M: The Big Spiel
M: Peace Tour Championship
: Peace Tour Championship - Junior
: Peace Tour Championship - Challenge
M: Stu Sells Mixed Doubles Championship
M: Americas Zone Challenge
M: Brandon Mens Bonspiel
Central Time (CT)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Site Admin please

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-02-18 05:36PM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Harvey Hacksmasher

Site Admin please

Can someone please tell me why all of a sudden our automatic login has disappeared. I have tried to come on here 3 times today and have had to long in at least 3 times for each time I want to log in. My login info is no longer saving and it has always saved.

Can someone follow this up please?

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-02-18 07:07PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

I'm also having issues. It seems like when I access certain parts of the site I am logged in and then when I go to a different page I'm not logged in.

This site is now pretty much a disaster. Very few people even bother to post any more and the level of discourse is nothing like it was 2-3 years ago.

It's hard for me to understand how, with tens of thousands of curlers and people who love to watch curling, there can't even be one decent curling forum with intelligent discussion about the sport.

01-09-18 05:34AM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

Apple iPad

I cannot access the last post feature on my iPad, I am not sure why this is. To access the posts if there is more than 1 page, I have to go through the full pages until I get to the last one.
The go to last post feature does not appear in the features, it is shown above the posts but is not effective in any way.
Thanks

01-09-18 07:14AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

These requests will mostly be ignored. I've been trying to get a response to my request "subscribe to this thread" for as long as the new site has been available. Totally being ignored. Thank you.

01-12-18 04:48AM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

IPad problems

Well Allbetts, I sure hope your crow tastes good, the problem has been fixed, the “go to last post” problem has been fixed.
Much appreciated admin group for your help on the fix.
Keep up the good work.

01-12-18 07:55AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

Re: IPad problems

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker
Well Allbetts, I sure hope your crow tastes good, the problem has been fixed, the “go to last post” problem has been fixed.
Much appreciated admin group for your help on the fix.
Keep up the good work.

How old are you. Like five??? I'm happy for you. Your problem has been fixed. Mine hasn't. Just to let you know.

01-12-18 12:06PM
broomsmith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for broomsmith Click here to Send broomsmith a Private Message Find more posts by broomsmith Add broomsmith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
broomsmith
Harvey Hacksmasher

Why don't you guys start a Reddit page then?

01-14-18 02:10AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Click here to Send On The Nose a Private Message Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by GregJP
I'm also having issues. It seems like when I access certain parts of the site I am logged in and then when I go to a different page I'm not logged in.

This site is now pretty much a disaster. Very few people even bother to post any more and the level of discourse is nothing like it was 2-3 years ago.

It's hard for me to understand how, with tens of thousands of curlers and people who love to watch curling, there can't even be one decent curling forum with intelligent discussion about the sport.

^ Very, very well stated.
I very much agree.

"It is easy in the world to live after the worlds opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

01-14-18 11:59AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

this site is a labor of love for many years

courtesy of gerry and the admin guys

its free - and relatively free of crackpots that tend to takeover free sites ( zerohedge comes to mind )

it allows silly opinions and seldom deletes them - as does the winnipeg free press which costs $400 a year and deletes many posts they dont agree with

i am sure that cz would appreciate a donation

if everyone paid $5 a month ( $10 to post) they could hire an it guy to tune up site

01-15-18 01:09AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Click here to Send On The Nose a Private Message Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
this site is a labor of love for many years

courtesy of gerry and the admin guys

its free - and relatively free of crackpots that tend to takeover free sites ( zerohedge comes to mind )

it allows silly opinions and seldom deletes them - as does the winnipeg free press which costs $400 a year and deletes many posts they dont agree with

i am sure that cz would appreciate a donation

if everyone paid $5 a month ( $10 to post) they could hire an it guy to tune up site

They get money from advertizers - though I suspect they're getting less money from them now, because it certainly seems like less people visit this site since the 'update' (which was obviously a downgrade).

This is a flagrant case of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
They decided to make significant changes to something which was working well. There was no need.
Further, they didn't even follow through with the change. There were obviously many problems with the new layout from the very beginning of it - and posters (the ones who did not abandon the site because of the change) told the administrators of many of the problems - specifically. Very few of those problems have been fixed.

This was once a good and enjoyable curling site - one where we could exchange ideas and discuss matters related to a sport we love.
That has been removed from us all - replaced with a dysfunctional layout that no-one likes.
So who is this terrible change good for, exactly? It's obviously not good for us, the curling fans and curlers who come to the site for information and discussion... it's not good for the administrators or advertizers who have seen a significant loss of visits to the site...

I cannot understand why it's been left this way for so long, as it is clearly to the detriment of everyone, with no advantages for anyone.

Sigh...

"It is easy in the world to live after the worlds opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson