Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-23-17 05:05PM
curlinglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlinglove Find more posts by curlinglove Add curlinglove to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlinglove
Harvey Hacksmasher

Women Standings

1 Scotland 7-2
2 Sweden 7-2
3 Canada 6-3
4 Korea 5-4
4 Switzerland 5-4
6 Russia 5-4
7 USA 4-5 [tie-breaker to avoid relegation]
7 Japan 4-5 [tie-breaker to avoid relegation]
9 Hungary 1-8 [> WJBCC 2018]
10 Turkey 1-8 [> WJBCC 2018]

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-23-17 07:20PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Live now: Men's tiebreaker: Canada vs Norway

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/1819

02-23-17 09:48PM
curlinglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlinglove Find more posts by curlinglove Add curlinglove to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlinglove
Harvey Hacksmasher

That's great, the US is not relegated. Dubber stein finishes 7th...

02-24-17 10:46AM
1manwolfpack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1manwolfpack Click here to Send 1manwolfpack a Private Message Find more posts by 1manwolfpack Add 1manwolfpack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1manwolfpack
Knee-Slider

Boys Win!

Boys win the 1-2 Page Game!
Guarantee a Gold/Silver!!

02-24-17 11:35AM
fanofcurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fanofcurling Click here to Send fanofcurling a Private Message Find more posts by fanofcurling Add fanofcurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fanofcurling
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Boys Win!

quote:
Originally posted by 1manwolfpack
Boys win the 1-2 Page Game!
Guarantee a Gold/Silver!!

Fantastic! Go for the Gold!

02-24-17 01:22PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I, too, am excited that da boys earned a spot in the Page 1v2. However, it only guarantees them a medal...which is great. Losing the Page 1v2 and then losing the True Semi would get them a bronze.

But enough of my negative thoughts. GO USA!

Not to be lost in the excitement of a lock on a Junior Men's medal and a legit shot at World gold is the fact that our extremely young Junior Women's team did very well in the round robin. They then had to win under pressure in a game against Japan to avoid relegation. I'm not afraid of relegation at all, but it does show the character of these young ladies. "Sport does not build character. It reveals character."

Ben Tucker

02-24-17 01:29PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

My bad. I'm behind. Little Stop already won the Page 1v2. I guess I shouldn't spend so much time sleeping. I hate that International Date Line

02-24-17 01:30PM
nom_de_broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nom_de_broom Click here to Send nom_de_broom a Private Message Find more posts by nom_de_broom Add nom_de_broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nom_de_broom
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
I, too, am excited that da boys earned a spot in the Page 1v2. However, it only guarantees them a medal...which is great. Losing the Page 1v2 and then losing the True Semi would get them a bronze.

But enough of my negative thoughts. GO USA!

Not to be lost in the excitement of a lock on a Junior Men's medal and a legit shot at World gold is the fact that our extremely young Junior Women's team did very well in the round robin. They then had to win under pressure in a game against Japan to avoid relegation. I'm not afraid of relegation at all, but it does show the character of these young ladies. "Sport does not build character. It reveals character."

Ben Tucker

They WON the 1/2 game, though! USA!

02-24-17 06:12PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

So the Gold Medal Game is Saturday at 11pm if my understanding of the International Date Line is correct (50/50 chance at it being right). That's Central Time Zone...the only time zone that is important.

OK, I'll need to schedule a nap and not have a drinking Saturday. I don't know why I should be inconvenienced. Make those kids (or, for that matter, next year's Olympians) play at 3am when it's more convenient for me.

Ben Tucker

02-26-17 12:30AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I'm watching. Yawn. Late night. Conservative play. Webcast is of high quality.

I just heard them say that Violette plays out of Seattle which is one of our new dedicated ice facilities. I'm pretty sure that the Granite members will be surprised to hear that their club is really new.

Ben Tucker

02-26-17 01:26AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I don't know if these games can be watched later or not. I strongly suspect that they can be rewatched.

Fifth end break as I type. USA 2 Korea 1

USA makes a mistake in the fourth after blanking the first three ends. USA has shot on the teeline side-fourfoot....kinda almost behind the teeline. We elect to hit a Korea stone on the opposite back side-fourfoot. Oops. Korean skip shows some guts and calls the draw. He gets shot rock and it holds up for the steal.

Hitting was a mistake. We had to get there first. They'd peel the guard and then we can hit the Korean rock.

Nice play in the 5th, but a strange twist. Korea is trying a double. It ends up being mostly a jam. One of our rocks is spinning towards the centerline when it hits the Korean viceskip's foot. USA, well within their rights, elects to leave the rock where it sat...well behind guards. I'd have tapped it an inch over, if I was them...just trying to look sportsmanlike. No big deal. Rock wasn't going to spin very far.

Ben Tucker

02-26-17 01:37AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

2-1 after 7 ends. Really exciting stuff [yawn]. And I stayed up to watch this????

02-26-17 02:15AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Wow. We take a timeout for Stopera's first rock in the 8th. How much do I hate the call they settled on? Lots of hate.

If you get a chance to see it, the call should have been a full hit double on the our two USA rocks in the top house. The back one would have picked off the Korean stone on the side four and Stopera would have had two options to score a big end with the hammer.

USA down 2 playing the 9th with the hammer.

Ben Tucker

02-26-17 02:44AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Silver medal. Nice job.

02-26-17 02:49AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

ok the last 3 ends made it worthwhile.

In 8th end, I think USA was worried more about a steal than getting a big end -- and there was a center line guard that may have convinced them not to play the double.

Korea's vice was a bit too anxious calling sweeping on hits, especially when they tried doubles. But that worked on the last rock -- they needed every brush they could give it.

The game was too conservative for too long but both teams played pretty well. The old cliche -- too bad somebody had to lose -- kind of fits this game.

Last edited by dbsdbs on 02-26-17 at 02:53AM

02-26-17 02:58AM
Alice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alice Click here to Send Alice a Private Message Find more posts by Alice Add Alice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alice
Swing Artist

Could only follow the live scores on WCF site since the YouTube wouldn't load for me. How was fhe fan support on the stadium? Very impressive how the Korean junior men battled back to get to the championship game.

Always great to see a game go to the last rock!

02-26-17 08:00AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

yes, congrats to the boys on the win. actually..i saw that final shot and if korea rolls like another inch the US gets gold so maybe a little bitter there. but well done.