Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Red Deer Curling classic

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-23-18 03:45PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
im guess they would not have had 14 drinks at their hotel room

it is not illegal to drink or get intoxicated

all of the damage was done by the club in this case

overserved and went public

staff needs to be reprimanded - licence suspended

to the what iffers - what if the club served you 10 drinks and you killed some kids in a street walk - still think the club is so great - didnt think so

20,520 hits

I certainly would have no problem going to the club for drinks. No one is going to force them on me either. I would drink as I pleased. If I drank too much and got out of hand, I would also blame myself and hold myself accountable for my own actions. After all, I am an adult.

That is the problem with every things these days. No one holds themselves accountable for anything, it is always someone else's fault.

I understand and can see what you are saying if these were underage persons getting plastered. But it was not, it was adult's, who I might add, have been around a bit and know the what they should and should not be doing. They should have also known the consequences.

Who is to say other people were not buying drinks for them...after all, if I was at an even and saw Ryan, I might just want to buy him a drink.

Anyway, we will never be on the same side - take responsibility, hold yourself accountable and why blame some guy or girl trying to make a living. Or the club for that matter.

I hate the blame game.

Happy Hollidays!

(who cares hot many hits) It does not mean nothing, I often look at something, read a couple of words and quit.

Thinking we should not have a Brier Patch in Brandon this year.....lol. So much for revenue. Considering Brandon started the Brier Patch.

Last edited by CURLER1 on 11-23-18 at 03:48PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-23-18 03:54PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

18,800 hits -- at 20,000 hits i will say no more

PLEASE!!!!

11-23-18 03:57PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

all of the damage was done by the club in this case

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-23-18 05:49PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
funny my case is full of facts and you co9me up with wow , and in my day6

and 20,000 hits means im playing with your tiny brains

the boys did nothing that hasnt been done 1000 times before

labonte did exactly the same think to us 40 years in Hibbing - we just beat him soundly and moved on to win the final

what a whiney bunch of chicken littles

I hope the bartender cuts you off soon, you are starting to make spelling errors and not really making much sense.

I am out of here - and just because someone looks at it, doesn't mean they read it.....I do that all the time on sites.

11-24-18 08:24AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Guys, don't feed the trolls

11-24-18 03:57PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Well, you're not entirely logical Fresca. But between you and Legendinhisownmind (how ya doin' Resby? still pretending to be someone else? LMFAO) that's hardly unusual.

However, I will partially agree with you that the club does bear a measure of responsibility in what has the appearance of overserving. And given the amount of media attention this has received, it would not surprise me one bit if the Alberta Liquor Board is having a quiet look at this-and curling clubs in general.

But I'm going to have to agree that the main responsibility lies with the team. Who, to their credit, have taken the appropriate steps.

I'm not going to make pointed statements about the event. There's no need. And knowing who a lot the regular posters are on this site, it would also be hypocrisy. We've all been guilty of questionable behaviour after a few too many wobbly pops, so jumping up on a soap box screaming 'shame' does no one any good. One solid look in the mirror and a trip down memory lane will likely remind us all we have little right judge-myself included.

Hopefully everyone learns from the incident. The WCT has some soul-searching to do on a real conduct policy-which it needs to do not just with the teams but with their event hosts as well to ensure that all the parties are on the same page. Athletes need to decide when and where to blow off some steam. Perhaps, in this case, a WCT event wasn't the right venue and a recreational men's bonspiel might have been a better choice. In fact, I'll venture that had this occurred at, say, the Yellowknife Men's spiel we'd not have even heard about it.

All ML's speculating aside, I agree that we'll see Fry rejoin the Jacobs line-up after a brief stint.

11-24-18 05:48PM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan
Well, you're not entirely logical Fresca. But between you and Legendinhisownmind (how ya doin' Resby? still pretending to be someone else? LMFAO) that's hardly unusual.

However, I will partially agree with you that the club does bear a measure of responsibility in what has the appearance of overserving. And given the amount of media attention this has received, it would not surprise me one bit if the Alberta Liquor Board is having a quiet look at this-and curling clubs in general.

But I'm going to have to agree that the main responsibility lies with the team. Who, to their credit, have taken the appropriate steps.

I'm not going to make pointed statements about the event. There's no need. And knowing who a lot the regular posters are on this site, it would also be hypocrisy. We've all been guilty of questionable behaviour after a few too many wobbly pops, so jumping up on a soap box screaming 'shame' does no one any good. One solid look in the mirror and a trip down memory lane will likely remind us all we have little right judge-myself included.

Hopefully everyone learns from the incident. The WCT has some soul-searching to do on a real conduct policy-which it needs to do not just with the teams but with their event hosts as well to ensure that all the parties are on the same page. Athletes need to decide when and where to blow off some steam. Perhaps, in this case, a WCT event wasn't the right venue and a recreational men's bonspiel might have been a better choice. In fact, I'll venture that had this occurred at, say, the Yellowknife Men's spiel we'd not have even heard about it.

All ML's speculating aside, I agree that we'll see Fry rejoin the Jacobs line-up after a brief stint.

really - Resby?

Because that explains a lot. Brandon is not that big.

11-24-18 06:03PM
Alice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alice Click here to Send Alice a Private Message Find more posts by Alice Add Alice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alice
Swing Artist

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2018/1...eing-too-sober/

"Limbo sticks." I am so using that to teach learn-to-curls this winter.

11-24-18 06:17PM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Alice
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2018/1...eing-too-sober/

"Limbo sticks." I am so using that to teach learn-to-curls this winter.

that is great, thanks for sharing!

11-24-18 07:35PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

Red Deer curling classic

https://www.newsandtribune.com/cnhi...93339d3c01.html

Has anyone seen this video?

Fry looks in control at the end of it, it is Koe that is out of control. Crawling off of the ice? Pathetic.

Fry is the big name, and he admits to his behaviour. this video shows koe should also take responsibility for his actions. His statement and this video clip don't jive. He couldn't even stand up.

As to the other 2, who was ejected from the Saskatchewan Provincials for poor sportsmanship a few years back? A long history of rock throwing, broom smashing....

Fry is taking a lot of heat, but all 4 should be held accountable.

At least Fry acknowledges there are issues and he is addressing them.

If you look at the historical social media posts from Koe and Schille they are all about hitting the patch, and pictures of this kind of behaviour. Yet somehow they are not the focus of the vitriol out there.

4 players were drunk.

Also want to point out that there was a post from someone who was actually in the audience and he did not use emotionally loaded descriptions of what happened and suggests the media has blown it way out of proportion. Posters here who hate sure are expressing that loud and clear.

I think this forum should allow free speech. I just hope there are enough rational people out there that realize much of the facts being stated are conjecture and highly charged language is presenting bias.

4 drunks. 4 badly behaved curlers.
Only one acknowledging it.

I don't know any of the players personally. I hope that Jacobs really means what he says about supporting Ryan. That means not trashing or dumping him. I would think sponsors would want someone who admits failings, and works to change as a role model, rather than those who pretend to be perfect and aren't.

In the meantime Ryan Fry can't turn on the tv or radio or internet without this being the butt of sports jokes.
Even CBCs Because News milked it for all it was worth. Drunk curlers is news?

11-25-18 12:24AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

that is great, thanks for sharing!

Interesting. Good luck.

11-25-18 06:20AM
Clappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clappy Click here to Send Clappy a Private Message Find more posts by Clappy Add Clappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clappy
Harvey Hacksmasher

fresca, I thought you were leaving after 20,000 hits?

I guess she was just teasing us.

11-25-18 07:43AM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Manitoba Legend is NOT RESBY COUTTS

i have met both

Actually, I did know that.

I mis-read the post.

11-25-18 04:56PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

This has what to do with Red Deer?

11-26-18 07:23AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

to the what iffers - what if the club served you 10 drinks and you killed some kids in a street walk - still think the club is so great - didnt think so

20,520 hits

No fresca. Just no, no, no. I would certainly NOT blame the club for something that is TOTALLY my fault. In that situation it would be ME that made the decision to drink and drive. If it wasn't one club, it would be another, or a party at a friends home, or at a wedding. All different servers, the only constant being ME being stupid enough to drink and drive. It is SILLY to blame the server. I would not be sitting in my jail cell wondering who I could blame it on. Now maybe my lawyer would, but that's a different story. I wonder if you are the kind of person who would sue a house-owner for not clearing his driveway if you slipped in it whilst wearing unsuitable footwear.

Last edited by GreatCanadian on 11-26-18 at 09:25AM

11-26-18 11:38AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

In Ontario, if you are overserved, the place where you were overserved particularly if it had a liquor licence would also be liable.

If you have a party and one of your guests staggers to their car and you don't make an effort to stop them, you are liable.

In Red Deer, if Koe fell on the ice, hit his head and died, the club could be liable for letting him on the ice.

11-26-18 11:44AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
In Ontario, if you are overserved, the place where you were overserved particularly if it had a liquor licence would also be liable.

If you have a party and one of your guests staggers to their car and you don't make an effort to stop them, you are liable.

In Red Deer, if Koe fell on the ice, hit his head and died, the club could be liable for letting him on the ice.

I am not disputing that at all. Right and wrong is different than legal and illegal. This has been lost in today's sue-happy society.

11-26-18 12:20PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by GreatCanadian

I am not disputing that at all. Right and wrong is different than legal and illegal. This has been lost in today's sue-happy society.

EXACTLY