Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 17 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-17-13 10:39PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I never thought I would say this, but I would rather see JJ than team NS getting killed. It's like watching the Monday night business women playing in a cash spiel. BC didn't even have to try too hard.

Concern for Team ON have easy games early. Hopefully Earl keeps reminding them of what is to come.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-17-13 11:04PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Lucky us. Tomorrow afternoon feature game on TSN2 is Manitoba vs Nova Scotia (again!!!!) Another loss by Nova Scotia will likely result in gum cud chewing Colleen Jones skipping and maybe keep throwing 2nd stones.

Ontario versus BC would be a much better feature game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

02-17-13 11:15PM
iCurl

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Lucky us. Tomorrow afternoon feature game on TSN2 is Manitoba vs Nova Scotia (again!!!!) Another loss by Nova Scotia will likely result in gum cud chewing Colleen Jones skipping and maybe keep throwing 2nd stones.

On their broadcast tonight they said they will show QC/CA. I'm guessing (hoping) they changed their mind. Do want to see more of MB, but please no more NS so soon. Having said that it's unfortunatee that their prime-time options both last night and tonight weren't that great. Probably on paper BC/NS looked most promising. I think TSN are doing fine given what they have to work with.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.134.112

02-17-13 11:17PM
bradn87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bradn87 Click here to Send bradn87 a Private Message Visit bradn87's homepage! Find more posts by bradn87 Add bradn87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bradn87
Hitting Paint

Four teams tied at the head of the pack (http://www.curlingscoops.com/news/2...-teams-leading/).

Which of them do you think will crack first? Homan, Jones, Nedohin, or Shumay?

02-17-13 11:26PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

What a disappointment Nova Scotia has turned out to be. I'm thinking that the three losses are the total a complete responsibility of Colleen Jones. She has just intimidated Mary Ann to the point that Mary Ann has no confidence in herself. I noticed tonight on one of Colleens shots that Mary Ann and Kim were about to sweep Colleens rock after it made contact with the opponents rock and Colleen shouted NO NO NO and both ladies just jumped out of their skin. I was so looking forward to the revamped team.

02-17-13 11:49PM
Unregistered

quote:

I think the curling is on tsn not tsn2, I know on their site says tsn2 but im sure its just a mistake.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

02-17-13 11:58PM
Unregistered

Red face 2014 Scotties

Goes to Montreal ... WOW!!

I'm shocked the CCA would go there.

02-18-13 01:26AM
Wally Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wally Curler Click here to Send Wally Curler a Private Message Find more posts by Wally Curler Add Wally Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wally Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Montreal doesn't surprise me for a couple of reasons.

It's a bit of a gamble, as Montreal is not prime territory for curling in this country, but there is nothing wrong on moving into a market like Montreal, which is a huge media market and could attract a new audience.

The Scotties hasn't been in Quebec since 1979. Plus, Kruger is probably one of the best sponsors in curling, so it's nice to acknowledge them and host an event in their backyard.

Also, next year is an Olympic year, so the interest for curling by non-curlers is always piqued. Why go to a curling hotbed when the iron is hot? It's probably better to go to large market like Montreal, Vancouver or a Toronto suburb such as Oshawa or Mississauga.

It might not generate the attendance as other mid-major cities such as London, Kingston, Red Deer or Charlottetown, but moving the Scotties to Montreal during an Olympic year is a strategic move.

If you're going to take a gamble, might as well gamble during an Olympic year.

More Monday morning thoughts here: http://hurryhardblog.blogspot.ca/20...toids-from.html

02-18-13 09:37AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

is it for sure manitoba/ nova scotia? because I thought they said they would cover Quebec/Canada.

as a Colleen Jones fan I really cant stand to watch another smackdown. Coming from an angle of showing respect to the defending champions it might be good to put another team Canada game on..it might be slightly embarrassing to say that you only covered a full game featuring the defending champions once in 6 draws.

I know they like to show JJ..it seems they have a love affir with her but there will be plenty of more interesting oppertunities to show her games to come.

I also dont think it would do womens curling any favors to feature a game which is going to end up as another beat down for a 3rd time in a row. better to show a game that is likely to be competitive such as Quebec/ Canada or Ontario/British Columbia

Last edited by misty1 on 02-18-13 at 09:39AM

02-18-13 09:54AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

according to Bryan Mudryk's twitter account, they will indeed be showing QC/CAN. The TSN website still says MB/NS but given the way both of those teams have played so far, they are well advised to broadcast something else. I never expected this miserable play out of Nova Scotia - they look really lost out there.

02-18-13 10:22AM
Unregistered

NS

It really is too bad that NS is putting on such a s**t show. I feel bad for mary anne who seems to be having less and less control as each game goes on. I think its time they gracefully fade away into senior play and let Mary Anne try again in the future with some young up and coming pups.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 83.100.214.193

02-18-13 10:48AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Wally Curler
Montreal doesn't surprise me for a couple of reasons.

It's a bit of a gamble, as Montreal is not prime territory for curling in this country, but there is nothing wrong on moving into a market like Montreal, which is a huge media market and could attract a new audience.

The Scotties hasn't been in Quebec since 1979. Plus, Kruger is probably one of the best sponsors in curling, so it's nice to acknowledge them and host an event in their backyard.

Also, next year is an Olympic year, so the interest for curling by non-curlers is always piqued. Why go to a curling hotbed when the iron is hot? It's probably better to go to large market like Montreal, Vancouver or a Toronto suburb such as Oshawa or Mississauga.

It might not generate the attendance as other mid-major cities such as London, Kingston, Red Deer or Charlottetown, but moving the Scotties to Montreal during an Olympic year is a strategic move.

If you're going to take a gamble, might as well gamble during an Olympic year.

More Monday morning thoughts here: http://hurryhardblog.blogspot.ca/20...toids-from.html

The CCA can afford to make less $ on the Scotties or Brier in a Trial year (2013-14) because of the revenue that the Trials generate. Similar strategy when the Men's Worlds are in Canada, the CCA can give the marquis events to smaller markets or non-curling hotbeds.
2014 Brier in Kamloops.

02-18-13 11:00AM
dewd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dewd Click here to Send dewd a Private Message Find more posts by dewd Add dewd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dewd
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
according to Bryan Mudryk's twitter account, they will indeed be showing QC/CAN. The TSN website still says MB/NS but given the way both of those teams have played so far, they are well advised to broadcast something else. I never expected this miserable play out of Nova Scotia - they look really lost out there.

Glad to hear this. The sooner TSN figures out that team NS is not anywhere close to a challenger this week, the better.

I have lots of respect for Colleen Jones as a curler, even though I've never enjoyed her defensive style. It does make for a good story to have this team at the Scotties, but a good story doesn't guarantee good curling, and I would much rather be given a chance to see good curling.

The struggles of this team really shouldn't be that much of a surprise. It's been a long time since they've competed much at this level. Currently, they are not in the top 50, even, in either the WCT Order of Merit or Money List. The 2006 version of this team may have made the Scotties playoffs, but got hammered by Jennifer Jones in the semi, and the previous year didn't even make the playoffs. Again, good story to have them get back to the Scotties, but hopefully this team will not be televised again this week.

02-18-13 11:06AM
Unregistered

morning draws

Did the cca cancel morning draws so the ladies would be ready to curl in the afternoon or was it to allow the icemaker to recover from his hangover!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.89.93.111

02-18-13 11:07AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Re: NS

quote:
[i]O... I think its time they gracefully fade away into senior play and let Mary Anne try again in the future with some young up and coming pups. [/B]
N.S. isn't the only team coming out of the gate with a slow start, and no one is calling for the dismantling of the NFLD, ALTA, PEI or NT teams.

Keep in mind that there were high expectations for Nova Scotia precisely because the team of Jones, Kelly, Arsenault et.al. always punched above their weight. Only one N.S. team has qualified for playoffs with a 7-4 record since the Jones dynasty halted in 2006.

02-18-13 11:47AM
iCurl

ON, MB and CA have each already been featured in 1 game so far so it seems logical to show CA again. They haven't been featured since game 1. Not to mention we had to watch BC twice yesterday. Next to NS they're the team I least want to see for a day or 2. Hope they keep the plans to show SK/PE tonight. SK has been the surprise team so far, and although PE has a losing record they have already played CA and MB both of whom they gave a bit of challenge to. I expect them to win a few more games.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.134.112

02-18-13 12:02PM
Unregistered

Re: NS

quote:
It really is too bad that NS is putting on such a s**t show. I feel bad for mary anne who seems to be having less and less control as each game goes on. I think its time they gracefully fade away into senior play and let Mary Anne try again in the future with some young up and coming pups.

yeah well the problem is the youth in nova scotia doesnt seem to be all that good. The fact that 2 of the 3 and 3 of the 4 top teams from the playdowns in nova scotia this year were senior teams is disturbing to say the least

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

02-18-13 12:07PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I wonder out loud which TSN official decided to ban Ontario's Rachel Homan from early RR games on TV.

The natural game today (forget about JJ vs. Coco regardless of how well Coco gets her team up for the game and whether JJ decides to take the afternoon off) is

Ontario vs. BC

Gotta get at least one Ontario game in the first third of the event.

Homan is the real terror for the field.

So why not pit her up against a two time champions (Scott) that features a solid front end plus a legendary third (Schraeder) still in her prime.

The only imbalance in that game is Kelly Scott is no longer competitive against big, bad monsters like Homan or Jones, probably Nedohin, too!

Would love to see if Schraeder was able to torment Miskew or vice-versa.

The prospect of seeing Nedohin torment both the nervous Quebec girls and a large viewing audience is truly disturbing!

check your facts because the young second of quebec is young but not nervous. O'rourke is at a 79 and 4th overall..thats pretty good for someone's first time

actually ross and o'rourke have been okay through the first 3 games, its been the lead and 3rd that have been the problem.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

02-18-13 12:26PM
Unregistered

I just can't stand Beth Iskew's nasally voice and incredibly long face (both physically/esthetically and after misses). Followed up by Heather's bipolarism and antics it truly is a gong show out there. I despise Jennifer jones but would much rather watch her than this flash in the pan that is Nedohin. She's lucky to be 3-0. If Crawford can make a guard its almost for sure steal of 2 and loss. If Arsenault makes a shot she has to draw full 4 foot which she likely makes but still...she didn't have to try. And then yesterday afternoon...a close game against vampire... I mean birt. Nothing to be proud off.

Looking forward to the meltdown that is about to be a string of losses for Nedohin. 5-6 or 6-5 final record.

If its not a Jones/Homan final, there is something wrong. Other than MB and ONT the curl has been atrocious. I've seen juniors and league curlers play better and have better strategy.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.224.222.211

02-18-13 12:33PM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

Re: morning draws

quote:
Did the cca cancel morning draws so the ladies would be ready to curl in the afternoon or was it to allow the icemaker to recover from his hangover!

I don't know the 'real' reason the CCA has eliminated morning draws on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but I suspect it has to do with a combination of the following:

- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning draws are typically not well attended

- Friday now has three guaranteed draws which makes the selling of a closing weekend game package (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) more attractive

- historically, the curlers aren't fans of the morning draws either

I personally like this new schedule. I guess we'll have to see how things go with the semi final and final both now on Sunday.

Note that this same draw schedule is being used at the Brier this year so it has nothing to do with the ladies being ready to curl in the afternoon and I don't suspect the icemakers' hangover recovery being an issue either. The head icemaker at any of these events will often work late into the morning to ensure a good surface for the players - I doubt they're spending much time at the Heart Stop Lounge or the Brier Patch.

02-18-13 12:41PM
Unregistered

quote:
I just can't stand Beth Iskew's nasally voice and incredibly long face (both physically/esthetically and after misses). Followed up by Heather's bipolarism and antics it truly is a gong show out there. I despise Jennifer jones but would much rather watch her than this flash in the pan that is Nedohin. She's lucky to be 3-0. If Crawford can make a guard its almost for sure steal of 2 and loss. If Arsenault makes a shot she has to draw full 4 foot which she likely makes but still...she didn't have to try. And then yesterday afternoon...a close game against vampire... I mean birt. Nothing to be proud off.

Looking forward to the meltdown that is about to be a string of losses for Nedohin. 5-6 or 6-5 final record.

If its not a Jones/Homan final, there is something wrong. Other than MB and ONT the curl has been atrocious. I've seen juniors and league curlers play better and have better strategy.

Seems to me you should watch something else.....perhaps something that gives you some enjoyment.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.76.2.33

02-18-13 01:15PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Re: Re: morning draws

quote:
Originally posted by FollowingAlong

I don't know the 'real' reason the CCA has eliminated morning draws on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but I suspect it has to do with a combination of the following:

- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning draws are typically not well attended

I guess it never occurred to the CCA event organizers that Monday is a civic holiday in Ontario, and it may have been a good idea to have an early morning draw today. You know. Because people aren't at work and are looking for something to do as a family and all. Could have put some promotion behind it to fill the seats.

Last edited by johnnysmoke on 02-18-13 at 01:17PM

02-18-13 01:33PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I'm as big a fan of Jennifer Jones as exists on the planet but to feature her up with Gumchew Jones on today's TSN feature is just plain dumb.

ANd its not because JJ will blow Gumchew out. I actually think Jennifer will do what she always does, play the scoreboard and let Gumchew, Maryane, Kimbo into the game, probably a little barnburner.

Much better to throw the monsters on the ice (ie. Homan/Ontario) and give Canada some idea why they are terrorizing the field.

Yeah, Jones team might be curling up to near 90% but they've been fed feebles thus far. Even Kelly Scott had to be steamed that Jennifer gave her one of the most miserable thrashings of her near 25 year career.

I guess TSN's tall foreheads figure this is Colleen's last stand - if she loses to Manitoba, she'll be off TV for good and just become a ceremonial curler for the balance of the event.

Ontario has played those three monsters - NWT,NFLD and ALBERTA.

Rachel has a good team, legend, but they are not the machine you make them out to be, they have bad games just like everyone else.

So chill on the excessive hype, K!! Wait until they win something of significance you annotate them the greatest ever.

02-18-13 01:40PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by dewd

Glad to hear this. The sooner TSN figures out that team NS is not anywhere close to a challenger this week, the better.

I have lots of respect for Colleen Jones as a curler, even though I've never enjoyed her defensive style. It does make for a good story to have this team at the Scotties, but a good story doesn't guarantee good curling, and I would much rather be given a chance to see good curling.

The struggles of this team really shouldn't be that much of a surprise. It's been a long time since they've competed much at this level. Currently, they are not in the top 50, even, in either the WCT Order of Merit or Money List. The 2006 version of this team may have made the Scotties playoffs, but got hammered by Jennifer Jones in the semi, and the previous year didn't even make the playoffs. Again, good story to have them get back to the Scotties, but hopefully this team will not be televised again this week.

If tsn can show bc and ns they certanly should show manitoba vs ns.

02-18-13 01:49PM
Unregistered

quote:

Ontario has played those three monsters - NWT,NFLD and ALBERTA.

Rachel has a good team, legend, but they are not the machine you make them out to be, they have bad games just like everyone else.

So chill on the excessive hype, K!! Wait until they win something of significance before you annoint them the greatest ever.

Typing on my phone SUCKS!!