Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-20-17 11:36AM
troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for troll Click here to Send troll a Private Message Find more posts by troll Add troll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
troll
Knee-Slider

Carey and Nixon so clearly hate each other at this point in the season... Been brewing for months. Not sure this team will make it to the Roar.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-20-17 01:06PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Three

It was funny to hear Peterman actually beg for a timeout and say out loud that she doesn't like this and ' I love the peel' but then be ignored entirely.

I thought that was an interesting exchange as well, especially when Peterman was the one who actually had to throw the rock. In the end, it appeared she was being asked to throw a shot she completely disagreed with.

02-20-17 01:10PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

sponsor

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13
How does a curler that isn't even there get more mention than all the others that are present?

I would guess they sponsor more than the Jones team, so commercials would be played. Play around with your guide, or go the can when the commercial comes on. My god, people are never happy and find the stupidest things to complain about.

The commercial isn't really about Jennifer Jones, it is about the company, she just happens to be the one doing the commercial. You know, they want to advertise their business?

Last edited by CURLER1 on 02-20-17 at 01:13PM

02-20-17 02:00PM
Squiggsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squiggsy Click here to Send Squiggsy a Private Message Find more posts by Squiggsy Add Squiggsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

Re: sponsor

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

I would guess they sponsor more than the Jones team, so commercials would be played. Play around with your guide, or go the can when the commercial comes on. My god, people are never happy and find the stupidest things to complain about.

The commercial isn't really about Jennifer Jones, it is about the company, she just happens to be the one doing the commercial. You know, they want to advertise their business?

That's not even close to what was being asked. dugless was asking why ML made a giant post about the current participants, and he talked more about JJ than the rest of the people who are actually there. ML has a habit of talking about JJ in almost everyone one of his posts. He could make a post about the US men's nationals that just went on, and still find a way to make it about JJ.

To your point, the commercial is terrible, and I change the channel anytime it's on.

02-20-17 02:32PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Sqiggy is correct.

02-20-17 04:25PM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

The commercials may be bad, but no more than a lot of the curling.

02-20-17 05:13PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i just cant listen to this team comment on a rachel homan game. the amount of tongue bathing that goes on and the way they drool over that team is just sickening.

i get it, they are a good team but come on. the commentary on them just literally never stops during one of their games.you cant even tell what emma and archel are thinking because rus, cheryl and vic are to busy talking over them.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-20-17 at 05:22PM

02-20-17 07:56PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

2 beautiful shots by krista there to save her team. really well done

02-20-17 08:42PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Krista is an exceptional curler - given the amount of curling she actually does!

Seems to get stronger as the week goes by - she should have been able to subdue Carey at last year's event but inexplicably she came up average and Carey was inexplicably superb!

Don't know if Team Krista Mac has enough horse-power to properly confront Homan in the finale - but then again, who does?

I suspect Kleibrink may be able to field a so-called super-team if she gets far enough - ie. Shannon skipping, Heather @ 3rd and either put Eyamie at lead or put her on the bench!

PS. If Krista watched Englot earlier today she'd notice that Englot has become a proficient draw curler - she's not a big hitter by any means!

couple things here:

1. krista was anything but average in last year's final. that was a very well curled final

2. michele has always been known for her softer shots and her draw weight.

02-20-17 08:57PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

2. Kendra Lilly's sweater - 2 L's or 1? Perhaps the NOCA decided to save a few sheckels by only putting 1 L on the back of her sweater, who knows?

# three l's actually, But I think the CC has an agent that does all the uniforms, The real question is why would it take a week to get a replacement? Maybe Lilly has decided it would be bad luck to switch now, Surely one of those 70 people in Ottawa can be assigned to uniforms! Kathleen maybe?

02-20-17 09:25PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

NO MB

I'm trying to watch this mart he over the Internet but it says I have NO MB left.

Oh, waitaminute....

02-20-17 10:39PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Nice come back by Team Manitoba. Stick-to-it-iveness there. #OhYeah. Five'n Oh

02-21-17 09:18AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Not every condition is covered by rules or laws .

A person has to have charactor and a sense of fairness as she / he goes thru life .

It has been my experience that those that break, and bend the rules without the thought of how it affects others are pretty pathetic. God gets the sinners as they grow older - those that know they have been a little slippery are usually afraid of death - afraid of living an eternity in hell.

I just updated my living will to say they can harvest my organs before i die - i have lead a kind and generous life - not worried , as i did what was right , i never bent a rule to take advantage of someone.

So far no one has cheated , aka bent the rules.

Please let me know when you think i should be upset because someone has bent the rules.

You need to step down off your high horse and take a good look at yourself. Kind?? I've seen as many stones slung by you as anyone else on this forum. Take an honest look in the mirror fresca. You may not like what you see.

GC

02-21-17 10:22AM
scorer79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scorer79 Click here to Send scorer79 a Private Message Find more posts by scorer79 Add scorer79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scorer79
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

6. Comparing Englot with jj Jones deserves a thread of its own - but Englot is almost the inverse Jones. While Jones ignores almost all the common elements of defensive curling - Englot doesn't. To Jones every shot is an opportunity to make hay while the sun shines - Jones far too often tries to get FAR TOO MUCH out of each individual shot. Englot appears to only try to get something out of every shot - hers or her team-mates. She's a serious campaigner driving a quality group of thoroughbreds - although I still can't seriously put Katie Cameron in the same weight class as Emma Miskew.

7. McCarville - off to a wee slow start - she's still the heir apparent to what the field will serve up to Homan on championship Sunday. Kendra 1 L or 2 is still the best 3rd in the field - next to Miskew and McCarville will eventually use the round-robin games to round into fine shape on championship weekend.

I'm surprised you aren't pumping Kate' tires more. I watched the MB championships on TV and was at the draw yesterday morning and Kate Cameron is on fire right now and playing like the #1 3rd atm. Emma and Kendra are good curlers but we all know that Emma is the weak link on Team Homan and Kendra hasn't arrived to the party so to speak.

02-21-17 10:26AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

not to defend Fresca, and in this case, I disagree. But sometimes I agree. In other sports, there are decisions that I have lamented. Like, the "judged" sports. Corruption is cheating. It is a slippery slope. The doping. Going 8 to 12 years back and yanking medals off athletes. Curved hockey sticks. Cagey brooms - #OhYeah. Pitchers who don't have to bat. A card laid is a card played - house rules. So, it doesn't hurt us to hear someone's opinion, "That's Not Fair" - playground banter. It is our sport, and we have seen it evolve from Rye 'n coke and cigars on the ice to pumped athletes with coaches to speak for them. It is okay that fresca hates this rule and wants to call it cheating. Think about some of your own opinions and let the man grouch away in peace. This is a friendly forum. Lighten up.

Go MB/skSkip Go (another new rule). Also happy for NT's W's on the board. Surprising loss to Japan in the Women's Jrs in Gangneung!! FluBug?

02-21-17 10:52AM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

" It is okay that fresca hates this rule and wants to call it cheating."

He can hate the rule, that is fine but to keep saying it is cheating is flat out wrong and not reality based.

5 (1) Every team shall be composed of a minimum of four players as determined by the rules of the competition except as provided for in Rule 5(5). Prior to each game, a five member team shall designate the four eligible members of the team who will commence play as players for that game. If the fifth member is registered as a player, they shall be recognized as the alternate for that game.

pretty cut and dry. hate the rule, but no matter how you look at it it isn't cheating. The games being played are played under the current rules, not rules from fifty years ago and fresca is just going to have to live with that.

02-21-17 11:06AM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by scorer79

I'm surprised you aren't pumping Kate' tires more. I watched the MB championships on TV and was at the draw yesterday morning and Kate Cameron is on fire right now and playing like the #1 3rd atm. Emma and Kendra are good curlers but we all know that Emma is the weak link on Team Homan and Kendra hasn't arrived to the party so to speak.

Completely agree, re Cameron. I attended both draws yesterday and thought her play was outstanding.

02-21-17 11:48AM
Squiggsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squiggsy Click here to Send Squiggsy a Private Message Find more posts by Squiggsy Add Squiggsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

quote:

Seems to get stronger as the week goes by - she should have been able to subdue Carey at last year's event but inexplicably she came up average and Carey was inexplicably superb!

In the 2016 final McCarville shot 86% and Carey shot 88%. Based on a 4 point scoring system, and 20 rocks thrown by each, McCarville received 69/80 points, and Carey received 70/80 points. How is 69 average and 70 superb?

Here are the skips' percentages from the past few finals:
2015 Winner: 85% Loser: 88%
2014 Winner: 89% Loser: 71%
2013 Winner: 93% Loser: 84%
2012 Winner: 83% Loser: 78%
2011 Winner: 83% Loser: 68%
2010 Winner: 81% Loser: 78%

From 2010 through 2016, only Sweeting in 2015 had a higher shooting percentage than McCarville in 2016 did for a losing skip. McCarville's shooting percentage was better than 4 of the winning skips in the same time period. She did not come up average.

02-21-17 02:52PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:

Emma and Kendra are good curlers but we all know that Emma is the weak link on Team Homan

Lol at this.

02-21-17 04:00PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:

He can hate the rule, that is fine but to keep saying it is cheating is flat out wrong and not reality based.

this is bang on.

I have no problem with fresca, or anyone else, disliking the decision to rotate skips. But it's absolutely clear that it is not 'cheating' and falls well within in the rules.

As an aside, Heather is skipping both Alberta games today. Have to wonder if Shannon's back is even worse than it seemed.

02-21-17 04:03PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

5 (1) Every team shall be composed of a minimum of four players as determined by the rules of the competition except as provided for in Rule 5(5). Prior to each game, a five member team shall designate the four eligible members of the team who will commence play as players for that game. If the fifth member is registered as a player, they shall be recognized as the alternate for that game.

pretty cut and dry. hate the rule, but no matter how you look at it it isn't cheating. The games being played are played under the current rules, not rules from fifty years ago and fresca is just going to have to live with that.

this exactly. hate the rule, fine but dont come on here and get on a high horse and try and shame everyone else for not thinking the same way.

02-21-17 04:45PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

it really is incredible that rus, vic and cheryl can bring up rachel homan at literally any time, and by incredible i mean annoying .even when they are not covering a game that she's on. her name has no place in the conversation, there's no reason to bring her up and yet they do.

seriously, im just gonna start calling them the rachel homan fan club.

i get it , she is a great curler, they are a great team but enough already. when you are watching/covering newfoundland and quebec dont be going off on a tangent about team homan.

02-21-17 05:12PM
scorer79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scorer79 Click here to Send scorer79 a Private Message Find more posts by scorer79 Add scorer79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scorer79
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
it really is incredible that rus, vic and cheryl can bring up rachel homan at literally any time, and by incredible i mean annoying .even when they are not covering a game that she's on. her name has no place in the conversation, there's no reason to bring her up and yet they do.

i get it , she is a great curler, they are a great team but enough already. when you are watching/covering newfoundland and quebec dont be going off on a tangent about team homan.

It's because they don't have JJ to fawn over so she's the new IT girl for them. Also, I think that TSN only likes the favorites unless there's a compelling story to report on any other team. I guess they think it brings ratings.

02-21-17 05:17PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

It's because they don't have JJ to fawn over so she's the new IT girl for them. Also, I think that TSN only likes the favorites unless there's a compelling story to report on any other team. I guess they think it brings ratings.

i dont know about TSN as a network but im sure rus, cheryl and vic have their favorites that they want to see at the end. its made obvious in their commentary

every has favorites. however as commentators it is their job not to make that known. they might not say it but, as i said its fairly simple to figure out. they dont do a good job of hiding it

this is again why i prefer the sportsnet crue to the tsn one. much less tongue bathing, less commenting, as in you get to hear the curlers thoughts and they are better at explaining things in general.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-21-17 at 05:22PM

02-21-17 05:28PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

\
They are also fawning over, Englot and Galusha, w/o JJ, they have turned their attention else where, Did you complain about JJ last year? I know ML didn't