Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-28-13 09:13AM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Sorry Tuck, I know, they won all the games you curled in.

I shouldn't leave Brady Clark and the fella's out of this.

Clark needs to start fast as he did in Green Bay. He has three beatable teams before he hits Sweden, Canada, China and Scotland. A slow start could cause a repeat of our last couple of World performances. A quick start and an upset over one or two of those four puts them ready to finish off the last four games with confidence and then who knows?

They surprised at Nationals, why not here.

TJ
Wondering if the rumor Tuck Played with Neffer in Janesville is true?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-28-13 11:30AM
Curlrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlrock Click here to Send Curlrock a Private Message Find more posts by Curlrock Add Curlrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlrock
Harvey Hacksmasher

So much to say so little time:

1) I was also at the MCA with TJNCJ. While I was watching the Chinese team, their coach came up to me and asked "So who is this curling guru you American's call Tuck?" I pointed a couple of sheets over. The Chinese coach looked back at me and said, "Hmm, bad knees ehh? (I'm not kidding the Chinese coach said "ehh.")

2) I'm convinced that nine ender is fourteen, and Murph has been angry since the Crash Test Dummies broke up.

3) We American's are just jealous of Canadian's. I don't think I've ever spent more than three hours in Canada without either a fishing pole, a curling broom, or a beer in my hand. Often times two out of the three.

To the topic at hand:

Canada, Sweeden, Scotland, U.S over China in tiebreaker for fourth spot. (Clark is simply a winner)

Sweeden over Canada in the final.

10 lbs of Cheese Curds is the wager. But you need to come to Wisconsin if you want them to squeak.

03-28-13 11:39AM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Wow Curlrock, we must be in an alternative universe if I am betting wine and you are betting cheese!?!

Funny thing is we did talk with the Chinese coach, or maybe it was an interpreter?

03-28-13 01:45PM
Frykenstein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frykenstein Click here to Send Frykenstein a Private Message Find more posts by Frykenstein Add Frykenstein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frykenstein
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Drifting? We won that game.

Ben Tucker
My lead was brilliant that game

Wait a minute, I was the lead. Why don't I remember the brilliance?

Was I prattling on about having invented insulin, total body cooling for cardiac surgery, the artificial knee, lumpectomy, surgical treatment for drug resistant epilepsy, radiation treatment for cancer, Pablum, the artificial kidney machine, the pacemaker, surgical treatment for cerebral aneurysms, the paediatric electric prosthetic arm, and so on? I tend to do that. Sorry!

mf

03-28-13 04:30PM
nom de broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nom de broom Find more posts by nom de broom Add nom de broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nom de broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Frykenstein

Wait a minute, I was the lead. Why don't I remember the brilliance?

Was I prattling on about having invented insulin, total body cooling for cardiac surgery, the artificial knee, lumpectomy, surgical treatment for drug resistant epilepsy, radiation treatment for cancer, Pablum, the artificial kidney machine, the pacemaker, surgical treatment for cerebral aneurysms, the paediatric electric prosthetic arm, and so on? I tend to do that. Sorry!

mf

Dude: without your electric prosthetic arm, artificial knee, and those drugs helping you not go into epileptic fits every time you drink more than 3 beers (which, admittedly, is rare, you usually wimp out after 2) your so-called BRILLIANCE would not exist. Please don't dis Murphy for merely pointing this out.

03-28-13 05:14PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Curlrock
So much to say so little time:

1) I was also at the MCA with TJNCJ. While I was watching the Chinese team, their coach came up to me and asked "So who is this curling guru you American's call Tuck?" I pointed a couple of sheets over. The Chinese coach looked back at me and said, "Hmm, bad knees ehh? (I'm not kidding the Chinese coach said "ehh.")

And RIGHT THERE is the problem with curling in the US. "So who is this curling guru you American's call Tuck?" Really, Tuck is the curling guru? He doesn't even have a satellite dish or hung out with Ray and Vic and Linda. Or had beers smuggled into a "patch" by a competitor.

Oh sure, curlers call him to ask about stuff like who should we add as a fifth and what about a coach? But the man raises sugar beets and lives in ND. How much can he know?

JH
I bow down to the great and powerful Tuck, he IS the man behind the curtain.

PPS sorry if that confused our Canadian friends, either run with the big dogs or stay on the porch.

03-28-13 05:33PM
gmay48 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gmay48 Click here to Send gmay48 a Private Message Find more posts by gmay48 Add gmay48 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gmay48
Hitting Paint

chinese coach is lorne hamblin who has curled against and is well known to tuck and his bad knees

03-28-13 06:21PM
Curlrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlrock Click here to Send Curlrock a Private Message Find more posts by Curlrock Add Curlrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlrock
Harvey Hacksmasher

I stand corrected. It must have been the interpreter. Guro, Agent, Coach, Farmer, International incident instigator. Who can keep up?

03-29-13 02:20PM
clutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clutch Click here to Send clutch a Private Message Find more posts by clutch Add clutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clutch
Hitting Paint

Da Line

I guess if I had to pick I would go Canada, Sweden, China. Like Jacobs young squad, Sweden and China are coming into this playing well. Can't overlook Norway and the Scottish lads are always tough as nails. Kind of lost track of the Scots with Murdoch, kind of being added, had heard he was vice, now skip - nothing would surprise with those guys but I just kind of lost track of what was going on. Looking for little better value here though so I will go with one awesome book of Rabbie Burns poetry on Sweden to win this thing and one plump haggis on Team USA to show. Good luck to all the competitors - would love to be there.

clutch

03-29-13 08:14PM
Second is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Second Click here to Send Second a Private Message Find more posts by Second Add Second to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Second
Harvey Hacksmasher

Outrage

I'd don't care how worthy the cause, or the fact everyone should be supporting it. Real maple syrup is only made in Canada! All others are cheap imitations.

Anyway, my trifecta pick is Canada, Sweden and USA. I don't think throwing a team of skips together, is better than a team of solid positions players, so I have my doubts about Scotland. That leaves 3rd wide open in my opinion, so why not take the US and better odds.

I'll wager a case of ketchup potatoe chips (I actually don't like them). I was going to pick snowballs, but I'd have to sneak them over the provincial border past Murphy.

03-29-13 09:29PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Nice. China is probably going to bust up your trifecta, Second...but I like your style.

If you want to get Willy jazzed, bet some of those French fries that come with gravy. They are the best thing in Canada...except for the people.

Ben Tucker
Lovin' me some French fries with gravy...angioplasty to follow...probably invented by some Canuck

03-30-13 09:45AM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Re: Outrage

quote:
Originally posted by Second
I'd don't care how worthy the cause, or the fact everyone should be supporting it. Real maple syrup is only made in Canada! All others are cheap imitations.

Anyway, my trifecta pick is Canada, Sweden and USA. I don't think throwing a team of skips together, is better than a team of solid positions players, so I have my doubts about Scotland. That leaves 3rd wide open in my opinion, so why not take the US and better odds.

I'll wager a case of ketchup potatoe chips (I actually don't like them). I was going to pick snowballs, but I'd have to sneak them over the provincial border past Murphy.

I had some ketchup potato chips in Winnipeg, but have been dipping mine in ketchup since the 70's. it is a poor substitute for the real deal.

Thanks for the support of team Clark. I will counter your bet with a case of Lays Chicken and Waffle chips. My wife picked up a bag I will be trying out this weekend.

TJ
Also dips popcorn in ketchup
What is the difference between ketchup and catsup?
Wish I could watch live

03-30-13 10:43AM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

LOL

Starting my Sat. at the gym, two reasons need to be pumped for Syracuse (Final four awaits too bad Brady can't use the 2-3 zone.) And second need to be ready for seniors with "Tuck" ( he is now officially in the land of one namers, ie. Madonna, Prince, Usher, The Wrench, K-Mart, Rush, OJ, and of course Jesus...) You guys have made me laugh out-loud, even the canadian kooks, Thanks...

My Picks Edin looks ready to rise, but fella's I'll always go with the Canadians. Its Curling Canada wins. Like Scotland and USA to make 3-4 game. Brady needs a fast start, to agree with Clutch, Brady knows how to win curling games. Plus there will be 4 teams a game behind them when they tee it up, and one of them will be Canada or China....

03-30-13 12:09PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Willy and I need to apologize to all Canadians everywhere. I just caught an old episode of Trailer Park Boys on Netflix. Brilliant! Canada may or may not be the best nation in the world...I think it's the USA...but they are the most underrated. Hands down.

Willy's post made my knee throb. I was planning on being the fifth for Jensen's silver medal Seniors team and then taking all the credit when they improve to gold. Now I have to hit the exercise bike. Thanks, Morehouse...I hate you on many levels...mostly for talking my wife into taking Miami in her basketball pool.

Ben Tucker

03-30-13 07:03PM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Canada is stomping all over China as I type. Sweden fighting back against Finland. Jacobs and Fry are monsters and their Chinese counterparts can't keep up with them.

Nice to be able to watch on YouTube. Unfortunately the US games will be off limits.

03-31-13 07:22AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

If they are showing US games on WCF channel on youtube, try using an anonymous IP. anonymouse.org for example.

03-31-13 08:18AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

"Canada is stomping all over China aye"

I watched this game and hardly think it was a stomping in my book, Canada led 7 to 2 and let China come within one point in the tenth end.... I WOULD SAY THEIR LUCKY OUR BOYS, CANNOT PLAY LIKE THIS AGAINST THE Scandinavian's or Scots...

03-31-13 09:24AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

YES! USA starts with a win.

As for the line scores, it is a little early to be second guessing and to say, "I Told You So". Edin's line scores look terrible, but the Swedes are 2-0. Russia's line scores look very good for a team that is 0-2.

Ben Tucker

And a happy Easter to all. Resurrection Sunday should be the focal point of all Christians. Too many focus on the crucifixion. I am actually going to get off my butt and go to church today.

03-31-13 09:32AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

savor that win Tuck!....

I wouldn't be betting the ranch on any outstanding success from the U.S. curling team at this years worlds, they might win a couple but their not in the same league as the Scots, or the Scandinavians ... sorry to "burst" your balloon ..

03-31-13 10:06AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: savor that win Tuck!....

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
I wouldn't be betting the ranch on any outstanding success from the U.S. curling team at this years worlds, they might win a couple but their not in the same league as the Scots, or the Scandinavians ... sorry to "burst" your balloon ..

Would this be the same Scandinavian teams that went 2-3 yesterday?

03-31-13 10:34AM
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

I watched every shot of the Canada v China game and never once thought China had a chance to win it. Sternwheeler, did you watch it, the end score showed little of the control Jacobs had throughout the game.

I watched quite a bit of the China v Czech game and wonder how the Czechs ever beat a good Norwegian team. The Norwegians need to get on track in a hurry.

I would have loved to watch the USA v Finland game but was forced to monitor line scores and the percentages. I see an 8-3 win and Brady shooting 92 percent after playing the first four ends at 100% and jumping out to a big lead.

I saw Sweden struggle but win as good teams do.

I still think no one will stop Canada and Sweden from meeting at the end but have more hope for Clark and team and am a little worried about my China selection for third.

TJ
I am stuck on starting sentences with "I" this morning.

03-31-13 11:25AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

YEP BUT LETTING THOSE CHINESE CHINESE CHIP AWAY AT

AT THAT LEAD , I don't think the game outcome was in any real danger of losing BUT REMEMBER THAT 'ROUTINE SHOT BY RACHEL HOMAN IN GAME AGAINST MUIRHEAD ? ....LEAVE NOTHING TO CHANCE ....

03-31-13 11:27AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ
Watched every shot of the Canada v China game and never once thought China had a chance to win it. Sternwheeler, did you watch it, the end score showed little of the control Jacobs had throughout the game.

Watched quite a bit of the China v Czech game and wonder how the Czechs ever beat a good Norwegian team. The Norwegians need to get on track in a hurry.

Would have loved to watch the USA v Finland game but was forced to monitor line scores and the percentages. I see an 8-3 win and Brady shooting 92 percent after playing the first four ends at 100% and jumping out to a big lead.

Saw Sweden struggle but win as good teams do.

Still think no one will stop Canada and Sweden from meeting at the end but have more hope for Clark and team and am a little worried about my China selection for third.

TJ
I am stuck on starting sentences with "I" this morning.

Not any more. lol. Really have got to get me a life. Agree. Am looking forward to a Canada Sweden championship final Its a little early to predict this but its just a feeling. Have a good day everyone.

03-31-13 01:13PM
mr. lucky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr. lucky Find more posts by mr. lucky Add mr. lucky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr. lucky
Hitting Paint

Ben Tucker

And a happy Easter to all. Resurrection Sunday should be the focal point of all Christians. Too many focus on the crucifixion. I am actually going to get off my butt and go to church today. [/B][/QUOTE]

CZ needs a like button

Dave Jensen

Wishing I had a license plate that said MT GRAVE

03-31-13 04:09PM
Willy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Willy Click here to Send Willy a Private Message Find more posts by Willy Add Willy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Willy
Drawmaster

God Bless you my friend

Syracuse is in the final four, Tuck I'm sure gave a great sermon today, Clark is undefeated, the bunny came to our house, and Canada will once again be curling World champions. The World is in perfect balance. God Bless!