Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Johnny Mo joins Cotter

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 10 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-05-13 03:07PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Has kennedy ever played a position where he has been in charge of the hoouse though and needed to call line? how would he even be in that position?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

05-05-13 03:09PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

What about temporarily poaching the Sask'n skip (Virtue) or his big third, Brandon "Hec" Moskowy....?

I dont know..I know that its not about what I want but I am not a fan of the idea of Kevin disrupting that team.

05-05-13 03:11PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by icemnnjack
no matter howthey do it. really cant see hebert playing second. no inturn and no high level hitting ability. every endwould look like a skins. personally I think this teams chances of being over .500 at the trials left with john. kevin may be contemplating hard about who will accually play if they call for fear of rejection time after time. I could see someone like eckstrand filling the second spot. hes been with the team before. appleman? maybe

Eckstand might have been with the team before but I cant recall him getting any ice time. How is he as a shot maker, good enough for this level?

05-05-13 03:21PM
icemnnjack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for icemnnjack Find more posts by icemnnjack Add icemnnjack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
icemnnjack
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

Eckstand might have been with the team before but I cant recall him getting any ice time. How is he as a shot maker, good enough for this level?

he can make shots for sure. as a second or third, he trows similar to kennedy thats why they took him when marcs wife was prego. he s been a vice AB provincial junior champ and has skipped and played third for some decent teams.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-05-13 05:27PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Legend speaks a mouthfull.....

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Earle coaches Homan not Muirhead.

ofcourse how silly of me to think that ....must be from the long long long drive I had just undertaken

05-05-13 06:50PM
Unregistered

quote:

If Kevin M. poached Moskowy or Virtue for the Trials, couldn't Team Virtue still field a team for the Sask'n playdowns if Team Martin doesn't take the Olympic spot? (ie. basically borrowing an up 'n coming superstar for a big event, THE BIGGEST)

Im sure they could but thats not my issue. This is a new team that needs to develop , they only just hbit their stride and starting getting results late into this season so I wouldnt be a fan of kevin disrupting them now.

In any case I doubt that this team is even in kevin's radar

05-05-13 10:23PM
Unregistered

Martin's answer lies in the west, like Morris's.

Brent Pierce.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.121.225.153

05-06-13 11:42AM
iCurl

If Martin were to poach someone from the Virtue team wonder if it would start a good ol'fashioned family feud (Kidby, Hebert)? Probably not. After all everyone on the Virtue team left other team members when they thought they saw more personal advantage elsewhere. No room for complaint.
If Martin nabs Virtue he could stay for provincials if they don't win the trials-which I'm counting on . Not sure how he'd fit in personality-wise. Probably a lot more compliant than JohnnyMo which should suit Martin. No idea what the front end's reaction would be.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.69.30

05-06-13 04:16PM
Duck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duck Click here to Send Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Duck Add Duck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duck
Swing Artist

Here is a fun one that would be sure interesting.

Marc moves up to Third, and Scott Howard comes in to play 2nd.

Let the bashing begin

05-06-13 06:09PM
Unregistered

Virtue, huh? Makes sense. and yeah. He'll be on Martin's radar. He's a young giant slayer with the ability to drag a going no where team, kicking and screaming, to the Brier. He can do the trials with Martin and if they don't get the big prize, he can still play out of SK for the Brier spot.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.89.62.122

05-06-13 08:45PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Virtue, huh? Makes sense. and yeah. He'll be on Martin's radar. He's a young giant slayer with the ability to drag a going no where team, kicking and screaming, to the Brier. He can do the trials with Martin and if they don't get the big prize, he can still play out of SK for the Brier spot.

I guess it all depends on whether or not kevin thinks that Brock..or anyone from that team can get him back to the to where he wants to be. I am guessing that kevin will also want someone for the long term because I dont think he will retire any time soon..unless of course he continues to struggle like he has

Brock and that team only formed a year ago , if Kevin is looking at them then , as i said he's looking long term, not just for the trials. That means that team goes through yet another line up change. and would brock really be willing to go from playing for alberta then saskatchewan and back to alberta in such a short period of time?

05-06-13 10:14PM
Unregistered

quote:

I think Kevin can offer Team Virtue a ton of stuff in consideration for a lend/lease arrangement. Kevin will be 47 or 48 after the Olympics, certainly younger than Glen Howard (52) or Stoughton (51) will be. He could basically give Virtue a shot at 3rd and add Moskowy or DJ Kidby as an Olympic alternate if he was successful in winning the trials spot.
In any event Team Virtue would train alongside Martin at the Savill Centre all year long, and if Martin decided to pull the pin on his playing career he could coach and sponsor the Virtue Gang.

Virtue showed some good things at his first Brier. He'd be a good choice for Team Martin....

I would guess if Kevin is looking at that team Moskowy would make the most sense...... I can't find the article but I remember reading about how impressed Kevin was with him after he qualified for the playoffs at the players championship when he was still in juniors....... He seems to have a great understands of the game as well as a cool head not to mention is good friends with Hebert, they're always golfing together. (Regina boys) Plus moskowy sweeps on both sides and I'm sure would be fine moving to edmonton where crocker is?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.165.85.126

05-06-13 10:20PM
Unregistered

quote:

In any event Team Virtue would train alongside Martin at the Savill Centre all year long, and if Martin decided to pull the pin on his playing career he could coach and sponsor the Virtue Gang.

Incredibly your scenarios get more and more unlikely and more schmaltzy all the time

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.205.64

05-07-13 01:05PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

I guess it all depends on whether or not kevin thinks that Brock..or anyone from that team can get him back to the to where he wants to be. I am guessing that kevin will also want someone for the long term because I dont think he will retire any time soon..unless of course he continues to struggle like he has

Kevin isn't looking for long-term. He's made it pretty clear that the 2014 Olympics is the end of his active competing. That's probably one of the reasons he's not getting any resounding and immediate "yes" for the chance to join Team Martin from any of the known and expected powerhouse players. Team Virtue doesn't have the major sponsors and training opportunities those players do - but they do have Brock. He was the up and coming before he left AB and turned in a highly respectable showing as the SK rep at his first Brier. I'm thinking you offer the team training & sponsorship in return for "lending" a player. You don't need provincial affiliation for the trials and the SK team won't have to move to AB to reap the benefits.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.89.62.122

05-07-13 05:30PM
Unregistered

i bet$100 that the deal is done .... less than 40 curlers that would say no ... and they are already in .... if someone in the next 40 were asked and i played with them id tell the guy to go for it ... once in a lifetime opportunity for someone .... 30% chance of gold in february right now with those 3 heavy hitters .. almost a freeride for someone ...

ifit goes for auction ill start at $10,000 .. sweeping will be gentle but ill throw 89%

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

05-07-13 08:15PM
amandabulge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amandabulge Click here to Send amandabulge a Private Message Visit amandabulge's homepage! Find more posts by amandabulge Add amandabulge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amandabulge
Hitting Paint

Reported on erinisfeldctv twitter statues announcement on new player for team Martin at 3:30 mst tomorrow

Last edited by amandabulge on 05-07-13 at 08:30PM

05-07-13 10:23PM
Unregistered

oh-oh make that $25,000

05-07-13 10:30PM
Unregistered

david nedohin

05-07-13 11:57PM
Unregistered

quote:
Its been nearly two weeks since John Morris pulled the pin.

Frankly, I thought that would be all the time K-Mart needed to make the necessary changes for the Olympic Trials and the upcoming curling year.

But, apparently,

1. Both David Nedohin and Brad Gushue turned down overtures to plug in at 3rd for Team Mart.

2. John Morris refused all doubt he was just having an off-season temper tantrum and removed doubts he would come back by joining Jim 'Welcome Back' Cotter in BC.

3. Apparently no interest in the retired 3rds community. (ie. Blake McDonald and Rich Hart)

The smart money now is on Martin making internal moves; elevating Marc Kennnedy to third and accomplishing the easier task finding a replacement for Mr. Kennedy.

A Family Fixit could simply see Kennedy move to 3rd and Karrack Martin (Martin's young kid) plugging in at second.

Barring a reconsideration by a retired curler like Hart or an unlikely poaching of a superstar third like Jon Mead I suspect Martin will move forward with an internal shift, retaining the right to change the lineup as the Trials near.

The smart money is on internal? You get worse every day, which I thought was impossible.

Dave Nedohin will be announced tomorrow.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.86.31.244

05-08-13 02:38AM
Unregistered

My money is on Brent Pierce.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.121.225.253

05-08-13 12:07PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

David Nedohin is not going to be the one. He has made a commitment to be look after his children

05-08-13 12:16PM
Oly M. Pics is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oly M. Pics Click here to Send Oly M. Pics a Private Message Find more posts by Oly M. Pics Add Oly M. Pics to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oly M. Pics
Hitting Paint

I will put in my uneducated guess..... Blake MacDonald..... or Scott Pfeiffer

05-08-13 05:31PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Its not an impossibility. Even with David repelling the initial query. All it takes is the nod from The Boss, Heather Nedohin and they will find a way to both go out of curling with a BANG, in the same year.

Heather is nearing 40, probably her final soiree into the Olympic competition. She's already qualified for the Roar, so why not bring both of them in. Heather with her squad and Dave with The Old Bear. They don't curl on the same draws during the event.

If the offer is still out there for David, I suspect Martin reels him in and thus no disruption of other squads like Virtue.

but why should david and heather have to rethink their plans? as it is now they have it set that heather will play at the trials and david will watch the kids

David seems perfectly happy with the decision . He knows heather sacrificed to take care of the kids while he had his time in the sun and now he's doing the same for her.

In any case we will all know in about an hour anyway since kevin is set to make his announcement.

If i was a betting man I would put money on someone within alberta like blake mcdonald.

05-08-13 05:37PM
Duck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duck Click here to Send Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Duck Add Duck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duck
Swing Artist

Just announced Nedohin is indeed the addition.

05-08-13 05:42PM
Unregistered

Winnerpegers know when to say yes...,,martin now a 50% chance at a gold in february