Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 30 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-25-15 05:49PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

2015 Brier

The Brier starts Thursday with the first pre-qualifier game at 7pm Calgary time: PEI v. Yukon

http://www.curling.ca/2015brier-en/draw-schedule/

Coverage this year is going to be extensive: Bob Weeks has the scoop that TSN is going to show two games per draw across their TSN 1-5 channels:

http://bobweeksoncurling.blogspot.c...et-records.html

I've got two volunteers (so far!) lined up for CurlingGeek: one will cover all the Team Ontario games, the other arrives next Thursday and will help cover important games that aren't on TSN. Watch the website for details: https://games.curlinggeek.com

If anyone is in Calgary and planning to attend the first couple of days, I would really like to have someone cover the pre-qualifiers. Send me an email at geek@curlinggeek.com Being a geek is easy, and quite addictive.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-25-15 06:07PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: 2015 Brier

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingGeek
The Brier starts Thursday with the first pre-qualifier game at 7pm Calgary time: PEI v. Yukon

Coverage this year is going to be extensive: Bob Weeks has the scoop that TSN is going to show two games per draw across their TSN 1-5 channels:

I've got two volunteers (so far!) lined up for CurlingGeek: one will cover all the Team Ontario games, the other arrives next Thursday and will help cover important games that aren't on TSN. Watch the website for details: https://games.curlinggeek.com

If anyone is in Calgary and planning to attend the first couple of days, I would really like to have someone cover the pre-qualifiers. Send me an email at geek@curlinggeek.com Being a geek is easy, and quite addictive.

are you kidding me?. tsn will show 2 games at a time but didnt do that for the scotties. that annoys me

02-25-15 07:40PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Will they have two sets of announcers going at one time?

02-25-15 09:39PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: 2015 Brier

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Ditto. JJ, Val, Mean girls & Hometown Stef gave TSN its highest ratings in years. Yet they prefer showing darts, poker and other rubbish on their other channels.

And please, no more Michael Landsbergh Off the Record re-runs. What a horrid show!

Don't forget day long coverage of the leafs yard sale.

Maybe if this two channel coverage works out well for the brier they will do it for the Scotties next year. It's a great idea instead of running the same thing on 4 feeds.

02-25-15 09:43PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

Re: 2015 Brier

quote:

So will any of the pre qualifier be on Tsn or will they just start their coverage on Saturday like the Scotties did? The CCA link doesn't really explain this.

02-25-15 10:19PM
Island Roger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Island Roger Find more posts by Island Roger Add Island Roger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Island Roger
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Wonder if the following folks will have media or other roles at the Brier:

Jon Mead
Glenny Howard
Jeff Stoughton
Randy Ferbey
David Nedohin
Mike McEwen

Frankly, I'd love Howard & Mead to do the second game. Mead is incredibly good on TV - and Howard is probably very good.
Mudryk or Cathy G could anchor their games.

Barf Burgers all around. That will be just a bunch of kiss assing (with the exception of Ferby). How about we throw the Wrench in the booth ?

02-25-15 10:50PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

cheryl, rus and vic on one game. steph lewdrew and brian mudryk on the other? or brian and cathy?

02-25-15 11:44PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Because The Sh!T Network decided to wait until the women were finished before they expanded coverage (something these unimaginative stiffs should have done at least 3 years ago), I will not watch a single draw. Sportsnet is no better as they themselves play a role in excluding the women from a couple of slams. We need more women in higher positions so they can infiltrate these dick fencing board rooms.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

Last edited by Radio-Man on 02-26-15 at 12:24AM

02-26-15 12:03AM
nicecontroleasy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nicecontroleasy Find more posts by nicecontroleasy Add nicecontroleasy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nicecontroleasy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man
Because The Sh!T Network decided to wait until the women were finished before they expanded coverage (something these unimaginative stiffs should have done at least 3 years ago), I will not watch a single draw. Sportsnet is no better as they themselves play a role in excluding the women from every slam. We need more women in higher positions so they can infiltrate these dick fencing board rooms.

ummmm, sportsnet just announced 5 Grand Slams next year with both genders. there are 7 for the men, but one of them is during women's worlds so really very close to equal now. guess you can at least watch sportsnet if that falls into your criteria of progress.

02-26-15 12:13AM
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Because The Sh!T Network decided to wait until the women were finished before they expanded coverage (something these unimaginative stiffs should have done at least 3 years ago), I will not watch a single draw. Sportsnet is no better as they themselves play a role in excluding the women from every slam. We need more women in higher positions so they can infiltrate these dick fencing board rooms.

At least women's curling gets national media attention, tennis is probably the only other sport where the women get close to equal coverage. Can't say this for a lot of other sports.

02-26-15 12:17AM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Looking forward to the Women's slam opposite the Men's Worlds. Absolutely no reason why the women should be excluded from anything. Particularly in light of the fact they often beat the men in the ratings.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

02-26-15 12:22AM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by mcgregorm89

At least women's curling gets national media attention, tennis is probably the only other sport where the women get close to equal coverage. Can't say this for a lot of other sports.

True.

02-26-15 12:27AM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nicecontroleasy

ummmm, sportsnet just announced 5 Grand Slams next year with both genders. there are 7 for the men, but one of them is during women's worlds so really very close to equal now. guess you can at least watch sportsnet if that falls into your criteria of progress.

I meant not included in every slam, not excluded from every.

02-26-15 08:37AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

In defense of TSN, I would guess that location has much more to do with the decision of introducing this at the Brier instead of the Scotties. Last I heard, the cost to move in a full TSN broadcast experience (cameras, lights, generators, etc.) was $100k per day. If you've ever seen a live arena, they haul a lot of junk around, and only own so many trucks. Dragging even a little extra up to MooseJaw would have been challenging: they just aren't set up for it.

Calgary on the other hand, is a full fledged NHL stadium with a ton of infrastructure already. It will be much cheaper and easier there.

TSN isn't stupid: they've got MBAs with spreadsheets calculating all this stuff. If it makes money, they'll do it. That makes the Brier experiment very interesting. If splitting the channels means turning one broadcast of 500,000 viewers into two broadcasts of 250,000 each...this idea is dead. Net viewership needs to rise to make this economically feasible.

02-26-15 08:45AM
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
In defense of TSN, I would guess that location has much more to do with the decision of introducing this at the Brier instead of the Scotties. Last I heard, the cost to move in a full TSN broadcast experience (cameras, lights, generators, etc.) was $100k per day. If you've ever seen a live arena, they haul a lot of junk around, and only own so many trucks. Dragging even a little extra up to MooseJaw would have been challenging: they just aren't set up for it.

Calgary on the other hand, is a full fledged NHL stadium with a ton of infrastructure already. It will be much cheaper and easier there.

TSN isn't stupid: they've got MBAs with spreadsheets calculating all this stuff. If it makes money, they'll do it. That makes the Brier experiment very interesting. If splitting the channels means turning one broadcast of 500,000 viewers into two broadcasts of 250,000 each...this idea is dead. Net viewership needs to rise to make this economically feasible.

Tsn and the CCA also get more money from sponsors in the brier than they would in the Scotties.

02-26-15 09:02AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

TSN: We're excited to announce expanded coverage of Brier, with multi-sheet experiment!
Curling Fans: Still not good enough! Why not 3 years ago?

*headdesk

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-26-15 10:57AM
scorer79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scorer79 Click here to Send scorer79 a Private Message Find more posts by scorer79 Add scorer79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scorer79
Harvey Hacksmasher

Since I don't get TSN, I will be trying out your live streams for the first time during the brier.

Are you Chromecast compatible?

02-26-15 11:30AM
Deucey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deucey Click here to Send Deucey a Private Message Find more posts by Deucey Add Deucey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deucey
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry
TSN: We're excited to announce expanded coverage of Brier, with multi-sheet experiment!

*headdesk

I agree, there are CAVE people (Complain About Virtually Everything) everywhere. Even when someone does something they like they complain that it wasn't done sooner and to a greater extent. Only 2 games!!! Why not 4?

02-26-15 12:41PM
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by scorer79
Since I don't get TSN, I will be trying out your live streams for the first time during the brier.

Are you Chromecast compatible?

Good question...it should work. Please give it a try and let me know.

Fair warning: what I provide is not a video-stream. You can see the tail end of the Scotties here to get the idea:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/78

It's the 4th best way to enjoy curling...I promise.

02-26-15 12:59PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Why not two weeks ago? Pretty insulting to fans of women's curling if you ask me. I can't speak for the women curler's, but If I were them I'd be asking the same question. Last week the same game was often on three + channels.

Last edited by Radio-Man on 02-26-15 at 01:01PM

02-26-15 03:01PM
Deucey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deucey Click here to Send Deucey a Private Message Find more posts by Deucey Add Deucey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deucey
Drawmaster

quote:

Why not two weeks ago? Pretty insulting to fans of women's curling if you ask me. I can't speak for the women curler's, but If I were them I'd be asking the same question. Last week the same game was often on three + channels.

I'm sure some bean counter somewhere figured they only had the budget to try it on one and Calgary had the cheaper set up cost. If it works out I'm sure they'll do it for both next year. Either that or they had sponsors who were willing to pay for time on the 2nd draw of the brier and not the scotties.

I'm all for fairness, but some people are too obsessed with it. Sometimes one sibling just gets more cheerios.

02-26-15 04:28PM
Noeller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Noeller Click here to Send Noeller a Private Message Find more posts by Noeller Add Noeller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Noeller
Harvey Hacksmasher

According to TSN:

Morning Draws: Mudryk (and his eye bags) with Gauthier
Afternoon/Evening Draw A: Vic, Russ, Cheryl
Afternoon/Evening Draw B: Mudryk (and his eye bags) with Dave Ned

Should be fun...the more curling on TV, the better!

02-26-15 04:29PM
Donr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donr Click here to Send Donr a Private Message Find more posts by Donr Add Donr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donr
Hitting Paint

Looking forward to having Dave Nedohin working with TSN for their expanded coverage. Told my wife i will need another TV lol

02-26-15 04:36PM
Noeller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Noeller Click here to Send Noeller a Private Message Find more posts by Noeller Add Noeller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Noeller
Harvey Hacksmasher

Crew of us Bisons living in Alberta will be at the Saturday and Sunday night draws cheering on Rama. Watch for the big ol' Bison hats on TSN!

02-26-15 05:06PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Noeller
According to TSN:

Morning Draws: Mudryk (and his eye bags) with Gauthier
Afternoon/Evening Draw A: Vic, Russ, Cheryl
Afternoon/Evening Draw B: Mudryk (and his eye bags) with Dave Ned

Should be fun...the more curling on TV, the better!

nedohin? that could be interesting. dont think he's ever commentated before. i dont see david and brian as a terrible interesting pairing but we'll have to wait and see.

kind of wish they could have found a way to get steph ledrew on board but i understand if she has other commitments.