNIceman's homepage! Find more posts by MNIceman Add MNIceman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNIceman
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs

Sounds like an interesting way to build team chemistry. But then again, does that really matter in curling?

Nice sarcasm

Hearing rumours that both HP Jr. Teams do not want to play Men's/Women's Nationals. For some it may jeopardize their ability to graduate high school.

Also thinking there should be a press release soon from the USCA about what they are doing with the 6 person Jr. Women's team. Need to finalize line-ups eventually.

Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend!

11-07-14 10:12AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

I'm glad to hear the Juniors are thinking of life after curling and focusing on school, that's what will actually make a difference in their lives.

Curling isn't going to pay their bills...it'd be nice if it would, but it won't.

Here's a off the wall idea...how's about we let the kids...you know...be kids? Not have them worry about spieling for points and going to two separate National Championships and then a Worlds...how's about just letting them...be kids.

Oh, wait, that lessens our chances of medals by 0.00001%...can't have that...

11-07-14 10:37AM
ChiefIceMinion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefIceMinion Click here to Send ChiefIceMinion a Private Message Find more posts by ChiefIceMinion Add ChiefIceMinion to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ChiefIceMinion
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by MNIceman

Hearing rumours that both HP Jr. Teams do not want to play Men's/Women's Nationals. For some it may jeopardize their ability to graduate high school.

It's not just the high schoolers that are facing potential issues -- some of the collegiate-level curlers may have issues with either their schools or their financial aid packages (or both) because of all the time away from class.

11-07-14 02:23PM
Grat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grat Click here to Send Grat a Private Message Find more posts by Grat Add Grat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grat
Hitting Paint

This will be a good way to weed out the curlers who aren't dedicated enough. Things like rent and education shouldn't matter to an HP curler. These became optional once you entered the program.

11-07-14 06:40PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

LOL Grat

Heater and Jared have indeed been swapped between the men's teams, I first heard about this last weekend. I'd heard that HP coaches were not at all afraid of pulling that trigger if they felt it was necessary....I guess they weren't kidding. That said, I would assume that team chemistry isn't very high on the priority list.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Junior teams didn't want to do Nat'ls. I'm sitting here trying to calculate how much school both of them have to have missed by now, and thusly how far behind they have to be. At the end of the day, real life does have to intervene a LITTLE bit, doesn't it? Asking these kids to blow yet another full week of school to play in an event that, at the end of the day, really doesn't have any meaning for them (aside from high-level game experience, which it seems like both teams are already getting in spades) is drastically pushing the envelope.

11-08-14 03:18PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Have to question the commitment of juniors not interested in playing for Mens National Title. Perhaps HP team needs to reevaluate those kids?

11-08-14 03:24PM
MNIceman
Hitting Paint

Congratulations, you just broke the sarcasm meter!

11-14-14 08:27AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Not listed yet for CurlingZone's scoreboard is the Sun Life Junior Challenge in Brandon, Manitoba. You can follow the results here:
http://juniorchallenge.ca/home/

So many good USA Junior teams in this one that I probably should have posted this in the Positive Signs thread.

Ben Tucker

11-16-14 08:31PM
derekpap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for derekpap Click here to Send derekpap a Private Message Find more posts by derekpap Add derekpap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
derekpap
Harvey Hacksmasher

And better yet.... a good ol team from the USA won the Women's event!