Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-06-14 11:31PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Wildness in Eau Claire. All bets are now off as I openly and blatantly cheer for a Terrorist v. Terrorist final.

Nothing against the Stolts...good people and good curlers. Nothing against Young Fenner and Young Persinger...I'm sure they are very nice. I just want a Terrorist v Terrorist final. May the best terrorist win.

Aren't the Stolts getting a little old for this field? When the rest of the semifinalists range in age from 18 to 21, maybe Pete and Mo should get the rocking chairs out on the porch so they can start yelling "You kids get off my lawn!"

Part of me wants to cheer for the Stolts in the face of this youthful rebellion, but a larger part wants the Anderson twins to face off in a Death Match. Who will win? Nobody cares because nobody except their mother can tell them apart.

Kinda cool day for USA curling. I'm sure that Brady and The Punk disagree, but I think it's pretty cool.

Tuck

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-07-14 02:17PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

NNOOOO! Stolts score in the extra end to prevent a Tiny Terrorists Death Match!

Pete and Maureen (relatively young in their mid-30s, but relatively geriatric by this Sunday's standard) face Dropkin The Younger and one of the Terrorists. I think it is the one that usually skips, but who really knows? They could trade off during the break and nobody would catch on except their mother. (just kidding...good luck, Sarah)

I'm admittedly not a big Mixed Doubles fan, but I'd have watched the twins square off. Plus: Young Dunnam is fun to watch. Deep passion.

Terrorist1 and Terrorist2 isn't really a fair way to distinguish the indistinguishable Tiny Terrorists. I'm switching to TerroriSt for Sarah and TerrorisT for Taylor. These girls get any better and we'll need to start making teeshirts and hats. Caution: Don't be wearing your Tiny Terrorist Fan Club teeshirt when going through airport security.

Ben Tucker

12-07-14 02:35PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Religion divides us.
Race divides us.
As the USCA and USA curling becomes more and more contentious;
As Washington DC becomes more and more polarized;
As even vampire fiction divides us into vampire teams and werewolf teams;
Therefore it is high time we each pick ONE terrorist and fight about it.

Team Sarah and Team Taylor. Your choice should be made from negative feelings about one of the twins and NOT from positive thoughts. That's just not the way the world seems to work anymore.

Good luck with that. I'm sitting this one out.

Make your choice without the aid of either FoxNews or MSNBC. Do NOT be distracted by thinking ahead to Sochi (where we are going to have a wonderful Mixed Doubles World team no matter who wins this Final between The Stolts and Dropkin/TerroriSt)

Ben Tucker

12-07-14 04:53PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar

I take Dropkin/Anderson and 10-1. My next choice was the George's, but I like the higher odds.

Well, well well, looks like we have a winner!

12-07-14 05:31PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Uuummm...no. Not a winner. Just another scrapper jockey.

Your bet was Dropkin/Terrorist at 10 to 1. If you scroll back a page, you'll see we had Dropkin The Younger at 6 to 1 and Dunnam/Terrorist at 10 t0 1. I assumed you meant the TerrorisT team for the good odds and not the TerroriSt team.

So your bet was recorded on the bronze medal team. Thank you for playing. Try again soon.

Listen, people: It's now all very easy. We have a TerroriSt and a TerrorisT. We'll never confuse them again.

Congrats to the winners. Condolences to the runners-up. Second place takes awhile to swallow. Back-to-back silver? Remember that you are good curlers and that curling, while being infinitely frustrating, is also fun. Filled with good people, curling is great way to drive yourself insane.

On to Sochi for World Mixed Doubles and World Seniors. I don't foresee our Mixed Doubles team being confused with the Seniors. Don't forget to have your twin sister take your college classes for you. (OK, that's funny)

Ben Tucker

12-07-14 06:40PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

As a long-time Canuck curler, I think that Mixed Doubles does have a role to play in international curling-not necessarily in places where the game is established and good rinks are playing, but look at some of the other countries that appear at the Worlds...countries that may be years away (if ever) from competing in (don't yell at me) "real" curling. The game needs everything in its arsenal in order to "get the message out".

Look at last year's championships-Spain won bronze.

Last edited by Jimbobogie on 12-07-14 at 06:57PM

12-07-14 06:52PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

There were so many good teams at this year's event, whoever emerged the winner would have earned it. Korey and Sarah never seemed to be in big trouble in any of their games that I took peeks at throughout the weekend. Congrats to them, they will represent the USA wonderfully in Sochi.

One thing I do wonder though: with there now being a full-fledged Mixed World Championship, will Doubles remain as popular an event, or will it slowly decline and fade away? That probably depends on what happens with regard to the Olympics.

For my part, if Emilia wants to play next year I probably still will, but otherwise I could see myself giving it a pass. Obviously that's a year away so anything could happen, but for right now that's my thought.

12-07-14 07:01PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

A GENTLE REMINDER:

World Mixed Doubles (just like World Seniors) is NOT a funded championship. I'm sure that Korey and TerroriSt would cash in their IRAs if they were old enough to have IRAs. Keep an eye out for any fundraising events and let me know about them. I'll do the same for you.

GNCC Easties are known for many things. They strongly back their local teams. They are highly organized. They put their money where their mouths are. Rise up, East. We will follow you. Am I calling you out? Yeah, I'm calling you out.

Ben Tucker

12-09-14 09:10AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Uuummm...no. Not a winner. Just another scrapper jockey.

Your bet was Dropkin/Terrorist at 10 to 1. If you scroll back a page, you'll see we had Dropkin The Younger at 6 to 1 and Dunnam/Terrorist at 10 t0 1. I assumed you meant the TerrorisT team for the good odds and not the TerroriSt team.

So your bet was recorded on the bronze medal team. Thank you for playing. Try again soon.

Ben Tucker

What? Oh yeah I forgot how that works. I now remember being at the Belmont in '78 and said I will take Alydar at 25-1 and the guy at the window gave me Noon Time Spender because that was his current odds.

Yeah, that's how it works.