Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
Runback - Custom Curling Wear
Subscribe to The Curling News today!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by StonePunter

Did you ever find it on the official website? I'm still looking. (I know there's the one here at CZ, but I can't understand how I either can't see it or they forgot to put it there.)

there should be a display at the top of the page and link to live scores on the official site now

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-13 09:53AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

The CZ scoreboard (to the right of this page) has the various tourneys now underway including the worlds and the pomeroys in alberta. When you go to the world site just click on a current score and you'll be re-directed to a full scoreboard which includes the latest shot percentages.

Wish the Brier and the STOH had that feature! A rag-tag world championship in Latvia can get up to date percentages. WOW!!!

Old Post 03-16-13 10:04AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
The CZ scoreboard (to the right of this page) has the various tourneys now underway including the worlds and the pomeroys in alberta. When you go to the world site just click on a current score and you'll be re-directed to a full scoreboard which includes the latest shot percentages.

Wish the Brier and the STOH had that feature! A rag-tag world championship in Latvia can get up to date percentages. WOW!!!

Isn't it up to CZ what to put on its website? Brier and Scott stats were readily available on CCA site.

Old Post 03-16-13 10:48AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

My thoughts on the first day of matches:

DRAW 1:

Winner: The United States but i think italy will make them work for it

Winner: Russia (against Germany)

Winner: Switzerland..wanted to say japan though

Winner: China (against Denmark)

You batted .500. Really nothing wrong with your analysis but you couldn't have expected China to play so poorly. And Russia/Germany was as close as it gets.

Old Post 03-16-13 10:51AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by greenroad

You batted .500. Really nothing wrong with your analysis but you couldn't have expected China to play so poorly. And Russia/Germany was as close as it gets.

The Germans were almost extinguished by the high percentage russians but Andrea's diabolical plots got her thru.

Nobody could have predicted China to bomb out in their first outing.

Zonee (Switzerland) needed all her savvy to eke out a tighty vs. Japan.

Surprised Team USA swarmed Italy - somebody's been watching Rachel Homan tapes!!!

Old Post 03-16-13 10:58AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Yeah..not really to disappointed with my picks, 2-2 is pretty good for me.

I kind of was incling toward picking denmark to beat china because , as i said nielsen is very dangerous at the start of an event and then tends to fade a bit toward the end.I stuck with china though because i thought the fact that the olympics are on the line might drive them and because they are the better team when they are on. Like you said though they werent on and..who really could have seen this loss coming?

The win over Russia for Germany is massive. Its disappointing for the russians who come in with huge expoectations and eyes on them. For germany the win might prove to be huge towards getting the ranking they need to get into the olympics. For russia..well if they lose to china tonight it might already be lights out on a aplyoff spot with the teams to come

It looks like italy played defensive like china and payed the pirce. It looked like italy caught on to the ice but it was obviously to little to late.

not impressed by switzerland really. The young japanese team , very talented and experience might have been key here. The skip had a draw for 2 that might have been the difference between winning and losing in the 9th. If not for silvana switzerland probably would have lost.

Old Post 03-16-13 12:12PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

TSN Away Game Coverage

From the TSN website: "TSN's exclusive live coverage begins Saturday at 1 p.m. ET with Canada's opening draw against Scotland. Coverage runs March 16-24 on TSN and features every Team Canada draw plus the playoffs and Final . "

This is impressive. In past years I recall zero coverage of round robin games when the Worlds event was outside Canada or North America.

Old Post 03-16-13 12:35PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

Re: TSN Away Game Coverage

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
From the TSN website: "TSN's exclusive live coverage begins Saturday at 1 p.m. ET with Canada's opening draw against Scotland. Coverage runs March 16-24 on TSN and features every Team Canada draw plus the playoffs and Final . "

The good news is even better when you realize that they will only show the "bronze medal game" if Canada is playing and if Canada is there it would be a deeesaster for me.

Old Post 03-16-13 12:53PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Re: TSN Away Game Coverage

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke

This is impressive. In past years I recall zero coverage of round robin games when the Worlds event was outside Canada or North America.

It really is great to see they are covering the whole event

Old Post 03-16-13 01:40PM
murphyj87
Hitting Paint

Re: Re: TSN Away Game Coverage

quote:

It really is great to see they are covering the whole event

They covered all of Canada'a games at the World Men's in Basel last year too.

Old Post 03-16-13 01:48PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: TSN Away Game Coverage

quote:
Originally posted by murphyj87

They covered all of Canada'a games at the World Men's in Basel last year too.

I know and its great to see. It wasnt that long ago that they covered only the playoffs if the worlds were not in canada or the US so its great we are getting the whole event now

I know im being picky but i still hope that some day they'll cover the world juniors too

Old Post 03-16-13 01:53PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Just wanted to point out that vic has made like 5 mistakes in his commentary already this game.

among them:

rachel lost to eve in the 2009 world junior final
Sidorova skipped china

Old Post 03-16-13 01:57PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

The mistakes just keep flowing from vic's mouth..its kind of sad

Old Post 03-16-13 02:05PM
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Hard for them to cover the world juniors anymore... I believe that since they split up the men's and women's world championships (requiring an extra 2 weeks of SoC events), the juniors have always overlapped with the brier. So great of TSN to cover the complete round robin in the international-location world championships now!

Old Post 03-16-13 02:24PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

Jet lag will do that.

Old Post 03-16-13 02:26PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Alison is just not curling well today at all..im not sold that its the rock either because she's been heavy on the second one before too

Old Post 03-16-13 02:46PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

you know something incredible? Eve has not lost to a canadian team at a major competition in 4 years

Old Post 03-16-13 03:26PM
peteski
Swing Artist

China is in real tough now to qualify directly for the Olympics

Old Post 03-16-13 03:32PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

Great match between the 2 best teams in the World today (well 2 of 3 since I think Sigfridsson has to put in there with them). Muirhead was just too strong today. Hopefully for Homan she isnt that strong when they meet in the playofs which will probably happen at some point.

Old Post 03-16-13 03:40PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses
Great match between the 2 best teams in the World today (well 2 of 3 since I think Sigfridsson has to put in there with them). Muirhead was just too strong today. Hopefully for Homan she isnt that strong when they meet in the playofs which will probably happen at some point.

All players misfired at one point or another - Eve must have cringed when asking Anna to draw. If this were tennis you could say the majority of points came off errors rather than winners.

Still, a good effort by both teams for their first competitive match in a new rink.

Old Post 03-16-13 04:10PM
greenroad
Drawmaster

Looks like TSN must have got World Curling TV not to show Canada's matches here.

Old Post 03-16-13 05:15PM
murphyj87
Hitting Paint

Curling TV

They're usually on http://www.curling.ca/curlingtv about a day after the game is played.

Old Post 03-16-13 05:40PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:

All players misfired at one point or another - Eve must have cringed when asking Anna to draw. If this were tennis you could say the majority of points came off errors rather than winners.

Still, a good effort by both teams for their first competitive match in a new rink.

Very true. I just watched the entire match on PVR and there was no way Eve tormenteed Rachel, even though Eve shot 90% and Rachel was a putrid 72%....

More like the Canadian front end played like butchers and Ali K wiping out changed it from a 2-1 lead to a 3-0 lead.

Ali looked a bit jittery today. Earle has work to do.

Rachel & MissQ didn't look as fierce as they did vs. JJ. Of course, having to play one of the world's best curlers will do that to you.

Scotland 2nd demolished Ali and Scotty's lead was wickedly bad.

Old Post 03-16-13 05:43PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Did good today, went 5-3 over all..which is a nice start for me

I will give my luck a shot with tommorrow's matches:

Draw 3:
Japan v.s Denmark
Denmark and Japan actually match up pretty well i think, experience may be the key factor here. Japan started with a heartbreaking loss to switzerland they could have won while denmark steamrolled china but also definately benefited from a fast start.
Winner: Denmark

United States v.s Germany -
This is a battle of veterans and 2 former world champions. This could be a very good one or a complete mess. It doesnt seem like either team really curled well in their opening wins. Germany was a part of a see-saw affaiur with russia and the US steamrolled italy but the stats wouldnt indicate that they lit the world on fire to do it. Im thinking germany looked the better of the 2 though..athough slightly
Winner: Germany

DRAW 4:

China v.s Switzerland
Switzerland is 2-0 but maybe a little fortunate to be so. China needs to get things going if they are to salvage an olympic spot. They did look better against russia
Winner: China

Canada v.s Latvia
expect this to be a very one sided affair. Dont think latvia can hold up to this team's shot making. The score against sweden was a loss by 3 but latvia never really threatened them and sweden was in control the whole time, this should be the case for canada.
Winner: Canada

Sweden v.s Scotland
Scotland really has a nightmare first couple of rounds doesnt it?. This is a huge match and one i wish i could watch. The history between these 2 teams is interesting because there are a number of blowouts between them. This should be a good one. I think scotland got a little fortunate to run into a canadian team that struggled with the ice, it doesnt seem like sweden had the same problems
Winner: Sweden

Russia v.s Italy
The italians really seem to be struggling with the ice here, they've been blown out in their first 2 games. Diana has had a fair amount of success against Russia but if she cant catch on to the ice this will be over early again
Winner: Russia

I will do draw 5 later
Winner:

Old Post 03-16-13 06:59PM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Alison is just not curling well today at all..im not sold that its the rock either because she's been heavy on the second one before too

I think the trip hit her and given time Canada will be rolling no problem. Alison also underthrew two hits early suggesting she's tired. Scotland got them at the right time, but after seeing Anna Sloan today I still think she's not a strong third ( I've come to this conclusion several different years; Scotland's results have been fairly spotty given that their skip is one of the premiere throwers in the game ). Canada played about as bad as they ever play and Scotland barely hung on to their advantage. That won't be good enough later on. We'll see if they improve as well.

All the teams are adjusting to rocks/ice and Alison should have picked up on her fast rock by end 3, not end 8 or 9. Again, sounds like a tired Curler.

Old Post 03-16-13 07:03PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Click here to Send Nine Ender a Private Message Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote