Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-07-17 10:00AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

It seems to me that probably 90plus percent of our posts on these forums are critical or negative about someone or something. Without that there would be very little participation , if any. That's the Canadian way.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-07-17 04:30PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
It seems to me that probably 90plus percent of our posts on these forums are critical or negative about someone or something. Without that there would be very little participation , if any. That's the Canadian way.

Agree, but this essentially has nothing to do with simply

being critical about something or somebody, and it's certainly

has nothing to do about any elite curler's need to be

defended by some poster nerd.

I'm sorry, but I find it offensive when M.L. posts crude,

rude, mean-spirited, tasteless comments about curlers such

as:

--- "McCarville may not be glamorous.."
--- " Homan is mealy-mouthed "
--- " Lisa was either gassed or.."
--- " Shannon, The Undertaker ."
--- " Don't think they Will Soil Themselves like Jones did".

Is this the kind of language we're looking forward to?

I hope not!

02-07-17 05:07PM
tubby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tubby Click here to Send tubby a Private Message Find more posts by tubby Add tubby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tubby
Swing Artist

Fortunately for me, I am not smart enough to understand much of what ML says.

On a happy note, looks like it will be another couple of months before people suggest Glenn Howard is washed up and should retire.

02-07-17 05:44PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

It is entertaining to read the old bed****ters dementiated, rude and ignorant posts. I laugh at his idiocy.

02-07-17 07:51PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

C'mon Manitoba's Idiot you got better than that don't ya??

02-07-17 07:59PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

02-08-17 02:16AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer

Agree, but this essentially has nothing to do with simply

being critical about something or somebody, and it's certainly

has nothing to do about any elite curler's need to be

defended by some poster nerd.

I'm sorry, but I find it offensive when M.L. posts crude,

rude, mean-spirited, tasteless comments about curlers such

as:

--- "McCarville may not be glamorous.."
--- " Homan is mealy-mouthed "
--- " Lisa was either gassed or.."
--- " Shannon, The Undertaker ."
--- " Don't think they Will Soil Themselves like Jones did".

Is this the kind of language we're looking forward to?

I hope not!

If your post is not a joke, it is laughable.
Honestly.

The only phrase that I've had a problem with from M.L. was the recent 'Lisa was either gassed, or' referenced to above. If the intention was to suggest that the curler was possibly either drunk or high on something, then that is unacceptable. It is getting way too deep in the area of personal insults.
But that is the only thing I've seen from M.L. that has crossed the line in my 5 years or so of reading this message board.

If you and others are truly offended by the other benign phrases you quoted above, and by monikers like 'Mean Girls', etc., you belong either at the head of the 'Political Correctness' party, or with others who possess little to no comprehension of what is truly offensive in life, and who simply try to create problems where no problem exists, simply in order that they get attention.
People who feel 'better' about themselves by stepping on others deserve each other's company. But it would be appreciated if you'd spare the rest of us your company.

It's very sad that some people are so personally insecure today that everything seems to 'offend' them. This has led to the disastrous rise of 'political correctness' - which is a classic case of the 'cure' being far worse than the illness it claims - falsely - to remedy.

While you criticize M.L. for very benign comments, you, meanwhile have taken shots at M.L., called him juvenile, insulting names, complimented others who do the same, and encouraged others to insult, vilify, and belittle him. You (and certain others of your ilk) have thus contributed material on this message board which is far more unacceptable and objectionable than anything that M.L. writes.

Wow...

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by On The Nose on 02-08-17 at 06:59AM

02-08-17 10:40AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

BETTER TO HAVE HOG'S BREATH THAN NO BREATH AT ALL

Since you did not refer to the quotations pertaining to Homan

and Lisa, presumably you agree that I quoted you correctly.

With regard to the last statement which you claim referred

to soiling the ice in Charleswood, I would suggest it had

little to do with soiling the ice there or any other part of

Winnipeg. Actually it referenced Team Homan.

Please refer to your post dated 02-03-17, 10:05 PM. which

reads, "I don't think they'll soil themselves either (like

Jones) in either semi or final."

Regarding McCarville, I'll let your crack research team

work on that one. If they can't find it in a couple of weeks,

I'll be pleased to give you the exact date and time of your

post.

02-08-17 07:18PM
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

If your post is not a joke, it is laughable.
Honestly.

The only phrase that I've had a problem with from M.L. was the recent 'Lisa was either gassed, or' referenced to above. If the intention was to suggest that the curler was possibly either drunk or high on something, then that is unacceptable. It is getting way too deep in the area of personal insults.
But that is the only thing I've seen from M.L. that has crossed the line in my 5 years or so of reading this message board.

If you and others are truly offended by the other benign phrases you quoted above, and by monikers like 'Mean Girls', etc., you belong either at the head of the 'Political Correctness' party, or with others who possess little to no comprehension of what is truly offensive in life, and who simply try to create problems where no problem exists, simply in order that they get attention.
People who feel 'better' about themselves by stepping on others deserve each other's company. But it would be appreciated if you'd spare the rest of us your company.

It's very sad that some people are so personally insecure today that everything seems to 'offend' them. This has led to the disastrous rise of 'political correctness' - which is a classic case of the 'cure' being far worse than the illness it claims - falsely - to remedy.

While you criticize M.L. for very benign comments, you, meanwhile have taken shots at M.L., called him juvenile, insulting names, complimented others who do the same, and encouraged others to insult, vilify, and belittle him. You (and certain others of your ilk) have thus contributed material on this message board which is far more unacceptable and objectionable than anything that M.L. writes.

Wow...

I can't ever recall calling M.L. 'juvenile' but now that you

mention it, that would not be entirely inappropriate given

the insults he labels curlers with on a daily, even hourly

basis.

And it's not surprising either that you find his belittling,

condescending remarks about curlers laughable and fully

tolerable - given your standards which are unequivocally

low - perhaps lower than M.L.'s, if that possible.

In any case, Sport, I hope my remarks will not dissuade you

from continuing to defend M.L's remarks even if they may

be odious. Posters like myself welcome your fodder.

02-08-17 08:10PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

I know of 3 people who have asked him politely and or bluntly to quit with the unwanted nicknames. 2 are currently in playdowns right now and the other is a former world champ.
So, to say they are harmless is simply nave.
Any players that have been referred to as anything but their given names have been disrespected by this self imposed "Legend".
Nicknames are used by friends and acquaintances that know, for a fact, that the name is acceptable by the person.
Any disrespectful names that Manitoba Idiot has ben called has been earned, unlike any name he has called curlers that are discussed on here.
But, taken from a private message " he has the right to act like a moron".

And... here are a few more "classy" names he has used:
Queen Kong
Noisy Nix
Obnoxious Amy
Hobo playing 3rd (Sloan)
And maybe the worst, "Jones would plod all kinds of curling IUD`s``

Last edited by guido on 02-08-17 at 11:35PM

02-08-17 09:25PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

This has got to be the weakest Alberta men's playdowns ever. Whoever wins out of Botcher or Thomas will still probably finish 5th or 6th at the Brier, but still I'm used to it always sending a team that could potentially win.

This may be an effect of the men not having a Team Canada for so long. Most provinces only have one elite team and they were virtually auto-berthed into the brier every year.

The only province that I would say currently has two teams that could both be good enough to win a brier would be Manitoba (Carruthers and McEwen).

02-08-17 10:23PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Sasquatch
This has got to be the weakest Alberta men's playdowns ever. Whoever wins out of Botcher or Thomas will still probably finish 5th or 6th at the Brier, but still I'm used to it always sending a team that could potentially win.

This may be an effect of the men not having a Team Canada for so long. Most provinces only have one elite team and they were virtually auto-berthed into the brier every year.

The only province that I would say currently has two teams that could both be good enough to win a brier would be Manitoba (Carruthers and McEwen).

It's really not a guarantee one of them will win either

02-09-17 04:40AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido
I know of 3 people who have asked him politely and or bluntly to quit with the unwanted nicknames. 2 are currently in playdowns right now and the other is a former world champ.
So, to say they are harmless is simply nave.
Any players that have been referred to as anything but their given names have been disrespected by this self imposed "Legend".
Nicknames are used by friends and acquaintances that know, for a fact, that the name is acceptable by the person.
Any disrespectful names that Manitoba Idiot has ben called has been earned, unlike any name he has called curlers that are discussed on here.
But, taken from a private message " he has the right to act like a moron".

And... here are a few more "classy" names he has used:
Queen Kong
Noisy Nix
Obnoxious Amy
Hobo playing 3rd (Sloan)
And maybe the worst, "Jones would plod all kinds of curling IUD`s``

Oh my god... he called a curler "noisy" and "obnoxious"? Really? That's completely unacceptable and crosses way, way over the line... in the ridiculous world of 'political correctness'.

I honestly cannot believe that you people are serious, complaining about such benign trivialities. If you are, in fact, serious, you clearly are far more troubled than is M.L.
And if some elite level curlers have truly complained about M.L.'s nicknames, then they seriously need to grow a thicker skin.

Nicknames are abundant all over sports. Sportscasters today love to create nicknames - the flattering and unflattering alike - for various athletes. And they all reach a far wider audience than M.L. does.

You strongly object to M.L. referring to some curlers as "noisy", "obnoxious", and "mean girls", but you have no problem in you yourselves calling people "idiots" and "losers". How can you thus be taken seriously?
Honestly, if you people complaining - actually, not only complaining, but also spotlighting your blatant hypocrisy by calling M.L. an "idiot", "loser", etc - if you people who are doing this are over 10 years of age, it is beyond comprehension.

No doubt you will find endless pleasure and entertainment in the following article... isn't it wonderful that this little girl got what she 'deserved'?
Did you do things like this in school? Or are you 'late bloomers'?
What you are doing here is the adult equivalent of this - which is obviously not very 'adult'...

www.Giving-'Losers'-What-They-'Deserve'...

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by On The Nose on 02-09-17 at 08:10AM

02-09-17 09:26AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I now firmly believe Carruthers could finish in the 1-2 game and have at least a 50% chance of winning a Brier (as a skip) while TNT McEwen would probably find a way to struggle for a playoff berth (4th or a tie-breaker) and have an early playoff exit.

they would both have a pretty good chance of winning.

02-09-17 12:57PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Reading and comprehension my fellow Cz member. OTN