Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

Eastern Time (ET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Should out of Province Athletes Pay More for Entry?

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-04-18 03:45PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Click here to Send IN-OFF-FOR-2 a Private Message Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

Well stated. On behalf of the "Joe Curlers" I'm certain 95% would agree. I also agree about the hidden agenda to promote the slams to be the be all end all for curling, that started 5 years ago that's killing curling for all except the rich slam teams.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-08-18 10:15AM
nervous_times21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nervous_times21 Click here to Send nervous_times21 a Private Message Find more posts by nervous_times21 Add nervous_times21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nervous_times21
Knee-Slider

Going back to Jamcam - my apologies, by more experience I meant someone who has been around long enough to know why the Canada Cup was created.

The thing I find interesting about the Canada Cup is that Curling Canada recognizes it's a more premier event than the national championships - winners get direct births to the trials vs having to medal at the world's for our national champions.

If Curling Canada (and again, if we agree the Olympics are the ultimate prize) doesn't place residency restrictions on their two biggest events (Canada Cup and Trials), then why charge more for out-of-province players?

One could argue that having a Team Canada and a wild card team dilutes the national championship experience more than loose residency requirements.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged