Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-06-18 10:20PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Right again ML, hand shakes in eighth.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-07-18 10:08AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

This event clearly shows the state of women's curling in Canada. Only 3 provinces represented. And Homan the only upper echelon team in Ontario for the foreseeable future. This trend is not new but have and have not provinces/territories are wide apart.

12-07-18 10:30AM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by bpm

https://www.tsn.ca/curling-season-h...tevan-1.1218554

"The fields for this event will have an odd look to them because there will be seven teams on the men’s side and eight on the women’s. Casey Scheidegger, Kerri Einarson and Darcy Robertson finished in a virtual three-way tie for the final two spots in the qualification standings last year, meaning each squad received an invite to the Canada Cup."

Thanks for that, figured there was something somewhere, it just seems that 7 is an odd number to have, thought maybe someone could not make it at the last minute so they decided to go with 7 instead of 8.

12-07-18 11:25AM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

There have been some good and bad rules introduced into curling in the recent past, one of the bad ones is the timing by end. Had enough of it already.

12-07-18 11:31AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Every athletes performance declines in their 40's and that includes curlers. While I’m not as analytical as ML, I have followed curling and ML's reviews for many years and know that she and her team have won lots and lots of games/tournaments since ML wrote her off , including Olympic gold (undefeated), whereas Homan didn’t make Olympic finals. I can see, eventually he will be right as years go on. I acknowledge the Homan team is/has been good and will no doubt win more.
Since most sports fans are homers, I suggest we have been provided with more enjoyment cheering on our Manitoba team, than perhaps any other Canadian province.

12-07-18 05:53PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Sometimes you can have the most talented curler on your team, but if the chemistry has disappeared or was never there, you can only last so long.

This event is where I’ve seen Jacobs with a big smile on his face for the first time in a long time.

12-07-18 11:46PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

They have played under those rules at the Elite 10 and World Cup in the past. This is not the first time for timed ends.

I've been working as a timing official for the CWC in Omaha and from my viewpoint, I kind of like it. Teams have adjusted well to the format. Haven't seen a team reach zero yet.

No time outs either so teams have to stick to the game plan and be disciplined. Works well and I believe it's for the benefit of TV.

12-08-18 01:15AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Agreed - Brad never looked happier. Kennedy is a keeper. They'd be idiots to return him to sender. Kennedy seems to enjoy having an assertive skip to work with.

In the meantime I know a Manitoba team that could use the services of a hot-shooting, Manitoba-born 3rd. Name is Ryan Fry. Yes, he's a bit of a pain in the a - but he can shoot the lights out - and surely wake up the sleepy personalities of Reidorama & Magic Mike!

Interesting to see if Jacobs drags Kennedy out of retirement....

12-08-18 03:32PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Raytch overcomes minor resistance in final draw to slide into 3rd place in event & snags final playoff berth.

Playing none other than Jennifer Jones tonite @7pm

If Raytch is on her game it shouldn't be much of an affair. Not only the 10+ pt. difference Raytch usually imposes on Jones but the sharpness & clarity of the shot-calling, sweep calls & defensive abilities.

Raytch knows Jones over exposes herself when playing and that should give Homan the upper hand.

Raytch had some putrid outings this event but she'll be bowling tough tonite!

Biggest surprise of the event is Casey Scheidegger failing to secure a playoff spot. Totally unexpected but she's got no one to blame but herself. Otherwise, the form chart held

Your biggest surprise sure changes, your JJ predictions change every post. From the very first page, your very first post you said (in quotes) "Laura Walker or JJ Jones - neither are the picture of stability right now."

lol - you always have Jones out if it before it ever gets going. hohoho!

12-08-18 05:52PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Nice win by Koe and the boys -- they've only been playing in seven events so far, too!

12-08-18 09:22PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Raytch

If Raytch is on her game it shouldn't be much of an affair. Not only the 10+ pt. difference Raytch usually imposes on Jones but the sharpness & clarity of the shot-calling, sweep calls & defensive abilities.

Raytch had some putrid outings this event but she'll be bowling tough tonite!

Another accurate prediction (sarcasm).. She is not bowling tonight, more like football, straight through the uprights hitting zippo.

12-08-18 10:41PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

Nice win for Jones team. And ML, it was a 20 point difference , not 10.

12-08-18 11:08PM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

replied to wrong post

12-09-18 11:39AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

I was just on facebook and noticed this article on curling sport injuries. I was reading some of the responses and came across this comment. I'll post the link shortly.

Elsie Marie Mcleod commented: Women suffer as well. Like Jennifer Joan after her second child. I seen that she couldn’t throw the rocks like she use to. Because she gained weight on her hips. That called middle age spread and some of it is for having children. Watching her now throwing the rocks after a second year. She looks like she’s used to her change on her body.
Lots of the other women suffer from guilt of leaving their child or children.

12-09-18 06:41PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Jones

Run back double in 9 for 3 and the win. Called and made. Well played.

12-09-18 08:19PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

After all we have read on this forum over the past few years about the deteriorating state of Jennifer's ability , it should be noted that in the playoffs Jennifer curled 87% (2games) vs Rachel’s 68% , and won the Canada Cup. ML, make note of these figures so you can include some accuracy in your next debasement of the team.

12-09-18 09:32PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

KOE/Hebert

For the love of god, someone on the team get a stopwatch...... perhaps from one of your sponsors. They all make stopwatches. You are so damn lucky to score 1, instead of a steal you have no idea how lucky you are. BEN STOP YOU'RE WHINING. You screwed up on time for a change....insert sarcasm here sheldon cooper, and you KNOW it. Don't go begging your buddy Kennedy, shut up and watch the clock!!!!!!!! If you can't handle the time crunch, you don't deserve to be here.

Predicting broom smashes, rock kicking, and cursing forthcoming from Hebert......again, for a change.

12-09-18 09:34PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Re: KOE/Hebert

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
For the love of god, someone on the team get a stopwatch...... perhaps from one of your sponsors. They all make stopwatches. You are so damn lucky to score 1, instead of a steal you have no idea how lucky you are. BEN STOP YOU'RE WHINING. You screwed up on time for a change....insert sarcasm here sheldon cooper, and you KNOW it. Don't go begging your buddy Kennedy, shut up and watch the clock!!!!!!!! If you can't handle the time crunch, you don't deserve to be here.

Predicting broom smashes, rock kicking, and cursing forthcoming from Hebert......again, for a change.

Koe - still so painful to watch. Ben needs to take a lesson from Koe and shut his mouth.

12-09-18 09:53PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Hebert

I've said it here before, I'll say it again. Very POOR sportsmanship. I don't care what the circumstance, when you KNOW you're in the public eye and being recorded or broadcasted live, shut up. I go back to the men's world championship in Moncton and Hebert lost to Scotland. We were 8 rows up just above the cameras and could see and hear all the goings on. Worst skip call in history? Debatable. I agree should have peeled kennedy's first. Too arrogant Martin there. However, after the game the spew and antics from Hebert were UNBELIEVABLE and as a Canadian I was embarrassed sitting one row in front of Mrs Murdoch who kept singing "They'll be coming down the road"
Throw your flowers on the ground and put your medal in your pocket. GROW UP.

Go Jacobs Go

12-09-18 10:46PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

ML You're Out Of Touch

Don't ever question the Hackner shot best ever. Lots of great shots since but NONE EVER will be greater. Rocks, ice etc you could have the greatest ever line that shot up and make it 1 in a 100;. If that

Any other shot you mention for the past 100 years does not compare. Take a breath.

12-09-18 11:35PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Eish. Fry shouldn't be written off because of one overblown incident. Woz will be playing Third next event and perhaps after that Fry will be back with Jacobs.

Dislike the time rule. Don't necessarily agree with how Ben reacted but Kev andled it well and sad for him and the others for the close loss. Still, this is their seventh event together, forth time in finals, curling gods will eventually be on their side.

12-10-18 12:20AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

The official should have never been out there. There was 2 seconds on the clock and it was obvious that Koe was going to use his 90 time out. If Koe would have made the last shot, and then the rock pulled you would have really disliked Hebert’s reaction.

12-10-18 01:37AM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I was cheering for Koe as I usually do. However I watched the replay of the 5th end. They took too much time and missed the shot. What were they arguing about?

12-10-18 01:57AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Official at the throwing end said they had lots of time. Official at the other end came out and was hassling Neufeld about pulling the rock, taking his attention away from calling line. They sweep that rock and they possibly score 2.

12-10-18 06:59AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

I dislike these timing rules too. Part of the reason that I enjoy watching curling is to listen to the players try to solve the puzzle that's laid out before them. This per-end timing system doesn't allow for as much of that, leading to rushed decisions and rushed shots.

It also places onus on clock operators to get things right all the time. Having done a little of that myself for another sport, I know that's not as easy to do as it looks, particularly for non-professionals. When I went to the Tour Challenge a few weeks ago, I saw numerous instances of operators starting or stopping clocks late or running them for the wrong team, and several screen malfunctions where the players couldn't see their time clock at all. And that was with the normal rules.

All that being said, one benefit I do see from the per-end system is it discourages teams from blanking ends so that they can bank time to use later in the game. I don't care for blank ends either, but the timing-by-individual-end solution goes too far the other way, I feel.

I'd like to see a middle road tried, where teams are given overall thinking time in two halves, i.e. 16 minutes to play the first four ends and 17 to play the remaining four. (adjust numbers as necessary for 10-end games) That way, you cut out half of the banking incentive, but still give the teams some flexibility as to when to stop and really think about what they're doing.