Registered: Jan 2009
Location: Hovel of Fame
Kaitlyn Lawes & Johnny Mo
Congratulations to our Olympic curling champions Kaitlyn Lawes & John Morris for winning the Portage Mixed event.
Not only winning but cutting thru the field like a hot knife thru butter.
Nobody in curling are as fun to watch as Kaitlyn & Morris. No one. Jones used to be a ton of fun but ever since she started botching most of her shots - not so much.
As far as past and current curlers that were fun to watch:
1. The Wrench, Eddy Werenich
2. Orest Meleschuk - The King of Ranting & Raving
3. Sandra Schmirler - such an elegant & graceful winning foursome
4. Don Duguid 4 - the brute power noise of Pettapiece & Wood, the cool indifference bordering on hate from "The Arrow" Rod Hunter and Little Duguie, Danny Digit, with the hole in his dragging toe boot. Great shots, great personalities.
5. Brad Gushue 4 - made curling into a wonderful watchable chess match with extreme rock control
6. Rick Folk 4
7. Bob "Pee Wee" Pickering - just for the awesome delivery
8. Jennifer - even with the extreme screaming and early panic
9. Ron Northcott's Owl Brigade - the art of the great sweepers, great shots by Owl, wonderful strategy
10. Frank Gudz - they used to call him Robin Hood in Brandon - he'd steal from the rich (his opponent) and give to the poor (himself). Frank was quite the character.
11. The Obst Brothers of Weyburn, Sask - had the privilege of knowing and curling with Terry & his brothers. Never got to a Brier but always threatened.
12. Bobby "The Brain" Robinson - the grand-master of the roaring game - nobody could out think you like The Brain. Fully of quips and personality. Only problem was that despite winning a manitoba championship (1969) only one member of the team could throw more than back-line weight. 3rd man Alan Shinfield could barely deliver a rock to the front rings. Imagine a team like that in today's day 'n age. Can u spell Group Z?
I'm one of the good guys now!
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged