Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-04-17 12:42PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Olympic Qual Rules

quote:
Originally posted by RaiseDoubleFTW
Just wondering if anyone knows how ties are broken if two or more countries are tied on points for the last Olympic qualification spot.

Being such a big prize I am wondering if they would actually make them play a game for it.

The result this season is the tiebreaker. For example, two teams who finished tied with 10 points, team who had better placement in this year's Worlds will win the tiebreaker.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-04-17 12:53PM
RaiseDoubleFTW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RaiseDoubleFTW Click here to Send RaiseDoubleFTW a Private Message Find more posts by RaiseDoubleFTW Add RaiseDoubleFTW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RaiseDoubleFTW
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Olympic Qual Rules

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

The best result this season is the tiebreaker. For example, two teams who finished tied with 10 points, team who had better placement in this year's Worlds will win the tiebreaker.

Thanks Gerry. Makes sense. I didn't think through the play-off game idea as it wouldn't have worked so well if Denmark were in that last spot.

"Quick guys. Get to the airport. We're playing GB for the last Olympic spot in Edmonton tomorrow!"

04-04-17 01:00PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido
pffftttt.
The only game Canada may lose is in the playoffs.

Agreed. I think Edin is the only team in the field that can touch Gushue.

Sweden is smoking Italy, Germany surprisingly beating China 5-2,and Shuster all of the sudden is throwing raise take doubles for 4 and leads 8-3.

The fourth spot will be interesting.

04-04-17 01:19PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

I didn't know Ian Tetley was coaching Scotland, when did that happen?

04-04-17 02:37PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I'm gonna chip in here and make it semi-unanimous about China toppling Canada for their first loss.

The Goo Express has been firing on mostly all cylinders - with o so minor blips vs. Sweden - Brad opening biding his time before finally breaking Niklas - or did Niklas break Niklas (with some dodgy strategy?)

If the Chinese deliver their A game today - I think Gushue will almost be relieved to lose a round-robin match - and be able to re-set and re-focus for the more important job - finishing Top 2 and having a heckuva playoff weekend!

Lost in all of this - Newfoundland's 2nd Brier title since 1927 is that Brad is also trying to avenge the weak & sickly play of Jack McDuff & Toby McDonald at the 1976 worlds - where they finished well up the track - an embarrassing 2-7 record.

Wouldn't it just be easier and kinder to support Brad Gushue and the Nfld rink. Lets also show some respect and call him by his surname. There is nothing more personal than a persons name. Just askin. Tnx

04-04-17 02:43PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar
I didn't know Ian Tetley was coaching Scotland, when did that happen?

Tetley has been with Murdoch for the past two seasons.

04-04-17 03:18PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
I'm gonna chip in here and make it semi-unanimous about China toppling Canada for their first loss.

The Goo Express has been firing on mostly all cylinders - with o so minor blips vs. Sweden - Brad opening biding his time before finally breaking Niklas - or did Niklas break Niklas (with some dodgy strategy?)

If the Chinese deliver their A game today - I think Gushue will almost be relieved to lose a round-robin match - and be able to re-set and re-focus for the more important job - finishing Top 2 and having a heckuva playoff weekend!

Lost in all of this - Newfoundland's 2nd Brier title since 1927 is that Brad is also trying to avenge the weak & sickly play of Jack McDuff & Toby McDonald at the 1976 worlds - where they finished well up the track - an embarrassing 2-7 record.

If Liu and Gushue played 100 times Gushue would probably win at least 90 games, probably closer to 95 of them. I like the odds of Gushue winning this game, not sure why anybody would pick China to win this afternoon. Sure it could happen, but it's certainly not the most probably outcome and yes upsets happen all the time and it is very tough to go undefeated and not have a bad game occur somewhere in a twelve team round robin. I get it. But trying to predict which game might be Team Gushue's bad game is a fool's query.

Ask yourself this, if your life depended on correctly selecting the outcome of this game would anybody honestly pick China?

04-04-17 03:19PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Murdoch down 2-4. Surprise fr sure. However,much likeeve muirhead dd it wouldn't surprise me to see him go on a 5 game streak and finish 7-4

Huge and unexpected win for the Germans

Norway curled great and still got creamed. Either they were unlucky or the guy grading shots was extremely generous

04-04-17 06:19PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Gushue leads China in the 8th end by couple

and has the hammer barring a complete collapse Canada should win their game, as no surprise that Scotland's Murdoch rink is convincingly leading to win their game after a three game losing skid How is Canada going to handle team Netherland without taking them too lightly .....nothing should be taken for granted here ,Canada is on a roll for sure

04-04-17 06:19PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Gushue leads China in the 8th end by couple

and has the hammer barring a complete collapse Canada should win their game, as no surprise that Scotland's Murdoch rink is convincingly leading to win their game after a three game losing skid How is Canada going to handle team Netherland without taking them too lightly .....nothing should be taken for granted here ,Canada is on a roll for sure

04-04-17 06:35PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

Listening to Alison Kreviazuk struggle to string together two coherent sentences on the WCF YouTube broadcast.

It really makes me realize how lucky TSN is that Cheryl Bernard just happened to be available.

04-04-17 07:01PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Drawmaster

USA v Japan tonight, in what might be a battle for who gets eliminated from the playoff contention.

04-04-17 07:10PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by GregJP
Listening to Alison Kreviazuk struggle to string together two coherent sentences on the WCF YouTube broadcast. It really makes me realize how lucky TSN is that Cheryl Bernard just happened to be available.

I disagree, Greg. I enjoyed her commentary. I found her articulate, polite, and very knowledgeable. I was enjoying her before I knew who it was and was surprised when it was disclosed. Go figger. Found out through the chatYouTube that she is coaching in Sweden.

Anne Swisshelm (USA team ErikaBrown) is another WorldCurlingTV commentator. She is also pretty good. But I enjoyed Alison more. I'd say the women are the experts in both WCTV broadcast teams - and they guys are the sideVoices. Less expertise. Just my take.

Last edited by nelski on 04-04-17 at 07:16PM

04-04-17 07:23PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
I disagree, Greg. I enjoyed her commentary. I found her articulate, polite, and very knowledgeable.

You found her to be articulate? You have got to be kidding me.

I realize that this was probably her first gig, but she was the exact opposite of articulate.

04-04-17 07:27PM
GregJP
Swing Artist

Canadian women and men are 19-0.

I think running the table (26-0) is still not odds on, but it's getting pretty close. I'd say it's 65/35 against.

Reallistically, Edin is the only one who can stop it from happening.

04-04-17 07:35PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Well Germany upset China and Norway's had a bad day, the US has bounced back.

China lost to Canada though like I said, people just keep underestimating Brad. Swiss beat Scots like I said, again more overestimating Murdoch and underestimating the Swiss.

Tonight's winners are: Italy, Canada, Swiss and US.

04-04-17 07:36PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Goo has Germany, Netherlands, Japan & Italy left in the draw.

At this point, he can afford to lose one of those games and still retain 1st place and last rock advantage.

2 losses (heavy odds against this) probably secure a spot in the 1-2 game and 50% shot at last rock/choice of stones!

Basically, you start tuning up your play for the weekend. No other motivational phrases are needed. Gushue & the boys are focused and determined. Yesterday was the biggest lull in their play - as they hardly communicated for half an end. Cripes, that's like Joanne Courtney not saying a word for an entire end.

You are forgetting Norway.

04-04-17 08:02PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner
Well Germany upset China and Norway's had a bad day, the US has bounced back.

China lost to Canada though like I said, people just keep underestimating Brad. Swiss beat Scots like I said, again more overestimating Murdoch and underestimating the Swiss.

Tonight's winners are: Italy, Canada, Swiss and US.

its not about overestimating or underestimating anyone.these teams , asart from sweden and canada are very close in talent and all capable of beating each other.there's canada and sweden at the top and then russia and netherlands easily the worst at the bottom but its even with everyone else.

in regard to switzerland beating scotland they needed to go all the way to do it, its not like they dominated the game.

norway wont be making playoffs. they need to run the table and that involved knocking off canada. id favor them over italy and germany. put them at about 50/50 against china

if they win those 3 and lose to canada they finish 6-5. dont think that'll get anything

and as much as drools over japan im still not impressed with them this week. easily could have lost to germany and one bad end and one bad break is all that allowed them the win over norway. howard makes them sound like some top line world beating team. they are good but there isnt some separation between them and everyone else. they have a tough schedule to close with canada, switzerland and china to come and united states tonight. i wouldnt rule out 2-3 more losses in that

04-04-17 08:48PM
tyren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tyren Click here to Send tyren a Private Message Find more posts by tyren Add tyren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tyren
Harvey Hacksmasher

i am honestly surprised at the dominance Brad and the boys have been demonstrating. I dont think Brad has had to throw his last rock yet which is incredible. Is this a cause of Brad just playing well or the skill set of the competition not being as high? i think a bit of both. they will easily be first place now as they will not drop two games and i only see Edin giving them a run for their money, but i think these guys are gonna go through undefeated.

04-04-17 10:16PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

its not about overestimating or underestimating anyone.these teams , asart from sweden and canada are very close in talent and all capable of beating each other.there's canada and sweden at the top and then russia and netherlands easily the worst at the bottom but its even with everyone else.

in regard to switzerland beating scotland they needed to go all the way to do it, its not like they dominated the game.

norway wont be making playoffs. they need to run the table and that involved knocking off canada. id favor them over italy and germany. put them at about 50/50 against china

if they win those 3 and lose to canada they finish 6-5. dont think that'll get anything

and as much as drools over japan im still not impressed with them this week. easily could have lost to germany and one bad end and one bad break is all that allowed them the win over norway. howard makes them sound like some top line world beating team. they are good but there isnt some separation between them and everyone else. they have a tough schedule to close with canada, switzerland and china to come and united states tonight. i wouldnt rule out 2-3 more losses in that

Well you are forgetting very important things, the HTH between teams and how they have performed this year, because you see Edin is not very capable of beating Gushue, they have played each other 14 times and Edin has won only 2 times, Gushue 12.

You really need to get your facts right, ok, yes Edin and Gushue have had great years with 500 and 484 points respectively, but there is a difference between the rest, so here are the rankings, the Swiss are the clear 3rd best team with 234, then Scotland with 203, then Norway with 198, then China with 153, then the US with 150, Japan with 108, Netherlands with 79, Germany with 62, Russia with 55 and Italy with 15.

Proof is in the pudding, your predictions have been off where as mine have been more on.

Norway can easily still make playoffs, they don't have to play any hard games except for Canada, which is winnable, 5 losses might be ok this time anyway, as the middle is looking pretty jammed right now.

Japan have not had a good year, so I would not be surprised if they missed playoffs, even though they are in a good position right now.

04-04-17 10:30PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Japan just stole 2 on the US.

Dutch doing well vs. Swiss so far.

Italy all over Russia.

Canada owning Germany.

04-04-17 10:41PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Canada wins easy as expected, should do the same tomorrow morning vs. the Dutch.

04-04-17 10:51PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Gushue and company will blow Norway off the ice.

Last edited by TJNCJ on 04-04-17 at 10:53PM

04-04-17 10:55PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by TJNCJ
Gushue and company will blow Norway off the ice.

They've never played before, so I would not say that, Gushue are the favs there no doubt though.

04-04-17 11:11PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Re: Wonder if?

quote:
Brad & Co. will insert Thomas Sallows into one of the remaining games - obviously to give Geoff Walker some rest!

I thought it was Nichols who had injury issues.