Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Johnny Mo joins Cotter

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 10 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-08-13 06:13PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Nehodin is not a good fit for that squad. They are going nowhere fast!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 68.148.6.117

05-08-13 06:28PM
Unregistered

It's done. Nedohin joining team Martin according to TSN.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.103.184.76

05-08-13 06:29PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Nehodin is not a good fit for that squad. They are going nowhere fast!

Have to agree with you. Love David Nedohin - but not with Martin

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.89.62.122

05-08-13 06:40PM
Unregistered

lol .. some bitter unregistereds here

team is better now than it ever was .. the obvious choice

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

05-08-13 06:43PM
Unregistered

quote:

Have to agree with you. Love David Nedohin - but not with Martin

I totally agree with you. I want to cheer for Dave, but I am not a fan of the Martin team. But really, Dave has nothing to lose by joining Martin, and I think both he and Heather saw that. Dave's own team didn't make it out of provincials and this gives Dave a chance for the Olympics without all the pressure from the last 4 years. Now to see if the team chemistry will gel in the next few months.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 208.98.244.89

05-08-13 06:56PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

I always remember David as a finesse player. Can he play third and throw those big weight shots?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-08-13 07:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Well consider me officially stunned. I never would have pictured david nedohin curling with kevin martin, I thought he just did not like him at all so this suprises me. I guess David and Heather talked it over and Heather gave Dave the green light as legend said.

I am with those people who dont think of this as a great partnership but we'll see.

05-08-13 07:11PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unregistered

apparently kevin. marc, and ben thought he was a good fit ...didnt take them along to decide to offer it to him either ...

cmon dave ... change your mind ...its only a week if you lose in dec and only another week if you win ...

i was a pretty good salesman .. i could get a deal done in an hour

try again marc .. get heather on board first .. women usually get their way around my house ........
[/QUOTE

And 4 gold medals are next.

05-08-13 07:47PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Team martin has just improved in attitude, strategy, sweeping, shotmaking and teamwork.

05-08-13 08:09PM
Unregistered

credit Kris and Neill nedohin who volunteered to babysit, they moved to edm about 8 years ago from Charleswood ... home to team Stoughton .

05-08-13 08:22PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
David Nedohin is not going to be the one. He has made a commitment to be look after his children

Hmmmmm. I had Morris going to BC and Nedohin going to Martin.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.187.103.209

05-08-13 08:59PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
David Nedohin is not going to be the one. He has made a commitment to be look after his children

Children are dispensable. Olympic medal chances come once every 4 yrs or maybe once in a lifetime.

05-08-13 09:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Children are dispensable. Olympic medal chances come once every 4 yrs or maybe once in a lifetime.

Thats a pretty crude way of putting it.

05-08-13 09:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Hmmmmm. I had Morris going to BC and Nedohin going to Martin.

you did not

05-08-13 09:44PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Nedohin should be a fit...from what I saw at the Players when he spared for Norway, he seemed cool, calm & respectful...might be just the thing for Tean Martin to "roar" at the rings

05-08-13 10:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

except that I think that theam ulsrud's personalities match way more with his than anyone on team martin's does

who knows maybe I am wrong, like I said we will see.

05-08-13 11:33PM
dewd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dewd Click here to Send dewd a Private Message Find more posts by dewd Add dewd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dewd
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Sometimes his brain got in the way of his title count as in the final game vs. Murdoch a few years back. ...

I suspect Martin will still tell you that was the correct call, and even after Murdoch made as good a shot as possible, Martin still had a makeable shot to win it, but threw it way too tight.

05-09-13 08:49AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by decade
[B]

Children are dispensable.

Do you even know what that word means. Your attitude sounds quite course to me. Perhaps resilient would be a better choice word.

05-09-13 11:11AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

People change over time misty . . . Martin will be incredibly accomodating with Nedohin and so will The Henchmen

David will probably be the tightest guy on the squad, trying to prove that Martin's choice was the right one.

Plus, his style is counter to the Mega-Weight style that has followed Johnny Mo around for years. Ned comes out of the hack slower, releases the rock differently than John and also leans to a different strategic style.

Martin knows how much he's appreciated in Alberta as 'The Greatest Ever' to play the game. Even though he's the youngest of the 3 Elders of the T (Howard52, Stoughton50, Martin47) he doesn't want to taint his legacy by a simple act of war or crazy off-ice talk.

Even when he failed to attain a playoff spot at the recent Brier in Edmonton he was given a marvellous send-off by fans.

If he can get David Ned from Planet Zed to play his style of game (and thats the BIG IF) I suspect Martin now becomes a strong co-favourite at the Roar (obviously with Howard & Stoughton) as he'd like to close the drapes on his career with another Olympic title.

I think that with david on his team kevin might have to adapt his style a bit. If i remember correctly david isnt that great at the big weight shots so if kevin is going to count on david to bail him out the way john did he might be in trouble

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

05-09-13 11:26AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Whatever personality clashes there might appear to be between Nedohin and Martin, the time horizon is sufficiently short (December for the trials) with a big enough carrot (Sochi) that I'm sure they can make it work long enough. We're not talking about a multi-year partnership here.

05-09-13 11:44AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nelsosi
Whatever personality clashes there might appear to be between Nedohin and Martin, the time horizon is sufficiently short (December for the trials) with a big enough carrot (Sochi) that I'm sure they can make it work long enough. We're not talking about a multi-year partnership here. [/QUOT

Absolutely, they (the Martin team) all have the same goal in mind. I sincerely hope this works for them.

05-09-13 02:39PM
Unregistered

quote:

I think that with david on his team kevin might have to adapt his style a bit. If i remember correctly david isnt that great at the big weight shots so if kevin is going to count on david to bail him out the way john did he might be in trouble

and there is the crux of why so many of us think this combination won't work well. Martin was great with John bailing him out of trouble with the big weight shots and clearing the house for a pretty little skip shot. Nedohin's precision style shooting, more suited to the skip shot, won't leave Martin with that open draw or sweet little tap back

05-09-13 02:56PM
chapnlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chapnlie Click here to Send chapnlie a Private Message Find more posts by chapnlie Add chapnlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chapnlie
Swing Artist

quote:

and there is the crux of why so many of us think this combination won't work well. Martin was great with John bailing him out of trouble with the big weight shots and clearing the house for a pretty little skip shot. Nedohin's precision style shooting, more suited to the skip shot, won't leave Martin with that open draw or sweet little tap back

OR, David will make one of his fabulous finesse shots so Martin will not have to bail the team out of trouble...

05-09-13 04:24PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by chapnlie

OR, David will make one of his fabulous finesse shots so Martin will not have to bail the team out of trouble...

I think you missed the previous posters point that it was John Morris that did the bailing for the Martin team. just sayin

05-09-13 06:38PM
Unregistered

the run back is a piece of cake if you can hit the broom ... games are won by putting it on the pimple with last rock in EE
- koe's last brick in the brier...
throw for show .. draw for dough

nedohin can hit and draw as good as ANYONE -- its a natural ability acquired from living in winnipeg ... HE WILL CURL 90% + at the mts centre in december

he needs to drop about 10 pounds thou - get back into his water skiing championship form