Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Johnny Mo joins Cotter

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 10 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-24-13 05:59PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Morris has had enough

I guess even the lure of the Olympics wasn't enough to get Morris to endure another year of Martin. The team looked a bit off at the players IMHO

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-24-13 06:03PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Where's he gonna go? He must have a spot on another Trials team lined up, at least you'd think.

Koe dumping Simmons maybe? Gushue?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.22.16.53

04-24-13 06:04PM
AteEnder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AteEnder Find more posts by AteEnder Add AteEnder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AteEnder
Harvey Hacksmasher

http://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/joh...n-curling-team/

04-24-13 06:04PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

Re: Morris has had enough

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
I guess even the lure of the Olympics wasn't enough to get Morris to endure another year of Martin. The team looked a bit off at the players IMHO

Could you elaborate?

04-24-13 06:13PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

He hasn't looked happy for over a year, IMO. The snappy remarks toward the rest of the team when he has been miked, the body language etc. As a successful junior skip, perhaps it was only time before the urge to skip again got him. Although I am surprised he didn't wait until after the trials. Must have been
a real schism.

04-24-13 06:16PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
He hasn't looked happy for over a year, IMO. The snappy remarks toward the rest of the team when he has been miked, the body language etc. As a successful junior skip, perhaps it was only time before the urge to skip again got him. Although I am surprised he didn't wait until after the trials. Must have been
a real schism.

Spot on decade...the long face said it all. Surprised Hebert & Kennedy haven't joined him...

04-24-13 06:26PM
Unregistered

Maybe they will join him, or maybe he is going back to Ontario, with Epping???

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.235.189.32

04-24-13 06:34PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Spot on decade...the long face said it all. Surprised Hebert & Kennedy haven't joined him...

What makes you say that...?

I've never been a fan of Morris. Not in Ontario or when he jumped ship for Alberta. He's always rubbed me the wrong way with his poor attitude and lack of respect he seems to have for opponents. Saying a guy "doesn't have the stones" to play a shot when you know your miked on live TV (like at this years Brier) says it all to me.

04-24-13 07:42PM
Unregistered

hopefully everything is ok ... maybe we shouldnt jump to too many conclusions here til we see y

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-24-13 07:58PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Things were not working on the team this year but to be honest its only really been one season that they have struggled..I am kind of surprised that thats all it took for him to decide to leave instead of sticking around 1 more season and seeing if they could turn things around

I do wonder where he will go. Perhaps he will hook up with Koe and Simmons will go back to saskatchewan. Maybe he will join up with Charley Thomas and his rink ..or maybe he's already got a lineup set up that we dont know about

I wonder if he will play the olympic trials or not

I guess an even bigger question is what will kevin do? There are some good options to bring in to play third for him , alot of youngsters he could go with...or maybe he'll move kennedy up to 3rd and insert his son into the lineup?

04-24-13 08:15PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

I wonder if he will play the olympic trials or not

I guess an even bigger question is what will kevin do? There are some good options to bring in to play third for him , alot of youngsters he could go with...or maybe he'll move kennedy up to 3rd and insert his son into the lineup?

I doubt he'll play the trials. It would be really odd to make this announcement 8 months prior if he was. That's a huge spot to give up, so something pretty substantial must have happened for him to be leaving now. I assume Kennedy and Hebert are staying put for that potential Olympic birth..

04-24-13 08:38PM
Unregistered

not much of an announcement - hes leaving

04-24-13 08:40PM
gameon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gameon Click here to Send gameon a Private Message Find more posts by gameon Add gameon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameon
Hitting Paint

Kudos to him... if he wasn't happy, then he should leave. He'll surface on another team and keep adding to the sport. Hey, this is what the offseason is supposed to be... lots of rumors and then new teams are formed. It will be very interesting to see who Kevin adds and also to see where John goes.

04-24-13 08:54PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

good quotes from both

http://www.curling.ca/blog/2013/04/...m-kevin-martin/

04-24-13 09:08PM
Unregistered

well hes not sick so away we go

does morris carry any points ? if epping has already replaced howard does that mean he doesnt qualify if morris joined him ?

gushue and stoughton arent shy either

morris seemed happy with howard in the skins

i have this strong feeling there is a deal in the works ..

there HAS to be more to this story

04-24-13 09:38PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Does Johnny Mo really leave at this time without another plan already in place? The Olympics is a pretty big plum hanging out there and the next one is 4 more years away. What's next?

04-24-13 09:51PM
chapnlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chapnlie Click here to Send chapnlie a Private Message Find more posts by chapnlie Add chapnlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chapnlie
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
well hes not sick so away we go
does morris carry any points ? if epping has already replaced howard does that mean he doesnt qualify if morris joined him ?
gushue and stoughton arent shy either
morris seemed happy with howard in the skins
i have this strong feeling there is a deal in the works ..
there HAS to be more to this story

I can see why this poster didn't sign his name...like Howard is going to dump his buddy Middaugh, or one of the best front ends in the game, to pick up Morris! Or Stoughton is going to swap Jon Meade for Morris! I would like a little of what you're smokin...

While I think we will see more of Johnny Mo in this Olympic year, I think there is a better chance of him hooking w Epping to get back to Ontario if that can work, or possibly replacing Simmons on Koe's team. What is equally interesting is who will KMart pick up to take Morris' place.

04-24-13 10:02PM
Unregistered

Rumours are flying that it is Gushue that may have made a deal... not sure folks at all but who knows... Epping replacing Colin Mitchell could also be a rumour, and Epping and Bailey take one step down? Mathers then plays second and Bailey goes back to lead... Epping vicing for Morris.... Just saying anything is possible... it is silly season...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.235.189.32

04-24-13 10:30PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

The other deal is Martin says to Goo - 'Go try for your own spot at the pre-trials but if you don't make it, you're curling with me!'

This is about as bad as any imaginary scenario that you have ever presented on this board. Logically this does not make any sense what so ever. If Gushue is going to curl with the Martin team the commitment needs to come within the next month not when/if Gushue flames out at the pretrials

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.205.64

04-24-13 10:45PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
SHOCKA, SHOCKA

BETA BLOCKA....

PS. Would Brad Gushue please report to the K-Mart Centre in Edmonton, Brad Gushue.....

I suspect Gushue will forego his spot at the pre-trials in Kitchener and take Johnny Mo's position.....

The other deal is Martin says to Goo - 'Go try for your own spot at the pre-trials but if you don't make it, you're curling with me!'

However, thats pretty ruddy as both guys need some certainty in the equation and that wouldn't happen (training purposes, etc.) if too many options were available.

Gushue would be my first choice.

Ryan Fry would be my second.

(remember, I'm picking from teams currently without a ROAR RESERVATION)

Other men who could put in a good showing but I don't think are in the Johnny Mo percentile: Rob Fowler, Sean Grassie, Lefty the Crocodile Hunter from Team McNamee, David Nedohin.

And now, OUT OF THE F'N BLUE TWO SEMI-RETIRED NAMES EMERGE - Blake McDonald or Glenny Howard's prior 3rd man Richard Hart.

In conclusion - 90% sure its gonna be Hart or Gushue. Still time to train and get some spiels in....

There's no way Gushue is jumping ship to go curl with Martin. Not only does Gushue already have his own pretrials spot with a team capable of making it through the pretrials, I can't see Gushue being a good fit with this team at all.

My bet is they bring in someone local. Nedohin would be the obvious first choice to call. He threw vice a couple times for Ulsrud this year and played pretty well.... Plus he's played on the world stage, made the shots and knows what it takes. Blake MacDonald is another possibility. Rich Hart is an interesting idea, but I'd call that an extreme longshot.

For the nostalgia pick we could go for Donny Walchuk, just because Don Walchuk kicks ass and we miss seeing him on TV! :-)

04-24-13 10:55PM
Unregistered

If I were Pat Simmons, I'd start looking at houses back in Sask. John would b a perfect fit on that team. Koe would become the favourites at the trials.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 67.226.252.241

04-24-13 11:03PM
rocking chair curler

Well no one has wondered whether Geoff Walker could return to Alberta...he gave Kevin a run for his money a few years ago at the Provincials?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.7.56.33

04-24-13 11:11PM
iCurl

Have to wonder what the chemistry would be like between Koe and Morris. After all Morris left Koe a bit in the lurch when he joined Martin. Also noticed Koe didn't pick Morris in the Skins game draft when he was the first one with a chance to - I think Glenn was surprised he was still available.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.69.30

04-24-13 11:21PM
Unregistered

I am thinking that Kevin may not be looking for a third, Marc Kennedy has all the shots, he and Ben may move up and he brings in a new young horse to play lead. As for John, I hope he lands someplace that allows him to continue to compete. he is a great player and brings something special to the game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 50.100.66.219

04-24-13 11:23PM
Unregistered

Skins game.......OLympis, apples and oranges my friend. Koe knows his chances of wining the trials r better with JOhny Mo

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 67.226.252.241