Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Brandon Brier

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-03-19 09:55PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Mikey Goldslinger was running along quite swimmingly before The Botchman kept up the torment - taking 3, stealing 3.

Mike had the look of a man who had just suffered a full blown nervous breakdwon. The Bottchbot will make short work of McEwen now.

Lots of work to do in next 12 hours to rebuild Mike's frail psyche!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-03-19 10:20PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Darren nice double but then a foot heavy setting mike up for saving end

Great game - wonder why the fans left

03-03-19 10:30PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

You depend on a lot of run backs and it just a matter of time before u miss about 6

Pretty sure there was no triple in nine - shooter we’d have rolled out for sure and mike gets one at best - 1 up without

Last edited by fresca on 03-03-19 at 10:44PM

03-03-19 11:14PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

great game -

the crew cant even shut for a final rock - sheesh

and ford - less is more - if i buy a boat ill be buying a silverado

funny that tim hortons doesnt use the bombardment commercials - ill buy a doz donuts tommorrow

03-04-19 01:40AM
Prawnpuller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prawnpuller Click here to Send Prawnpuller a Private Message Find more posts by Prawnpuller Add Prawnpuller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prawnpuller
Harvey Hacksmasher

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fresca
[B]I agree but
Population ont 13 m il
Ns 900,000
Nb 700,000
Albt 8 m

And tv knows how many viewers are in each zone and they know how many will watch eacg game

You do have to wonder why they would play that obnoxious vic and doug commercial so much. ?????? Was cute once but pretty disgusting now - must thing fans have low iq
——————————————

I have to agree..the ads with Vic and Doug have worn thin...With a lot of clubs trying desperately to increase or at least maintain membership what message does this ad suggest...possibly that you have to be a Dufus to curl..sheesh..enough already.

Two things can happen..one is bad

03-04-19 08:15AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

——————————————

I have to agree..the ads with Vic and Doug have worn thin...With a lot of clubs trying desperately to increase or at least maintain membership what message does this ad suggest...possibly that you have to be a Dufus to curl..sheesh..enough already.

Two things can happen..one is bad [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe these Vic and Doug ads are to show us how dumb Vic was when he first started TSN coverage. Now he thinks he's pretty good at the curling game. lol

03-04-19 09:31AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

A thought curl canada

Instead of running essentially useless ads - everyone watching is a devoted curler - so a better idea would be running it at 8am when cartoon fillers are on

Or

There are 350 scott volunteers and probably 500 brier volunteers in Brandon

ALL unpaid for about 50 hours each - plus they pay $125 ish for a volunteer jacket that im guessing costs $15

Give the volunteers a jacket and pay them $1 an hour and dont run silly commercials

Then we get to see the lead rocks in our national championship

03-04-19 09:39AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Whoever said minus 40 isn't that cold because it's a dry cold is crazy. A balmy minus 16 today. People of Brandon are fantastic. Loving it here. Now, so more wins!

03-04-19 10:20AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Hitting Paint

Unpopular opinion time: though they haven't picked up a W yet, I'm more impressed by Ontario than Wild Card. They just seem more strategic and not gushed on nearly as much, so more of an underdog to me.

03-04-19 10:41AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Unpopular opinion time: though they haven't picked up a W yet, I'm more impressed by Ontario than Wild Card. They just seem more strategic and not gushed on nearly as much, so more of an underdog to me.

Both about the same age (except for Poppy Moulding) but Alberta has sponged up far more experience at almost every level of the game.

Bottcher looked slightly unhinged vs. Manitoba but just kept tormenting Magic Mike McMeltdown with completed shots - eventually Mike snapped.

McDonald prolly needs this experience to build up his physical & mental endurance - with Old Glenny gradually gliding out of the picture, the McDonald 4 could be a semi-permanent fixture on the national scene!

03-04-19 11:12AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Wife requested this post. She enjoys and watches most televised games and thinks Cathy Gauthier is the best commenter and wishes she did all of them . Big shout out to Cathy.

03-04-19 01:28PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Wife requested this post. She enjoys and watches most televised games and thinks Cathy Gauthier is the best commenter and wishes she did all of them . Big shout out to Cathy.

I understand why your wife or anyone would think this. I find she is a refreshing break from Russ and Cheryl. And I think for me variety is the key. I used to like Russ a lot but now for me his past due date has expired. He tends to pick a favorite and then the team that he thinks should win, will make all the shots and the other team is in trouble and says all the bad things that can happen to them. Just think the modern game has passed him by just a bit now. What I like about Kevin Martin is he stays neutral and points out different things without coming off as "I know better" than anyone else. I would love for Cathy Gauthier to take McKusker's place on Sportsnet but that won't happen. All announcers have a shelf life in my opinion.

03-04-19 02:45PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Lol

Yea lowest of 50 years or death

Cbc has 4 on national now .. ian waited 20 years

One cbc sports commentator has been to 50 olympics !

Always stars interview with 18 year old gold medalist with

“ is this better than last year when u fell and came 108th ? “

The putz

Last edited by fresca on 03-04-19 at 04:21PM

03-04-19 02:46PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Mikey & his mechanix warming up in preparation for 2pm encounter with Party Boy Jamie Koe.

On paper, a bit of a mis-match. Even the 4th or 5th rated Team MB is better than YT - at ALL POSITIONS.

But Jamie, buoyed by the party nature of this even, knowing he has no chance to medal - could put up a blockbuster 83 to 88% outing; possibly leading McEwen to break!

03-04-19 03:18PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Mikey & his mechanix warming up in preparation for 2pm encounter with Party Boy Jamie Koe.

On paper, a bit of a mis-match. Even the 4th or 5th rated Team MB is better than YT - at ALL POSITIONS.

But Jamie, buoyed by the party nature of this even, knowing he has no chance to medal - could put up a blockbuster 83 to 88% outing; possibly leading McEwen to break!

looks like lots of fans in the stands for an afternoon draw. All the rural farmers must have come to town, or everyone took vacation days in Brandon. As I sit three blocks away on my couch - lol.

03-04-19 03:57PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

looks like lots of fans in the stands for an afternoon draw. All the rural farmers must have come to town, or everyone took vacation days in Brandon. As I sit three blocks away on my couch - lol.

Sorry. Mikey Manitoba NOT playing Jamie Koe, he's playing Yukon Jon Solberg and Yukon Jon just stunned The Don Knotts of Brier curling for a 3-spot.

Whether McEwen can hold off the ferocious Solberg, who knows. McEwen is fragile, to be sure!

03-04-19 05:50PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

hes wide hes heavy its two yellow no 1 red no 1 yellow

tip
the less you talk the less mistakes u make

lots of barn burners

hey ford - how much is 75% of an f150 - cause thats what im getting when i dont see lead rocks

what was the result of the red deer curling club albc over serving investigation ?

- all i heard was a reprimand and extra training

03-04-19 06:03PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
hes wide hes heavy its two yellow no 1 red no 1 yellow

tip
the less you talk the less mistakes u make

lots of barn burners

hey ford - how much is 75% of an f150 - cause thats what im getting when i dont see lead rocks

what was the result of the red deer curling club albc over serving investigation ?

- all i heard was a reprimand and extra training

Then everyone got a round on the house!!! lol

Should saved a mickey for Mike "Need a Mickey" McEwen.

Another gunch-job vs. low-rated Yukon

Memories of Dastardly Danny Fink in 1973 (Edjmonton)

Fink (with Rod Arrow Hunter) rolling along swimmingly at 4-0, faced some hick named Harvey Mazinke in an afternoon draw - then fell apart vs. Mazinke, NEVER won another game, finished 4-6 despite having curling legends Rod Hunter & Thunderclap Pettapiece on board!

NB: The 'hick" Fink succumbed to eventually won the Edmonton Brier with a 9-1 record. Harvey Mazinke ruled! Neither Fink, Mazinke or Jim Pettapiece ever returned to a Brier.

Last edited by Manitoba Legend on 03-04-19 at 07:56PM

03-04-19 07:02PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Feel real bad for team McEwen. You can just feel the pain of the losses on their faces, especially Mike. They're very lucky Quebec lost or there would have been 4 way tie 2-2 with only 2 teams advancing. Now it's just 2 teams.

Heading down for the 7 pm draw if any curling zone folks going give a shout to section 15. Going for our 3rd win.

03-04-19 08:12PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Feel real bad for team McEwen. You can just feel the pain of the losses on their faces, especially Mike. They're very lucky Quebec lost or there would have been 4 way tie 2-2 with only 2 teams advancing. Now it's just 2 teams.

Heading down for the 7 pm draw if any curling zone folks going give a shout to section 15. Going for our 3rd win.

Mikey and a couple other Brier scrappers might tag into the next part of the program - ie. PLAYOFF 8 but I expect the FINAL 4 will boil down to the usual suspects. A Monster's Ball -

Kevin Koe, Brad Gushue, Brad Jacobs, Brendan Bottcher.

McEwen & Reid just don't have the horsepower and nuance to ride this donkey into the medals!

03-04-19 08:21PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

From the Legend's archives here's a 45 yr old article for all my fawns & ice-scrapers.

One of the most heart-wrenchng articles I've ever read about the sport of curling. McEwen's last 2 losses reminded me of this one - which I was fortunate enough to attend, 1974, Winnipeg Arean, approx. 5,000 in the stands for the Manitoba Consols final.

https://newspaperarchive.com/winnip...b-18-1974-p-37/

03-04-19 11:01PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Hitting Paint

Holy hell, what a game.

03-04-19 11:11PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

the brier is the best

love that last shot - 1/16 inch off on the guard and its a miss

> II <

AND HE CALLED IT 2 SHOTS BEFORE HE THREW IT

03-04-19 11:31PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

This is where percentages don't mean a thing. To a lot of observers, Koe's first shot would have been a 4/5 or 5/5. It was actually worse than a 0/5. He could have thrown it through the house and been better off. It gave Gushue a huge out.
It shows how confidence plays into the game. As grapefruit pop suggested, Koe was playing, and making that shot 2 shots prior.

03-04-19 11:37PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Holy hell, what a game.

2 ferocious teams. Absolutely ferocious curling, the best there is . . . .

Hands on favorites to meet in the gold medal game . . . .

Brad Jacobs, the bard of the soo will try to insert himself into the equation . . ..

Botcher will prolly round out the Top 4